Quote from: J70 on November 02, 2021, 02:30:02 PM
Quote from: thebigfella on November 02, 2021, 01:29:39 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 02, 2021, 01:24:52 PM
Quote from: thebigfella on November 02, 2021, 01:23:38 PM
Jose was a proven winner.

Jose was obsolete.

And a demolition man.

A proven winner though....

And if that was the only qualification, he'd still be relevant at the top level.

I think Tottenham was the only club Mourinho didn't win a trophy for and levy decided to sack him a few days before the league Cup final.

lurganblue

Quote from: J70 on November 02, 2021, 01:07:45 PM
I'd be excited if I was a Spurs fan.

A bit like we Liverpool fans were when Klopp was appointed.

Proven winner. Decent football. Excellent coaching.

United should have gone for him.

Not sure if i would be, as the structure of the club hasnt changed.  If the right investment materialised then maybe...

thebigfella

Jose was obsolete.

And a demolition man.

And if that was the only qualification, he'd still be relevant at the top level.

If Conte doesn't win with spurs, does that mean he's not relevant?

Also as he's going to Spurs, does that automatically indicate he is no longer seen as top level? Especially as the Barca job is there.

bigarsedkeeper

Quote from: thebigfella on November 02, 2021, 03:43:01 PM

Jose was obsolete.

And a demolition man.

Also as he's going to Spurs, does that automatically indicate he is no longer seen as top level? Especially as the Barca job is there.

I would still see him as a top level manager. Problem is only English teams can afford him. He was too dear for Barca and United's board were afraid of him rocking the boat too much. He hadn't that options available to him. I'm not convinced it'll be a success at Spurs but he'll improve things.

rodney trotter

Barcelona don't have big money to throw around anymore, signing Luke De Jong when Messi left an example

J70

Quote from: thebigfella on November 02, 2021, 03:43:01 PM

Jose was obsolete.

And a demolition man.

What's your point? If you think Conte is over-rated or not a top manager or is on a par with Mourinho, go ahead and argue that.

Barca are in a mess and not currently an attractive proposition for any top level manager as they can't afford to compete for top players, either in terms of transfer fees or wages.

None of the other top level jobs in football are currently vacant, with only, arguably, United coming up in the short term, and they seem to be content with Solksjaer for now.

Conte's short term job at Spurs will be to get them challenging for top four. Challenging for a league or champions league with them is as far off for them as it was when Klopp took over Liverpool.

But he did recently take a limited Inter squad to Serie A champions, whereas Mourinho hasn't exactly challenged for a title since before the Chelsea job imploded on him once again in 2015. And that's despite getting another elite club job right after that and being in steady work most of the time since.

thebigfella

Quote from: rodney trotter on November 02, 2021, 03:56:26 PM
Barcelona don't have big money to throw around anymore, signing Luke De Jong when Messi left an example

Yeah so what's the motivation, staying relevant and winning trophies which he would have a better chance at Barca? or cold hard cash?

Main Street

Of course multi millionaire Conte's managerial talent would demand a high salary, but he's also highly ambitious, a manager who could step into Man U/Liverpool/Man City and sensible fans would be awash with optimism. So why Spurs?  He hasn't really committed himself with 18 months. I don't think he trusts them yet. He's going to improve the Spurs team performance and If Spurs don't provide the support he requires he'll leave. If Spurs do support him and he's making good progress, they would be mad not to renew his contract.

Captain Obvious

Daniel Farke sacked by Norwich after they got a good away win against Brentford.

Armamike

Quote from: Captain Obvious on November 06, 2021, 07:52:42 PM
Daniel Farke sacked by Norwich after they got a good away win against Brentford.

He went out on a high.
That's just, like your opinion man.

SHEEDY

Quote from: Captain Obvious on November 06, 2021, 07:52:42 PM
apparently they're set to appoint Chris wilder, is he a step up from Daniel farke?
nil satis nisi optimum

imtommygunn

I am not sure he is but they need to do something.

laoislad

Won't be Chris Wilder anyways as he has gone to Middlesbrough.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

Handy one for Liverpool, going with a 2-1 win, Mane anytime scorer.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea