Ulster Championship 2021

Started by J70, June 21, 2021, 12:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: trueblue1234 on July 18, 2021, 02:01:02 PM
Quote from: J70 on July 18, 2021, 01:55:22 PM
There'd be some crying from certain Tyrone boys if it was the other way around.

That's a disguised cry there J70!!  ;)

Nah.

I'm fairly philosophical about referees. They get one look in real time. They've a tough job.

I'm far more annoyed by eejits who think every referee has it in for their team.

red hander

Have to agree. A very McGee-like tackle

clarshack

That's never a penalty ffs. There were men covering.
Justice done with the miss.

Schkite

Jesus Christ some bad few minutes for Murphy

straightred

Quote from: clarshack on July 18, 2021, 02:18:54 PM
That's never a penalty ffs. There were men covering.
Justice done with the miss.

And then he doesn't give an obvious free in a few minutes later

imtommygunn

laceer

Dangerous kick from Murphy there. Have a lot of respect for him but he had to go.

joemamas

How annoying is Ger Canning
He is over commentating
Please shut up
Not to mention his usual
Big this
Booming this
Huge this
Oh dear

tonto1888

Quote from: laceer on July 18, 2021, 02:27:32 PM
Dangerous kick from Murphy there. Have a lot of respect for him but he had to go.

agree. But a second yellow, not a black

J70

Quote from: tonto1888 on July 18, 2021, 02:29:38 PM
Quote from: laceer on July 18, 2021, 02:27:32 PM

agree. But a second yellow, not a black

End result is the same. Down to 14, no Murphy for rest of the game.

Donegal are up against it. They can't get McBrearty into it, little from Brennan either. We are completely reliant on long range shooting, whereas Tyrone are able to work it in for easier scores.

If we pull this off, it will be our most impressive win in years.

Right now I'd say Tyrone by six. It will open up as the game goes and they'll get in for a goal.

Schkite

McQuillan has been poor. It wasn't a penalty, and he seemed to be overly harsh on Donegal following that in an attempt to even it up. Murphy going off on those 2 challenges is very unlucky as I don't think there was malice in either, but by the letter of the law it's fair enough.

Have to imagine Tyrone will go on and win now. I think Donegal are generally the better footballing side and have better scorers, but it's going to be awful tough now with a man down in that heat for a full half. And Murphy no less.

joemamas

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 18, 2021, 02:26:17 PM
McKernan waving for a card >:(

Saw that at half time analysis.
Hate that crap.

Jim Bob

Quote from: joemamas on July 18, 2021, 02:28:17 PM
How annoying is Ger Canning
He is over commentating
Please shut up
Not to mention his usual
Big this
Booming this
Huge this
Oh dear

Why suffer? Switch to Bbc2

Blowitupref

Hard to see anything but a Tyrone win now. Donegal will thinking what if that penalty was scored to put them ahead 1-7 to 0-5
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Milltown Row2

Listening to this on the radio, too nice a day to sit in doors. All the commentators said it was a clumsy 'kick' more accidental than deliberate, I'll look at it later. Murphy not fully fit so they are those type tackles from unfit lads pre season.

If Tyrone continue to play with all their players in defence it's still a 50/50 game.

Tyrones bench will win it though, I expect Donegal to draw fouls and look to even up the numbers

Oh and we'll done Derry, all Ireland minor winners
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea