Aidan O'Mahony hits back at critics of his steroid use

Started by greatpoint, December 29, 2021, 06:44:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

As a fellow asthmatic back in those days when the GAA introduced their drugs protocol or whatever they called it back then, I remember sitting down with the team physio and filling it out must have been mid 00's IIRC. I mentioned the Salbutomol/Ventolin to him and he said not to bother as it wasn't performance enhancing and information was scarce enough back then on what was allowed and what wasn't.  I distinctly remember him telling the panel not to be using creatine as he personally thought it was shít and also they couldn't be sure what else was in it.

A puff of the inhaler before a training or game was normal enough back then and if the chest was a bit tight leading up to a game you'd have a few puffs in the morning or afternoon before getting stripped similar to what Aidan did only to get his name splattered all over the papers at the time..

Remember Marcus Horan getting in similar bother for the same thing...

restorepride

Quote from: johnnycool on January 04, 2022, 03:03:16 PM
As a fellow asthmatic back in those days when the GAA introduced their drugs protocol or whatever they called it back then, I remember sitting down with the team physio and filling it out must have been mid 00's IIRC. I mentioned the Salbutomol/Ventolin to him and he said not to bother as it wasn't performance enhancing and information was scarce enough back then on what was allowed and what wasn't.  I distinctly remember him telling the panel not to be using creatine as he personally thought it was shít and also they couldn't be sure what else was in it.

A puff of the inhaler before a training or game was normal enough back then and if the chest was a bit tight leading up to a game you'd have a few puffs in the morning or afternoon before getting stripped similar to what Aidan did only to get his name splattered all over the papers at the time..

Was it steroids that caused him to go down so dramatically v Donncha O'Connor?!

Wildweasel74

johnnycool

Quote from: restorepride on January 07, 2022, 11:05:20 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on January 04, 2022, 03:03:16 PM

Was it steroids that caused him to go down so dramatically v Donncha O'Connor?!

WTF has that got to do with being splashed all over the Irish press as a drugs cheat?