AIF 2021 -- Maigh Eo vs Tír Eoghain

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, August 28, 2021, 06:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schkite

Said after the semi final that it would be the most Mayo thing ever for them to be the team to end Dublin's win streak, and then lose the final. When I saw how the other semi played out, I thought Mayo had a brilliant opportunity and that they should be winning it, but they were absolutely brutal on the day. Had plenty of chances but wasted loads of them. Tyrone the better team by a good bit and deserving winners.

Wildweasel74

Dublin would beat either team on that showing the day, they be bck on the scene nxt Yr. Tyrone played well enough to win but that's as poor a final since the Kerry hammering of Cork and Mayo in All-Ireland final in previous yrs.

whitey

Congratulations to Tyrone

The better team won

Hound

Poor oul Lee Keegan. Too many of his teammates had no composure. Despite the penalty miss and the loss of the two goals, the game was still there for them if they'd played well in the last 10 minutes + injury time. But they just didn't have it.

thewobbler

Fair play Tyrone. Two midfielders deserve extraordinary credit. Niall Morgan motm me. Dooher and Logan really kind of showed that Harte was last year m's man. Tyrone went man for man and trusted themselves. They were brilliant.

Main Street

Tyrone are not just the better team on the day, they are the best team this year and totally deserved.

imtommygunn

They have been fantastic tactically. Those managers have proved very very good.

RedHand88

thewobbler

And also, without any doubt whatsoever, Lee Keegan is the greatest player never to win an All Ireland. Might well be the greatest player ever. He's just extraordinary.

Rossfan

The far better team on the day won.
Rhu forwards were clueless in the second half.
Why was Aidan O Shea on the pitch ?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

pbat

Mayo got what they deserved, especially O Shea and Horan. When AOS done a Baywatch spread in the Sunday World and Horan letting it happen, you do these when you've a pocket full of medals. Them two men are all about themselves and not willing to make the sacrifices need to win Celt Crosses. Dave Hickey or Bernard Flynn a few years ago were not far wrong.

Captain Obvious

Well done to Tyrone much the better team and won by a bit spare. As for Mayo at least it wasn't one of those finals they left behind them but you knew their goose was cooked once they missed that penalty.

Baile an tuaigh

All i kept hearing was Tyrones mid field was their week link but they were outstanding along with Niall Morgan and many others. A fantastic team performance great skilful players.

screenexile

Quote from: thewobbler on September 11, 2021, 06:53:43 PM
And also, without any doubt whatsoever, Lee Keegan is the greatest player never to win an All Ireland. Might well be the greatest player ever. He's just extraordinary.

Was brilliant all day bound to be sick this evening!

Hound

Donegal lad behind Hampsey making a show of himself and his county 😆