9. Conor Loftus
10. Diarmuid O'Connor
11. Aidan O'Shea
12. Bryan Walsh
13. Kevin McLoughlin
14. Tommy Conroy
15. Ryan O'Donoghue

Yeah, right!  :P ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Blowitupref

Quote from: Jayop on September 10, 2021, 04:39:37 PM
No Oisin Mullin and Eoghan McLaughlin and as expected no Cillian O'Connor

Enda Hession, Bryan Walsh out and  Oisin Mullin and Eoghan McLaughlin in 5 minutes before throw in?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

LeoMc

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on September 10, 2021, 05:02:12 PM
And ours:

Our XV
Another new number 6, new sub keeper and 2 number 26's?

rosnarun

mayos is not the 15 Horan would have wanted but we just have to get on with it .
Mayo have no time or room for excuses so if the Ref scores 2-06 for tyrone and sends 3 nay players off we just have to accept it ,
and WIN
My humble prediction

Mayo 2:14 tyrone 1:10
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

CK_Redhand

Quote from: LeoMc on September 10, 2021, 05:18:15 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on September 10, 2021, 05:02:12 PM
And ours:

Our XV
Another new number 6, sub keeper not 16, and 2 number 26's?
Same team that started against kerry but half backs have new numbers?

Will it be conor shields or cormac munroe?  Tyrone masterplan to stump Horan :D

Shamrock Shore

At a GAA do a few years in the Burlo in Dublin ago my Dad was mistaken by a few Mayo lads as the flying Doctor from 1951. Pádraig Carney.

He went along with it for a few mins and then had to fess up that he was a mere Longford man in case they tried to hasten his demise due to auld curse.

(Most of this is true - it was the Cuala do that Joe Brolly neary cause a riot at)

That said, and no offense to my many Tyrone pals, I hope Mayo finally do it.
Jesus will weep if they don't.

greatpoint

Quote from: Fear ón Srath BánThe O'Neills were front and centre, hence why it's also known as Tyrone's Rebellion

Front and centre with the O'Donnells (as you've alluded to), along with other less powerful Gaelic leaders. My point remains, it was not simply the O'Neills' war to lose.

The term Tyrone's Rebellion has fallen out use in modern work on the topic, the Nine Years War is the preferred name. Jim O'Neill, whom Bogue quotes, explains this in his book on the conflict. O'Neill did not start the war and was largely forced into it out of circumstance.

QuoteMoot, I'd say, and it helps to contextualise in a modern setting.

It's absolutely incorrect and confounding to understanding the history. How does incorrectly using British instead of English help further contextualise it to a modern reader?

QuoteKinsale? Fair enough, though it centrally involved O'Neill & O'Donnell
Kinsale, and the Battle of the Curlew Pass as well.

QuoteNot really I'd say, she was at her wits' end with O'Neill, though held on just long enough to frustrate the Gaelic efforts. And to say that O'Neill was "fighting on the English side" is pushing it a bit, imho.

O'Neill petitioned Elizabeth to become the Lord President of Ulster and was fully supported by the English administration in the years before the war. He also fought alongside the English and defeated the Gaelic leader Hugh Maguire at the Battle of Belleek, even sustaining an injury fighting for the English cause.

QuoteReally, so where was?

Brian Óg O'Rourke of West Breifne (Leitrim) was the last Gaelic leader to submit to English rule.

QuotePerhaps a bit simplistic, yes, but O'Neill was pre-eminent.

O'Neill being pre-eminent or not has no bearing on the inaccuracy of the statement.

clarshack

Quote from: Blowitupref on September 10, 2021, 05:01:36 PM
Quote from: Jayop on September 10, 2021, 04:39:37 PM
No Oisin Mullin and Eoghan McLaughlin and as expected no Cillian O'Connor

Enda Hession, Bryan Walsh out and  Oisin Mullin and Eoghan McLaughlin in 5 minutes before throw in?

Yes

Jayop

Barry O'Donnell
@bod_uherald

Meath 96 winners the Jubilee team tomorrow- a team fondly remembered by all Tyrone and Mayo fans- be an interesting reaction at Croke Park

RedHand88

Quote from: Jayop on September 10, 2021, 07:26:45 PM
Barry O'Donnell
@bod_uherald

Meath 96 winners the Jubilee team tomorrow- a team fondly remembered by all Tyrone and Mayo fans- be an interesting reaction at Croke Park

Ha! I'm hoping it's because it's 25 years and not because the GAA are trolling Tyrone/Mayo.

larryin89

eoghan mcghloughin not in 26 per programme
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Armagh Girl

Good Luck to our neighbour's Tyrone, hopefully tomorrow they bring Sam back North again!!  It should be a great match and expect them to win by a few points.... :)

Muck Savage

Quote from: bennydorano on September 10, 2021, 02:23:50 PM
I haven't really been following this thread and no doubt most of the points have already been made but my 2 cents:- I think Mayo will win by 4 or 5 points, i've a Zen like feeling of calmness that I know the result, but there is of course no basis for it.

The aftermath of the Tyrone v Kerry match was a strange one for me, Tyrone were rightly lauded for masterminding a victory against raging hot favourites but then for the next few days there was some strange takes on it like Tyrone weren't been giving enough credit etc..I actually thought they were given way too much credit – Tyrone came out the right side of an incredibly tight game against a team generally thought to have underperformed and been extremely tactically naïve, Kerry missed an open goal, Conor McKenna's 2nd goal was so incredibly fortuitous, I just felt Tyrone got the rub of the green and by law of averages they wont be as lucky again.

I think Mayo bring an organised chaos that will trouble Tyrone, Tyrone are solid & formulaic and will be quite confident in their ability to shackle Mayo, but they'll have to shackle about 3 or 4 different types of Mayo by the end of the game and I think one of them will get through.  Ignore the passion, desire, drive and history - I just think Mayo are a better side with a better manager.

Or are Tyrone's name written on it this year? Donegal game could have been different with Murphy not being sent off. The Monaghan game was very tight, against Kerry there were two fortuitous goals, Mckennas 2nd as you say and McShane was right place right time the rebound could have gone anywhere.

If the game is tight with 10 mins to go I suspect Tyrone will win, they are use to tight finishes and I think Mayo will wobble with all the bad experiences of past. For Mayo to win they need to be 5-6 points up to be able to see it out.