Ulster Championship 2021

Started by J70, June 21, 2021, 12:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 11, 2021, 05:54:57 PM
Lucky lucky Donegal the relief on the the faces of the players and management said it all.

Not taking a shot on with the last attack will get mentioned plenty however Derry should have closed that game out and the non award of that penalty first half a big talking point now.

Think you're being harsh on the ref on the penalty shout.

They were literally split-second offenses by McMenamin. Its not as if the ref overlooked him having a hold of the Derry forward around the neck or hanging off his shirt.

Its very easy to see things in close-up, slow-motion replays.

JoG2

Serious improvement under Gallagher. Left it all out on the pitch, out of steam at the end. Fair dues to Rory, management and the whole squad, great base to build upon for next year. Hard to believe the AI Final is in 8 weeks!

PS: some magnificent scores from both teams today

clarshack

Donegal extremely fortunate and we all know they will raise their game against Tyrone so they will be like a different team next day out.

tyrone08

What are Donegal fans thoughts on bonner as a manager? Lucky today and heavily reliant on murphy. Donegal have been promising to break through for the last 3-4 years or so but have failed so far. No doubt they will beat tyrone but that seems to be there level so far. Is bonner the man to take use to the next level, what are Donegal thoughts?

skeog

Tyrone will relish next week be nothing in it.

imtommygunn

Tyrone Donegal is the toss of a coin.

LeoMc

Quote from: Estimator on July 11, 2021, 04:53:16 PM
Waiting for McConville, McHugh and Harte to start windmilling on the BBC coverage. Plenty of disagreement and McHugh not happy about some Donegal lads not being county standard.
Sharp enough from McHugh, I wonder who it was directed at?

Wildweasel74

1 bug bear from today game, are Children allowed in for free or do they have to use one of the ticket allocations. For supporters who went to Dublin and most away games before lockdown, tickets given to children who not remember game in yrs to come, and supporters who driven the country following the county team can't get one annoys me abit.

JoG2

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 11, 2021, 09:15:18 PM
1 bug bear from today game, are Children allowed in for free or do they have to use one of the ticket allocations. For supporters who went to Dublin and most away games before lockdown, tickets given to children who not remember game in yrs to come, and supporters who driven the country following the county team can't get one annoys me abit.

Ah man, really?? Children are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way.

J70

Moderator messaged me thread was locked. I unlocked it. Apologies if it was my fat fingers that did it on my phone.

Wasn't even aware I could lock a thread or how to do so before this.

Will it ever end

Quote from: BennyCake on July 11, 2021, 06:01:28 PM
Would be interesting to know how many times Rory Gallagher spits into his hands during a match.

Every time he does it, I think he's going to grab a shovel.

You need to get out more if you think that would be interesting to know 🙈

JoG2

Quote from: J70 on July 11, 2021, 09:52:33 PM
Moderator messaged me thread was locked. I unlocked it. Apologies if it was my fat fingers that did it on my phone.

I just thought you weren't a Whitney fan!

J70

Quote from: JoG2 on July 11, 2021, 10:09:16 PM
Quote from: J70 on July 11, 2021, 09:52:33 PM

I just thought you weren't a Whitney fan!

:D

Will it ever end

I thought tickets were allocated 2 per club & were raffled amongst members who wished to attend, therefore if a child attended they'd be taking up one of the allocated tickets at the entry price of £20.  With only 500 allocated how would you propose to accommodate everyone?

JoG2

Quote from: Will it ever end on July 11, 2021, 10:25:41 PM

I thought tickets were allocated 2 per club & were raffled amongst members who wished to attend, therefore if a child attended they'd be taking up one of the allocated tickets at the entry price of £20.  With only 500 allocated how would you propose to accommodate everyone?

A bigger bugbear of mine would be the thousands who, even hundreds who stayed away when Derry football needed them the most ie dropping to Div 3 and Div 4. I wouldn't be overly concerned at a few wains at a championship match during Covid times