Started by Truth hurts, January 04, 2023, 11:06:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 11, 2023, 11:35:44 PM
Quote from: whitey on August 11, 2023, 11:03:03 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 11, 2023, 10:25:42 PM
Quote from: whitey on August 11, 2023, 09:49:02 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 11, 2023, 09:36:58 PM
They said they wouldn't put an upper limit on it. Not that there is no upper limit. As I've said it will depend on circumstances such as the Ukrainian war where they believe the country should take in more.
Why are you still ignoring my question? I've asked twice already. Is the SF figure of 4-5k open border in your view.

They said they wouldn't put an upper limit on it

Yes-That's what they said.

Sinn Fein wouldn't put an upper limit on the number of refugees-that is their stated position on the matter

If there was an upper limit imposed by someone else-they would obviously object to it because as you said "They said they wouldn't put an upper limit on it"
We're obviously not going to reach a consensus on this. And you don't seem to want to answer my other question so I think we'd be as well parking it.
SF's recent manifesto (2020) has nothing about borders, open or otherwise. So even allowing for your interpretation, it was nearly 10 years ago. Nothing to make me think they support an open border policy.

So unless they have updated their position on refugees, wouldn't their prior position still stand?

No the 4-5,000 figure is not open borders, but the very next sentences makes quite clear they are opposed to placing a limit-so in essence the 4-5000 figure is irrelevant

More importantly though, would issuing a guide if 4-5000 not be blatantly "racist", if we use the definition being bandied about here

I don't believe it does mAke it irrelevant. It's quite clear to me where they believe the level should be. They've given a figure. But we're going round in circles.

I never called anyone racist.

Other people did, but not you.

You can actually discuss a topic without resorting g to insults

burdizzo

Quote from: Hound on August 14, 2023, 08:41:16 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 11, 2023, 01:19:33 PM
Why do you indulge this guy??

Absolutely. The racist moron should be put on ignore by everyone (given the mods are typically inept at allowing his racism and utter lies about polls etc)

Just put him on ignore and then everyone can have a sensible conversation. He's laughing at everyone who indulges his racism. The anti immigrant immigrant.  Pure white supremacist who should not be replied  to on any subject.

You're like children, unable to cope with what you don't want to hear. Wah, wah, wah. And bleating "racist" at every opportunity (as if that made ye somehow morally superior). Actually, I don't think he is "racist" (whatever that means, these days), and I didn't see any lies, either. However, trying to shut down opposing opinions is what ye lot are all about. Not so 'tolerant', after all, are we?!

Itchy

Quote from: burdizzo on August 15, 2023, 08:20:59 AM

Absolutely. The racist moron should be put on ignore by everyone (given the mods are typically inept at allowing his racism and utter lies about polls etc)

Just put him on ignore and then everyone can have a sensible conversation. He's laughing at everyone who indulges his racism. The anti immigrant immigrant.  Pure white supremacist who should not be replied  to on any subject.

You're like children, unable to cope with what you don't want to hear. Wah, wah, wah. And bleating "racist" at every opportunity (as if that made ye somehow morally superior). Actually, I don't think he is "racist" (whatever that means, these days), and I didn't see any lies, either. However, trying to shut down opposing opinions is what ye lot are all about. Not so 'tolerant', after all, are we?!

He is a racist and so are you.

burdizzo

Quote from: Itchy on August 15, 2023, 08:53:53 AM
Quote from: burdizzo on August 15, 2023, 08:20:59 AM

He is a racist and so are you.

Ah well, at least you've learned how to spell it. Good little boy!!

whitey

It's the oldest trick in the book

Shut down debate by accusing people of being racist if they disagree with you. Keep in mind 75-85 % of people polled on the matter, disagree with them.

In this case it's even more laughable because Albanians and Georgians are actually white

To top it off, Sinn Feins written policy actually states that there should be a cap of between 4-5000....following the "logic" on here.....they must be the biggest racists of the lot (of course Sinn Fein have an asterisk after that number which allows unlimited numbers of refugees, but talking out of both sides of their mouths isn't anything new to them)

Itchy

Quote from: whitey on August 15, 2023, 10:07:17 AM

Shut down debate by accusing people of being racist if they disagree with you. Keep in mind 75-85 % of people polled on the matter, disagree with them.

In this case it's even more laughable because Albanians and Georgians are actually white

To top it off, Sinn Feins written policy actually states that there should be a cap of between 4-5000....following the "logic" on here.....they must be the biggest racists of the lot (of course Sinn Fein have an asterisk after that number which allows unlimited numbers of refugees, but talking out of both sides of their mouths isn't anything new to them)

You're a racist and a parrot

whitey

Quote from: Itchy on August 15, 2023, 11:53:13 AM

Did you win any awards for your discovery of the 2 new races?

Itchy

Quote from: whitey on August 15, 2023, 01:08:33 PM

I did, I got 75% to 85% percent of the vote despite never having entered the competition

whitey

Quote from: Itchy on August 15, 2023, 01:32:32 PM
Quote from: whitey on August 15, 2023, 01:08:33 PM

I did, I got 75% to 85% percent of the vote despite never having entered the competition

I think they call that affirmative action

Deerstalker

Didn't Michael Martin reckon some Ukrainians are bypassing other countries to arrive in the south due to a more generous welfare system ?

Cavan19

Quote from: Deerstalker on October 27, 2023, 10:20:09 AMDidn't Michael Martin reckon some Ukrainians are bypassing other countries to arrive in the south due to a more generous welfare system ?

Ireland the land of 1000 welcomes.

Rudi

Simple question, why are Irelands benefits to refugees so high & not in line with other EU countries, all the while working class & middle class are struggling to pay for food & lodgings. Taking in so many refugees (many of them opportunists), when we cant accommodate ourselves is pure bollix. Hopefully FF/FG are finally beginning to see this & stop pandering to far left f*ckwits.