Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

There's nothing hypocritical about admitting you made a bad appointment. What is hypocritical is claiming to be motivated by the best interests of the fans yet persisting with a colossal vanity project. In that sense, Moyes isn't the problem, Ferguson is. But the solution still involves replacing Moyes.

brokencrossbar1

I can imagine it is hard to take,  particularly with talk that it OT is going to be renamed the 0 3 Arena!

NAG1

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 26, 2014, 09:47:15 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on March 26, 2014, 09:41:03 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 26, 2014, 09:31:42 AM
A good manager will get more out of the same group of players. Instead of looking at what is happening at Man United to analyze Moyes I would look at what is happening in Goodison Park this season.  Martinez is a clever manager who is getting more out of less than Moyes did for years.  Of course he has new players in but he also lost one of Moyes stars in Fellani.  They are playing with a freedom that wasn't there under Moyes.  Moyes is a tactical dinosaur and I think United fans need to see that.  I am happy he stays there for as long as they want him,  he spunked £65m on 1 donkey and 1 player who he doesn't know how to use.  He doesn't have the mentality to manage a large team and never will.

How many games did Giggs/ Scholes play last year?

It all honesty looking at it objectively or at least trying to, it is probably a combination of DM and the players to blame for the slide.

Whether you say DM cant get the best out of RVP or whether you say RVP is pissed off and didnt like Fergie retiring on him and has decided to protect himself for the WC we will never know.

The decision needs to be made and this is where David Gill is a massive loss, as to how, where and when to splash the cash.

Hold on now are you saying that Scholes and Giggs were the difference last year?  If that is the case then surely the money that was spent on Mata and Fellani should have arrested that problem,   it didn't and that is purely down to Moyes.  He is a mid table mentality manager,  similar to Hodgson when he was appointed at Liverpool,  and will do irrepearable damage to United if left there.  #MoyesIn

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on March 26, 2014, 09:45:05 AM
"In a comment that may further anger fans, Moyes stated that City are the side he wants his United team to emulate. "I think we've played a very good side and it's the sort of standard and level we need to try and aspire to get ourselves to at this moment in time," he said."

I saw that, can you imagine Fergie coming out with such shite.  Hodgson did the same typeof things a few times!

I'm not saying they made the difference, but that kind of quality in and around the squad not even just match days is invaluable.

I have always said and I'm not changing my mind now, that we give him the money to spend and back him with that and then see where we end up next season.

I am getting thoroughly f***** off with the media coverage surrounding this, what has United's form been like all season? Poor Below average and not threatening to the top 6 teams, so when Liverpool come to OT flying scoring goals playing well full of confidence and beat United, its an embarrassment!? Then when a City team come to OT again full of confidence and goals and win its a humiliation.

No its not its good teams beating a team in a run of bad form. It isn't easy to take as a United fan, but it is the reality of the situation. I could seriously have reached into the radio last night and choked Alan Greene for his more than smug summing up of the game.

brokencrossbar1

J OGorman

Carrick and Wazza are really the only 2 players starting for UTD last night you'd want to hold on to (Mata too I suppose). Always wanting to be on the ball to make things work. The twin right back, though he cant tackle, at least put in a shift. The rest are a waste of space. Evra for example spent half the night joking and chatting to the city players whilst failing to deliver a decent cross in 90+ minutes. Big money is spent by fans to go to see these games, the majority of the utd players are showing them zero respect with their performances.

If Utd had hit City with everything at the start of the 2nd half to continue their good spell at the end of the 1st half, City were there for the taking, but the bottom line is, most of the players didnt want it enough

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: EC Unique on March 26, 2014, 09:58:53 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 26, 2014, 09:55:01 AM
I can imagine it is hard to take,  particularly with talk that it OT is going to be renamed the 0 3 Arena!

First I heard of that!

Source?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

yellowcard

Quote from: EC Unique on March 26, 2014, 09:34:48 AM
Quote from: yellowcard on March 26, 2014, 09:21:05 AM
Quote from: deiseach on March 26, 2014, 09:06:46 AM
While I'm enjoying Man Utd's current woes - not so much last night, really could have done with them getting a result - I wouldn't sneer at fans who have 'had enough'. The problem here is entirely down to Moyes. Anyone could do better than he is doing. For Christ's  sake, Bayern replaced their all-conquering manager in the summer and got better. If a couple of players are swinging the lead, the problem is the players in question. If most of the players are swinging the lead, the problem is the manager. How much more evidence do the Man Utd board need that he isn't up to it? (I look forward to finding out)

Don't agree with that at all. If he is not up to the job (as he may well be) then questions need to be asked of those who appointed him and their judgement ie Alex Ferguson. Part of the reason that the fans in the stadium haven't turned more forcefully on Moyes is because it was Ferguson who appointed Moyes and told them to 'stand by their manager'. If it had been the Glazers that had appointed Moyes he would have been gone by Christmas. Therefore can you imagine the next manager appointed who in all likelihood WON'T have the backing of Ferguson and will be perceived to have been a GLAZER appointment. He will get a lot less leeway yet will still have a rotting squad with a multitude of deficiencies. God knows where this will end up as they have spent £65m already yet have got worse as the season has gone on. They need to spend big in the summer which if it isn't got right, could put the whole future of the club in jeopardy given the debt levels that already exist. 

They won the league by 11 points last year FFS!

I did not really expect Moyes to come in and win the league but the least Utd fans expect is a top 4 finish. You can say what you want about aging players etc but that squad should be good enough to make the top 4 when the likes of Arsenal and Liverpool are currently there.

Yes they won the league by 11 points but it was largely due to the aura of Ferguson and the way he controlled players, media, officials and the powers that be. I think even the most ardent of Man Utd fans would concede that the midfield was way below the standard required to compete at the top level. An Ageing Giggs and a retired Scholes only worsened this. Ferdinand, Vidic and Evra have been huge problems all season due to a combination of age and/or loss of desire.

Arsenal are in the top 4 but have had their own problems this season and are not much better than Man Utd in terms of player quality imo. Liverpool similarly are not that much better in terms of player quality (though they are better) but have got an improving (largely) young squad and have Luis Suarez who has propelled them up the table almost single handedly. I have my doubts over whether Moyes is capable of handling the pressure at Man Utd but he needs time to lick his wounds in the summer, try to re-evaluate and revamp the squad in the summer and then judge him at the end of next season. All I'm simply saying is that he was given an impossible job so for him to bear the brunt of the blame is misplaced imo.   

Carmen Stateside

laoislad

Theatre of Dreams(for away teams)
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

J OGorman

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on March 26, 2014, 09:59:38 AM

First I heard of that!

Source?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

0 3 , the best a man can get :-)

brokencrossbar1

First I heard of that!

Source?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Not quick enough it seems!!!!

Quote from: laoislad on March 26, 2014, 10:01:02 AM

Theatre of Dreams(for away teams)

Threeatre of Dreams was another name mooted!

laoislad

First I heard of that!

Source?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

quit yo jibbajabba

First I heard of that!

Source?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

beautiful. just beautiful. ec unique, the gift that keeps on giving :)

EC Unique

I need to rest my head :'( ;D