GAA WTF

Started by seafoid, January 30, 2023, 07:30:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HiMucker

Quote from: Snapchap on February 19, 2024, 01:43:32 PM
Quote from: HiMucker on February 19, 2024, 01:29:56 PM
Quote from: Snapchap on February 19, 2024, 01:18:22 PMPeople really do like to complain! I was curious to see how bad the gaa site is for getting results after reading the above. Here's how challenging it was:

I went to gaa.ie and clicked 'results and fixtures' and there they were. Listed by date. Literally one click brought me to exactly what I was looking for.

Thought maybe the issue could have been with the mobile version. Went to gaa.ie on the phone, tapped the menu icon at the top, tapped 'results and fixtures' and there they were. Listed by date. A total of two taps.

There's even a search bar. Typed in 'league' and got a drop down list of which division's results I was looking for.

Are yis expecting Larry McCarthy to personally call to your door and hand deliver a printed list of the day's results or soemthing?
Gone have a wee look at the div 3 football table for me on it, and let us know if you think thats up to scratch as well.

Clearly the Div 3 table is missing, but that's obviously a case that it (ridiculously of course) just hasn't been published to the site, rather than an issue with the actual website design. Were it published, it's safe to say that the design of the site would make it accessible along by following the same naviagtaional process as opens any of the other tables, which is a process that requires making a grand total of just three clicks.

And it's the site design (and specifically, finding match results) that people here seem to be complaining about.
People are not imagining it. Its crap. Its worked fine for whatever you were looking for today, but that's not always the case. For example on matchday its not always straight forward to see the fixtures for that day.

Snapchap

But what is the issue? All I can see here is people saying it's crap, but the only specific complaint so far is that its hard to navigate to find results - but if results can be navigated to in two cliks/taps, then what exactly is the problem with it exactly? Is it only an issue when looking for fixtures on a matchday, rather than finding results afterwards, as others here are suggesting?

Ah I dunno. I just think just people love to complain sometimes.

snoopdog

Score beo is a really good app. Very up to date with scores and tables.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 19, 2024, 12:03:12 PMTwitter gives you updates on scores all the time, its the only positive thing about twitter. In fact some provide videos of scores and a bitta craic with the comments

Like this bit of craic https://twitter.com/maguire_eoghan/status/1759268225387270188

JoG2

Humour wise, probably the one thing worse than English soccer bants

Armagh18

Quote from: Captain Obvious on February 19, 2024, 11:29:33 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 19, 2024, 12:03:12 PMTwitter gives you updates on scores all the time, its the only positive thing about twitter. In fact some provide videos of scores and a bitta craic with the comments

Like this bit of craic https://twitter.com/maguire_eoghan/status/1759268225387270188
🤣🤣🤣

Captain Scarlet

The IRFU went viral with the young kid singing Ireland's Call. Now they have the young Liverpool fan Daire in this week. They are really going after kids and they

I'll ask this as a WTF do the GAA social, comms and marketing actually do? Any campaign comes from the sponsor. There is no content on socials or YouTube for kids. They can tell you anything you want to know about Mbappe but they'd need a research PhD to chase up what a county player likes...

And the poxy thing is that these kids can run on the field after a game and actually meet their heroes.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.