Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sid waddell

Alex Ferguson regularly suffered October humilations as Manchester United manager.

A 5-0 humiliation by Newcastle, a 5-0 humiliation by Chelsea, a 6-3 thrashing by Southampton, a 6-1 defenestration by Manchester City.

It was never remotely mentioned then that the manager was in line for the sack.

Should be the same now.

Solskjaer's United team were beaten 6-1 at home by Spurs early last season. They rebounded to a very strong second place finish in the league.

Time to back him.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: sid waddell on October 24, 2021, 07:21:34 PM
Alex Ferguson regularly suffered October humilations as Manchester United manager.

A 5-0 humiliation by Newcastle, a 5-0 humiliation by Chelsea, a 6-3 thrashing by Southampton, a 6-1 defenestration by Manchester City.

Should be the same now.

Ferguson won multiple titles and CL... Jesus lad, your brain is mush
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

stiffler

This result has been coming for a long time now, the Ronaldo signing was a disaster at the time and its completely derailed the team. Hard to see where ole goes from here. He won't walk and I don't think he will be sacked until the end of the season.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Ed Ricketts

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 24, 2021, 07:23:48 PM

Should be the same now.

He's taking the piss. Very, very, very obviously.

That posting boom over the last 18 months hasn't done much for your own mushy brain.
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Ed Ricketts on October 24, 2021, 08:01:12 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 24, 2021, 07:23:48 PM

Should be the same now.

He's taking the piss. Very, very, very obviously.

That posting boom over the last 18 months hasn't done much for your own mushy brain.

Anyone else I'd say he was taking piss but I'm not sure with this one. Whereas I've talked shite for years
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

sid waddell

In the post match discussion Souness and Carragher were angling heavily for Solskjaer to be sacked.

We all know the reason for that is that as Liverpool men, despite the aberration of a result today, they know United under Solskjaer are a very serious proposition going forward, and they fear them.

The worst thing United could do now is make a rash, knee jerk decision to sack Solskjaer and then rush into appointing somebody like Antonio Conte, who wouldn't understand the United way.

seafoid

Quote from: sid waddell on October 24, 2021, 09:01:56 PM
In the post match discussion Souness and Carragher were angling heavily for Solskjaer to be sacked.

We all know the reason for that is that as Liverpool men, despite the aberration of a result today, they know United under Solskjaer are a very serious proposition going forward, and they fear them.

The worst thing United could do now is make a rash, knee jerk decision to sack Solskjaer and then rush into appointing somebody like Antonio Conte, who wouldn't understand the United way.
The United way.now focuses on the shareholders
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Boycey

Was at football today I missed it. What time is MOTD?

Rich Ricci

Post match i have A chance to calm down, which I haven't  i struggle to remember a game that has hurt me so much. f**k that shit

gawa316

Quote from: laoislad on October 24, 2021, 06:40:53 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on March 26, 2014, 09:59:38 AM
Quote from: EC Unique on March 26, 2014, 09:58:53 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 26, 2014, 09:55:01 AM
I can imagine it is hard to take,  particularly with talk that it OT is going to be renamed the 0 3 Arena!

First I heard of that!

Source?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

It's gonna be renamed the 0 5 Arena after today...

🤣🤣🤣🤣 excellent work LL...no smilies from the buck today!

Capt Pat

OGS is the baby faced assassin. He can not fail. What is Conte going to do for you? Things are much better than they were under Mourinho. Liverpool beat Watford 5-0 a week ago and Watford beat Everton 5-2 yesterday. This means United will score 5 in their next game.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: sid waddell on October 24, 2021, 09:01:56 PM

ROFL  ;D ;D ;D ;D

I think your net might be too fine though - you might cope the boat when you go to pull it in.
i usse an speelchekor

Farrandeelin

What a 'performance'! What a disaster! What a shambles! What a disgrace!

Ole has to go.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

An Watcher

United under Solskjaer are a very serious proposition 

I really cannot believe this line.  Do some utd fans actually believe that solskjaer will win them the league or champions league? Are they deluded? They are a shambles

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Capt Pat on October 24, 2021, 11:13:58 PM
OGS is the baby faced assassin. He can not fail. What is Conte going to do for you? Things are much better than they were under Mourinho. Liverpool beat Watford 5-0 a week ago and Watford beat Everton 5-2 yesterday. This means United will score 5 in their next game.

Granted he won the CL, multiple titles in a great team but he's managed Utd 3 seasons without any trophies, you don't win a trophy for coming second or top four. If Utd keep him after that display and even the midweek display it shows that Utd board ain't bothered.

Chelsea City and Liverpool will have a gap of 25 points minimum to fourth spot