6 County Assembly Elections - 5th May 2022

Started by Snapchap, February 23, 2022, 10:18:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

square_ball

Michelle O'Neill was very prominent at the polling stations around the Coalisland area all day yesterday. She must be panicking about the couple of independents running in the area.

marty34

Quote from: square_ball on May 19, 2023, 08:37:17 AM
Michelle O'Neill was very prominent at the polling stations around the Coalisland area all day yesterday. She must be panicking about the couple of independents running in the area.

I'd say all politicians stayed close to their local stations yesterday.

Makes sense.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: marty34 on May 19, 2023, 08:46:39 AM
Quote from: square_ball on May 19, 2023, 08:37:17 AM

I'd say all politicians stayed close to their local stations yesterday.

Makes sense.

Was at my local polling station after work, unfortunately I'm in a Unionist dominated ward, the lads from the TUV and DUP wearing their rosette's would sicken your hole ;D

But, there is a neighbour and going to say loosely ten times removed 'friend' that is running for the UUP, in fairness to him he's a very local man who has just local issues to concern himself with but him and his wife were outside the station , normal clothes and no badges or colours, was refreshing to see..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

93-DY-SAM

Have been fighting with my conscious since I voted yesterday. Did something in 25+ years of voting which I never done before. Voted all the way down the ballot including the DUP as my second last preference and the TUV last. I feel dirty. Please tell me I wasn't wrong in what I did!!

CK_Redhand

Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on May 19, 2023, 09:47:34 AM
Have been fighting with my conscious since I voted yesterday. Did something in 25+ years of voting which I never done before. Voted all the way down the ballot including the DUP as my second last preference and the TUV last. I feel dirty. Please tell me I wasn't wrong in what I did!!
I think you were right to stay awake while voting

RedHand88

Not a result as such but a tally, talk of a second Alliance seat in Balmoral at the expense of the DUP.
Some really high turnout figures west of the Bann as usual, particularly Coalisland and Enniskillen. Low in traditionally Unionist areas.

NAG1

Quote from: RedHand88 on May 19, 2023, 10:13:49 AM
Not a result as such but a tally, talk of a second Alliance seat in Balmoral at the expense of the DUP.
Some really high turnout figures west of the Bann as usual, particularly Coalisland and Enniskillen. Low in traditionally Unionist areas.

The low turn out in these Traditional Unionist areas, won't affect the result which will roughly stay the same, different hues of the same sh*t.

However the low turn out will be a blow to the narrative that wee Jeff was trying to play too, a large strong confident unionist anti-protocol turn out.

Can the inference be taken from this that as suspected, regular people including Unionist PUL don't really care?

Truth hurts

Any good places to watch election coverage?

RedHand88

Nearly 6 out of 10 people in Antrim didn't feel motivated enough to vote #Unionistfury

Milltown Row2

Quote from: RedHand88 on May 19, 2023, 10:39:41 AM
Nearly 6 out of 10 people in Antrim didn't feel motivated enough to vote #Unionistfury

You'd have thought with the weather being great turn out would have been slightly better? Are people fed up?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

marty34

Quote from: Truth hurts on May 19, 2023, 10:32:21 AM

I think BBC journalists are on strike today because of job cuts etc.

Picked it for full maximum effect.

Fair play to them.

RedHand88

Torrent DEA (Coalisland, Clonoe, Ardboe - very Republican DEA, Michelle O Neills home DEA) was 65.6%, up 5.9% from last time.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: marty34 on May 19, 2023, 10:50:23 AM

Fair play to them.

Was wondering why radio Ulster had BBC 5 live on instead

Mourne Red

SF 3 seats in Erne West.. McGoldrick not getting in. Predictions in the count hall

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 19, 2023, 11:16:15 AM
Quote from: marty34 on May 19, 2023, 10:50:23 AM

Fair play to them.

Was wondering why radio Ulster had BBC 5 live on instead

Adam Smyth, the new BBC NI Director is hardly off to a flyer in his new role, not helped by his TUV candidate mum spouting anti-Irish guff the other day..