The Future for Laois Football

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, July 05, 2021, 12:26:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallyroanAbu

Brutal appointment,  and the slide continues.  Wanting the Job is not a qualification for the Job. 

Zooming around

Quote from: clonadmad on October 06, 2021, 05:26:44 PM
The successful counties promote from within and would never even consider bringing in an outsider

Secondly their managers don't get parachuted into the big job

They have a body of coaching work often done from u14 upwards and it's a progression,be successful at 14,get moved up to 15 and so on.

There's a mentors pathway in place in these counties with ex players heavily involved.

I know of a man who was asked to take a u14 divisional team here,in the past month

He went away and came back with a proposal

They were going to train as a club team twice a week,central to the clubs location so they wouldn't be trucking in and out from the CoE

Had a 6 man back room team assembled to include 3 coaches,an athletic development person a physio and a stats video person

He was in the process of getting gear for them as he has access to funds and was looking to feed them afterwards so that they could get home to study etc after training.

Everything he suggested was shot down

One by one

He didn't have a son on this particular team,he was doing it to improve standards as that's his approach in his professional life.

Do you know why this was shot down?

My guess is that one region couldn't have it if all regions couldn't have it.

town1980

i said it a few weeks back he was in for it it will be great to hear the reviews choice and the people that were interviewed for it ,i will reserve judgement myself until i see the commitment given to him from the players ,from what i hear my own club players that were with the county  are not happy not that they are setting the world alight either,best of luck billy

vetoldthe

I read a few articles billy whote for the papers and
he come across as a good student of the game
he's young and enthusiastic so lets see where he
bring us, wishing him well
god he will need it.

Spiritof86

He's definitely the best choice out of the interested parties. Knows the club scene inside out and might ruffle a few feathers and more  . As someone said earlier we have bigger issues at stake presently . 
Interesting to see his back room staff . Best of luck to him .

BallyroanAbu

He won't bring us anywhere but it doesn't matter as they continue to dig.  How would he know the club scene ?  His already been involved in two disasters Cork & Offaly third time a charm.  Ross might never retire with this lark

Laois man

Best of luck to Billy I don't know much about him apart from seeing him play for Laois where he was very committed. A lot of people on this page know feck all about him either but still run him down. Are we not sick of the journey men who get there big money for there time and have no long term interest in laois what so ever only what they can get out of it

Spiritof86

I'm just saying regarding the club scene I've seen him at numerous games league and championship this year and also prior to Covid .
I would think his time coaching with Cork was definitely a learning curve .
Listen the problem is not Billy Sheehan coaching the Laois senior football team . It's a lot deeper than that as everyone is aware. Let's see what happens and give the man a chance . Not many Laois men put there hand up seemingly and he's a better and more progressive  option than likes of Flanagan and Evans .
Munnelly been touted as one of coaches apparently

BallyroanAbu

I think Billy would fit the description of the word journey man as what else is he a player with multiple clubs & counties.  He has also coached in multiple counties with little or no success.  Last I seen him was roaring up towards O Moore Park for some Kerry Club.  Wonder what his Laois Club thinks of this seeing as they didn't nominate him.

Is he doing it for free ?

Laois man

Who was the last manager to do anything for free?

Spiritof86

I believe he's been impertinent Laois Man 😁

town1980

If Ross is still involved I think Billy's tenure is gonna be short he has to cut all ties and start from scratch,,this is not a local appointment he has not been in Laois for years again I hope we get an explanation from the committee that picked him and who went for the job as transparency is needed or else unfortunately it could be one year and gone ,, it hasn't been a welcoming one so it's an uphill battle for him if he doesn't connect in that dressing room straight away I feel it could be awful but that's not for now

BallyroanAbu

The Boy Wonder

It seems the Skies o'er Ballyroan are falling down after this news  :-\

High Fielder

It's a good test for Sheehan. He was a fairly divisive individual as a player, so it will be interesting to see how he brings it all together. Good luck to him. We all hope he's a roaring success because let's face it, we rarely have much to get excited about. He certainly won't lack for commitment because he never did; just the type of person he is.