Started by RedHand88, July 31, 2021, 05:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win?

Tyrone by 1-3
Tyrone by 4+
Kerry by 1-3
Kerry by 4+

Rossfan

Maybe Kerry complied with the GAA no training directive in the early months of the year?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

imtommygunn

Cobra

Quote from: Rossfan on August 30, 2021, 03:57:19 PM
Maybe Kerry complied with the GAA no training directive in the early months of the year?

You could still train individually. Either way it takes about 4 weeks to get an Inter County player fit. That work should've been done when Munster Championship restarted. You're only maintaining after that. The S&C coach got it badly badly wrong. They were getting rubbed midway through the 2nd half.

Lar Naparka

I was genuinely delighted that Tyrone stuffed the yerras.Nothing to do with the fact that Mayo will be facing them in the final.
But I was chuffed that PeterKeane got his comeuppance good and proper.
I thought his cack-handed sympathies to Tytrone after the slaughter in the last league game in Killarney was a classic example of sarcasm at its finest.
He complimented Tyrone, IIRC, by saying if you take out the goals, all six (five?) of them, there really wasn't much between the sides. (Or something like that!)
Then and now, the man is an arrogant bollix  and I was praying that Tyrone would wipe the smirk off his puss.
For me, September 11 is a different matter entirely as I'm Mayo and proud of it but Keane and Kerry fans in general need a good sickening once in  while.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

JoG2

Quote from: Cobra on August 30, 2021, 03:50:16 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on August 29, 2021, 10:12:52 PM
Am I the only one still struggling to get over the fact that a Kerry inter county player butchered a certain goal by walking into the square ahead of the ball arriving and then handling the ball on the ground to push it into an empty net in case the umpires missed the square ball. If a 12 year old did it in a game you would be tearing your hair out. In such a tight match it cost them the game.

O'Brien isn't the cleverest by the looks of it. He should enter the Olympics next time out. His diving antics would make ye sick.

If one player on a team diving makes you sick, how do you think other counties view Tyrone? Welping and the cocking the head back upon contact seems to be an art form perfected by quite a few

Dire Ear

JoG2

Quote from: Dire Ear on August 30, 2021, 04:11:03 PM
Bitterness weakens your soul.......

Zero bitterness pointing out the hypocrisy of a Tyrone man lambasting an opponent for diving, zero

yellowcard

Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 30, 2021, 04:02:58 PM
I was genuinely delighted that Tyrone stuffed the yerras.Nothing to do with the fact that Mayo will be facing them in the final.
But I was chuffed that PeterKeane got his comeuppance good and proper.
I thought his cack-handed sympathies to Tytrone after the slaughter in the last league game in Killarney was a classic example of sarcasm at its finest.
He complimented Tyrone, IIRC, by saying if you take out the goals, all six (five?) of them, there really wasn't much between the sides. (Or something like that!)
Then and now, the man is an arrogant bollix  and I was praying that Tyrone would wipe the smirk off his puss.
For me, September 11 is a different matter entirely as I'm Mayo and proud of it but Keane and Kerry fans in general need a good sickening once in  while.

I think that he actually believes that some people suck up that sort of guff. Its just disingenuous nonsense. Maybe Tyrone had the last laugh though as they went for pints before that match, had a morning gym session and then went for a park run on the morning of that meaningless match.

I'm not sure if it is arrogance but I can't take anything he says very seriously, he definitely doesn't do honesty anyway.   

Hound

Anyone hear Joe Duffy/liveline today?

I didn't but apparently some lad on giving out spades about paddypower. They refused to pay him for his big bet (€5,000 he was claiming to have "won" I believe) on Tyrone to win by 1-3 points!  ;D

(For those not familiar with betting, match betting and handicap betting for GAA, soccer and rugby is always just to normal time)

Jayop

Quote from: Hound on August 30, 2021, 04:33:57 PM

I didn't but apparently some lad on giving out spades about paddypower. They refused to pay him for his big bet (€5,000 he was claiming to have "won" I believe) on Tyrone to win by 1-3 points!  ;D

(For those not familiar with betting, match betting and handicap betting for GAA, soccer and rugby is always just to normal time)

I dunno did he put the bet on in the shop or online, but online it literally says "FYI - Applies to 70 mins only." at the top of every section.

Edit: They also have an option - To win the cup which would mean a win in extra time or pens also is covered but a score prediction like that is always 70mins like you said.

Look-Up!

Fair play to both teams, I thought it was a fantastic contest. Always felt Tyrone would need a few goals to be pushing and they got them. Kerry will be disappointed especially with the 3rd one which was really poor from their point of view. There'll be plenty of recriminations down there now I'm sure, but from a neutral POV I though they got plenty right in the game but lacked the little bit of luck you always need. Absolutely destroyed Tyrone on the kick outs and the missed goal was a huge turning point. Clifford going off was a blow but they rallied in the final ET period and nearly brought it to penalties. Tommy Walsh done the right thing at the end, there were too many Kerry forwards passing the buck and someone needed to take the bull by the horns. Probably the wrong man at the right time, kickable but contact with the ball was horrible, but again as I said they needed to get a score and no one was taking responsibility.

Fantastic effort by Tyrone, their players really put their bodies on the line. They made plenty of mistakes and struggled in some aspects but they really made hay with their turnovers and punished the Kerry forwards tendency to over run the ball. Put some beautiful moves together for their scores.

All in all it was terrific entertainment for the neutral and it really would have been a shame if COVID had robbed us of that. A bye to the final would have done Kerry no good either so they should be commended for their sporting and pragmatic decision to give the extra week. Was disappointed with Spillane's antics, doubt very much he represents the vast majority of Kerry people. It's been a difficult 18 months for everyone and not everything nowadays needs to have some giant conspiracy behind it. He should lay off bigging-up his nephew too and putting extra pressure on him. Looked like a lad with too much to prove when he came on and was guilty of over doing it and getting turned over too much. Confidence then took a rattle and he faded.

Nanderson

Quote from: Jayop on August 30, 2021, 04:48:07 PM
Quote from: Hound on August 30, 2021, 04:33:57 PM

I dunno did he put the bet on in the shop or online, but online it literally says "FYI - Applies to 70 mins only." at the top of every section.

Edit: They also have an option - To win the cup which would mean a win in extra time or pens also is covered but a score prediction like that is always 70mins like you said.
Thats just people putting on bets that don't understand the rules

Kickham csc

Quote from: JoG2 on August 30, 2021, 04:10:14 PM
Am I the only one still struggling to get over the fact that a Kerry inter county player butchered a certain goal by walking into the square ahead of the ball arriving and then handling the ball on the ground to push it into an empty net in case the umpires missed the square ball. If a 12 year old did it in a game you would be tearing your hair out. In such a tight match it cost them the game.

O'Brien isn't the cleverest by the looks of it. He should enter the Olympics next time out. His diving antics would make ye sick.

If one player on a team diving makes you sick, how do you think other counties view Tyrone? Welping and the cocking the head back upon contact seems to be an art form perfected by quite a few

You mean like Johnny McGurk in the 90's

JoG2

Quote from: Kickham csc on August 30, 2021, 04:59:38 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on August 30, 2021, 04:10:14 PM

You mean like Johnny McGurk in the 90's

Yeah, go back decade's to find our Johnny, most counties has a culprit. Tyrone has at least half a dozen elite head cockers.

seafoid

This must count as the most significant Tyrone win in a decade.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU