Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on May 07, 2022, 04:22:16 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 07, 2022, 03:10:01 PM
Quote from: seafoid on May 07, 2022, 03:06:59 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 07, 2022, 02:55:59 PM
Quote from: seafoid on May 07, 2022, 02:40:47 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 07, 2022, 10:24:07 AM
Yeah seafoid actually thought Newtownards was full of money! It's actually a shithole
So is most of Belfast. It's all relative

But it was your 'knowledge' I was knocking as you clearly hadn't a clue, which is telling tbh. So when you post about the north being a basket case I'll take it with a pinch of salt  ;)
It's based on a map. North Down is wealthier than Tyrone. Household disposable income is 18-20k vs 16-18k

It's not based on local knowledge. Which for you is pretty poor on that point.
You don't have to live somewhere to know something about it. If you did, you would never be able to comment on the all Ireland hurling championship.

I'm happy enough with my hurling CV, having managed a team that beat your best one year at Parnell  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

Allliance are doing very well - is it mostly at the expense of the DUP or is there more behind it ?

quit yo jibbajabba

Theyve taken from the other "middle ground" also eg Green Party.

Look at me pretending i know what im talking about 😃

Armagh18

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on May 07, 2022, 04:28:38 PM
Theyve taken from the other "middle ground" also eg Green Party.

Look at me pretending i know what im talking about 😃
Heard earlier that the Greens increased their vote but unfortunately for them it didn't translate into seats.

Itchy

Quote from: seafoid on May 07, 2022, 04:26:22 PM
Allliance are doing very well - is it mostly at the expense of the DUP or is there more behind it ?

Jesus lad, alliance are not taking  votes of the dup, it sdlp and uup they are taking votes for and a lot of nationalist transfers too

quit yo jibbajabba

Big correlation in the figures of DUPs fall and TUVs increase.
Look at me. Correlation eh 😎

Here, SF on 23 DUP on 22 surely the bassas dont sneak it in the end?

imtommygunn

Armagh18

Quote from: seafoid on May 07, 2022, 03:40:39 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on May 07, 2022, 02:51:59 PM
Quote from: seafoid on May 07, 2022, 02:09:46 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on May 07, 2022, 02:01:33 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on May 07, 2022, 10:36:20 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on May 07, 2022, 09:25:54 AM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on May 06, 2022, 09:31:17 PM
Not a great day TBH.

Further polarisation and we're constantly moving further away from a UI with any kind of super-majority consensus.

Things keep going as they are and the Shinners will try and ram a border poll in first chance they get - without much thought as to what happens if it did go through 51/49.

How do we know they aren't thinking of what happens after? 'Cos they sure as f**k aren't laying any ground work right now.

[Now, to be fair, the unionist parties can't face that future and are sticking their heads in the ground with respect to the inevitable. Which doesn't help, but Sinn Fein's building of an economic case for a UI - to the public BOTH sides of the border - is utterly non existent.]
Then there is a UI as laid out in the GFA...
Not unless we in the 26 vote for it too.
Takes 2 to have a wedding.

To save me the trouble of going through Constituencies - has anyone the total 1st Prefs for Nationalist (SF, SDLP, Aontú, PBP) and Unionist (DUP  UUP, TUV, Easton, Sugden)
Could you imagine people in the 26 campaigning against a United Ireland if it was there for the taking?
It isn't there for the taking. It has to be planned and it hasn't been
Read it again. I said "if". When push comes to shove I'd be confident that a huge majority in the 26 would be in favour

1. There is no way Boris Johnson is going to support a Border poll. Shinners need to get real
2. A UI will take decades to plan . There is no point in a half arsed approach that fails
Boris Johnson will do what makes money and makes life easier for Boris Johnson and his mates. He does not give one f**k about Ireland. And anyway its the SoS who would call a border poll. I agree that it needs done right,  is why the conversations need to happen now. Anyway the post I was replying to

Armagh18

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on May 07, 2022, 04:57:41 PM
Big correlation in the figures of DUPs fall and TUVs increase.
Look at me. Correlation eh 😎

Here, SF on 23 DUP on 22 surely the bassas dont sneak it in the end?
Can't see it.

weareros

Think DUP only have a path to 25 if they scrape that last seat in Foyle. Sinn Féin will be on 27. Close enough seat wise in the end.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: marty34 on May 07, 2022, 03:03:42 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on May 07, 2022, 02:47:04 PM
Quote from: Itchy on May 07, 2022, 11:06:06 AM
Here's a question one for ye, Alliance now more a nationalist based party than unionist?
i would say so yes.

Hard to know.

I'd say 'nationalists' are voting for Alliance, and giving them transfers in areas like Strangford, and nth. Antrim etc.

Nationalist parties should sort out a pact in Strangford, East Antrim and Lagan Valley etc. to get a nationalist elected.

Your actually a joker

JPGJOHNNYG

1 nationalist in Upper bann, that is ridiculous. Like I said earlier get away from the healine first minister nonsense (which we all know means f@ck all except to the likes of bryson?) this is a poor election for nationalism.

weareros

Looking like

37 Unionist
35 Nationalist
17 Alliance
1 PBP

SDLP would need to win that last Foyle seat for Nationalists to draw level. If DUP had not changed rules from largest designation to largest party, they would have retained First Minister.

red hander

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on May 07, 2022, 05:33:02 PM
1 nationalist in Upper bann, that is ridiculous. Like I said earlier get away from the healine first minister nonsense (which we all know means f@ck all except to the likes of bryson?) this is a poor election for nationalism.

?

pbat