The Future for Laois Football

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, July 05, 2021, 12:26:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laois man

Any update on our new senior fball manager yet?

Spiritof86

Heard Billy Sheehan's name mentioned . Not sure how true it is .

portlaoisekid

Quote from: Spiritof86 on September 28, 2021, 10:42:01 AM
Heard Billy Sheehan's name mentioned . Not sure how true it is .
I've heard his name doing the rounds too ,varying reports around but one that Chris Conway will be manager and Billy coach seems to be popular....now how true it is I genuinely dont know.

redsetanta

Sure Chris is still kicking ball with Arles.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Spiritof86

Quote from: redsetanta on September 29, 2021, 04:27:57 PM
Sure Chris is still kicking ball with Arles.

Don't think the fact he's playing junior with Arles this year is relevant to him not been involved with the Laois set up next year .

Robbo

Good win for Graigue in the minor football.
Think they'll pull a few seniors from that crop in time.
Don't like to mention individuals when talking about youths.
A nice mix of size and skill; plenty of power and kicked a few nice points.

Silkyskillssunshinee

Graigue have a solid Senior team but can lack a few real scoring forwards IMO in the big matches. Feel like there were a few lads on the pitch who could contribute immediately from that perspective next year. Also the goalkeeper was excellent, made some super saves in the first half.

The Lowry lad in midfield looked like the best player on the Na Fianna Og side, few lovely scores and looks a powerful figure for his age.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Quote from: Robbo on September 29, 2021, 10:43:32 PM
Good win for Graigue in the minor football.
Think they'll pull a few seniors from that crop in time.
Don't like to mention individuals when talking about youths.
A nice mix of size and skill; plenty of power and kicked a few nice points.

Great win for Graiguecullen, here's a preview and a report on the game from Laois Today:

https://www.laoistoday.ie/2021/09/29/previewing-tonights-minor-a-football-final-which-is-an-all-south-laois-affair/
https://www.laoistoday.ie/2021/09/29/powerful-second-half-powers-graiguecullen-to-latest-minor-football-success/
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

town1980

i dont think billly or chris are going to get any of our supporters excited if there is no viable option inside the county i think we may look outside again

Spiritof86

Davy Burke perhaps if he doesn't get Kildare job . Tom Cribben looks favourite for that .

Gmac

Don't live in Laois anymore but when I go home the biggest problem I see is apathy, not many people care , Dublin have ruined Leinster football for most other counties and there is a hopelessness that we have no chance of competing with them in the same competition and even if we make a Leinster final it's a great display to keep the beating under 10 points .
Also we've been in the all Ireland competition for 140years and haven't won it so unfortunately the chances of winning it today in a way more professional era is pretty much zero.
The weaker countries need the format to change or football will be finished in 20 counties soon .
Is there any charismatic character in the county who can drum up some enthusiasm in the county like Duignan has done in Offaly?

Chrimtain

Quote from: Gmac on September 30, 2021, 07:26:32 PM
Don’t live in Laois anymore but when I go home the biggest problem I see is apathy, not many people care , Dublin have ruined Leinster football for most other counties and there is a hopelessness that we have no chance of competing with them in the same competition and even if we make a Leinster final it’s a great display to keep the beating under 10 points .
Also we’ve been in the all Ireland competition for 140years and haven’t won it so unfortunately the chances of winning it today in a way more professional era is pretty much zero.
The weaker countries need the format to change or football will be finished in 20 counties soon .
Is there any charismatic character in the county who can drum up some enthusiasm in the county like Duignan has done in Offaly?

There are counties who have overcome the hopelesness and are moving on - Kildare, Meath and Offaly.

Smellyball

I don't have the time unfortunately 😂

Spiritof86

Quote from: Smellyball on October 01, 2021, 10:19:40 AM

I'm pretty sure there is someone in Laois with similar attributes .

Butch Cassidy

Glen Ryan appointed Kildare manager. Could we see Davy Burke taking over Laois? Rated highly by all accounts.

Any word on a minor manager? Love to see Chris Conway get that if he was interested, a very important role. We need to bring through competitive underage teams full of athletic skillful players