Premier League 2021-22

Started by Boycey, July 12, 2021, 09:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 22, 2022, 11:39:38 PM
Of the finals on next week, we can be fairly sure no opposing players will be half mugged by the opposition fans. Say something about the mentality of soccer supporters.

If it did happen it wouldn't be the first time it's happened in a GAA match either.

thewobbler

Quote from: snoopdog on May 22, 2022, 10:17:49 PM
City were the best team in the league.  They won't be stopped next season now they've bought a striker. Had Ronaldo or any top striker came in last Sumner the title would've been won by end of Feb.

Maybe. Maybe not.

Guardiola's greatest attribute as a manager is that he has the presence/charisma to coerce maximum effort out of a squad of multi millionaires.

But every squad goes stale after a few years, and we don't yet know if he has the ability to manage transition. City don't look like they're about to transition just yet, but it's got to be close.

And while Haaland should be a success- there's no reason to think otherwise - you do have to ponder whether it's more beneficial for City to adjust towards a single focal point for goals, or whether said focal point should change up his game to suit a style of football that blows away 90% of opponents by half time. I'd we've learned one thing from Lukaku/Chelsea this season it's that the addition of a world class goal scorer, isn't always the best thing for a team.

thewobbler

Quote from: RedHand88 on May 22, 2022, 11:34:57 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on May 22, 2022, 06:49:42 PM
Best side won the league title but they sure made hard work of it last week v West Ham and again today v Villa. Could see in both games as to why they continue to slip up in the Champions league.

30 seasons of the Premier league done and dusted now. Would be unthinkable that City would win that many league titles 15 years ago. Poor return for Liverpool with their history and tradition to be tied with Blackburn, Leicester.

Man United 13
Man City 6
Chelsea 5
Arsenal 3
Blackburn 1
Leicester 1
Liverpool 1

No harm to see Burnley relegated after sacking Sean Dyche who made them into the competitive Premier league side that few liked to play.  Conte leads Spurs to 4th but it's worth noting he has a very poor Champions league record as manager so i won't be surprised if they drop to the Europa league along with Arsenal and United.

Blackburn do not have a Premier League, they have a FA Carling Premiership. Pretty sure you can take off a few of those United ones whilst you're at it. They have a mixture of FA Premier Leagues and Carling Premierships, but no Premier Leagues as it is in its current format.

That's one of the strangest takes I've ever read on the internet.

manfromdelmonte

Best side won the league title but they sure made hard work of it last week v West Ham and again today v Villa. Could see in both games as to why they continue to slip up in the Champions league.

30 seasons of the Premier league done and dusted now. Would be unthinkable that City would win that many league titles 15 years ago. Poor return for Liverpool with their history and tradition to be tied with Blackburn, Leicester.

Man United 13
Man City 6
Chelsea 5
Arsenal 3
Blackburn 1
Leicester 1
Liverpool 1

No harm to see Burnley relegated after sacking Sean Dyche who made them into the competitive Premier league side that few liked to play.  Conte leads Spurs to 4th but it's worth noting he has a very poor Champions league record as manager so i won't be surprised if they drop to the Europa league along with Arsenal and United.

Blackburn do not have a Premier League, they have a FA Carling Premiership. Pretty sure you can take off a few of those United ones whilst you're at it. They have a mixture of FA Premier Leagues and Carling Premierships, but no Premier Leagues as it is in its current format.
Now that, is delusion

Cunny Funt

Quote from: thewobbler on May 22, 2022, 11:44:50 PM

Same here, enough said.

SHEEDY

Man United 13
Man City 6
Chelsea 5
Arsenal 3
Blackburn 1
Leicester 1
Liverpool 1

there we have it, post of the day.....🙄
nil satis nisi optimum

Captain Obvious

Of the finals on next week, we can be fairly sure no opposing players will be half mugged by the opposition fans. Say something about the mentality of soccer supporters.

It does, loads of scumbags following those clubs in England.  The Ulster and Connacht finals will have fans entering the field next weekend to celebrate and nothing else. After routine victories Kerry and Dublin supporters will likely head home at the final whistle.

JoG2

Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 23, 2022, 12:07:34 AM

It does, loads of scumbags following those clubs in England.  The Ulster and Connacht finals will have fans entering the field next weekend to celebrate and nothing else. After routine victories Kerry and Dublin supporters will likely head home at the final whistle.

Who's to lose though , that's what we need to know!?

Main Street

What happened to Arsenal? I thought 4th place was nailed on for them and now I see that they somehow collapsed/bottled it and allowed Tottenham to overhaul them for the lucrative CL spot.
Spurs go marching on.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: JoG2 on May 23, 2022, 12:09:57 AM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 23, 2022, 12:07:34 AM

Who's to lose though , that's what we need to know!?

Has to be Derry, Rory Gallagher is spitting on his hands as we speak in anticipation of lifting the Anglo Celt Cup.

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: Main Street on May 23, 2022, 12:24:29 AM
What happened to Arsenal? I thought 4th place was nailed on for them and now I see that they somehow collapsed/bottled it and allowed Tottenham to overhaul them for the lucrative CL spot.
Spurs go marching on.

Arsenal totally Spursed it.

yellowcard

Quote from: Cunny Funt on May 22, 2022, 09:33:12 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on May 22, 2022, 09:13:09 PM
Could be deflating for them heading into the CL final next week and with a few injuries against a much fresher Real side I think they could find it difficult to win in Paris. Madrid just don't lose CL finals.

About as deflating as season 2018/19 when they also lost the league title to City by 1 point and then went on to win the champions league.

The last European Cup Liverpool v Real Madrid final played in Paris was won by Liverpool. Real Madrid are only in this final because of a right c**k up by Man City i doubt Klopp will over think things like Pep.

The last time they played in the final it was against Spurs...just about the ideal opponent in a final, they're not exactly comparable to a Real Madrid, Barca or Munich.

Plus I don't see any relevance a match played 41 years ago has to this years final.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: thewobbler on May 22, 2022, 11:44:50 PM

Man United 13
Man City 6
Chelsea 5
Arsenal 3
Blackburn 1
Leicester 1
Liverpool 1

Not really. Liverpool fans suit things to their own agenda don't you know. Anyways, Manchester United have the most cumulative* league titles, and have for 9 years now. Despite LFC's winning ways since Klopp took over and Utd's shittieness in that period.

*cumulative = old Division 1 and various PL/Premiership titles for people who don't know.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Mourne Red

Man United 13
Man City 6
Chelsea 5
Arsenal 3
Blackburn 1
Leicester 1
Liverpool 1

Someone needs to check your hard drive coming out with nonsense like that

GiveItToTheShooters

Man United 13
Man City 6
Chelsea 5
Arsenal 3
Blackburn 1
Leicester 1
Liverpool 1

Absolutely spot on. If Mancs want to play the "only one PL" card, then this is the response. Little do they know, that we have one "PL" and they don't have any haha