Started by Maroon Manc, January 26, 2021, 03:41:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigarsedkeeper

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 08, 2021, 03:41:21 PM
Quote from: Hound on September 08, 2021, 03:16:30 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 08, 2021, 01:22:02 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 08, 2021, 01:00:13 PM
Quote from: Last Man on September 08, 2021, 12:50:28 PM
Might just have a coffee with double cream/ couple of eggs with butter and salt or Natural yogurt with a few berries but more often than not I don't bother with anything till lunch at 12.30. Carbs really do drive the hunger! I go to the gym at 6.30 with nothing more than a pint of water in me. No issues at all.

Doent sound the healthiest.

Double cream and salt?

That's the bit that i'm struggling with, full fat milk and cream and butter in most dinner dishes we've had this week, that said, body wise I feel great for it.
What do you have with dinner, instead of spuds or rice or pasta. I would have one of those with every single dinner (unless having pizza or fajitas, which would be worse again presumably!)?

courgettes sliced make a great pasta base for lasagne, and either broccoli or cauliflower 'rice'.. you can't beat a good spud, but she made some cheesey chips the other day, not sure veg it was made from but it wasn't a carb
The cougetti spaggetti is a good one. Brocolli and cauliflower mashed up with plenty of butter was a decent mash substitute too. You'll have to find out what the chips were, sounds good.

armaghniac

They have a product in Aldi, frozen Parsnip batons. You roast these (handy if something else is the oven), you could almost eat them as chips.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Tony Baloney

The father in law is a 72 year old farmer and he has some great advice - eat less, eat less crap, exercise more. No gyms, books or apps required for him. I have ignored all of that advice obviously.

J70

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 08, 2021, 06:55:56 PM
The father in law is a 72 year old farmer and he has some great advice - eat less, eat less crap, exercise more. No gyms, books or apps required for him. I have ignored all of that advice obviously.

It's easy when you're a farmer, exercising every muscle in your body most days.

I grew up on a farm and didn't have a pick on me until my late 20s, around about the time the auld packed in the farming. Things went downhill after that! :)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bigarsedkeeper on September 08, 2021, 04:53:04 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 08, 2021, 03:41:21 PM
Quote from: Hound on September 08, 2021, 03:16:30 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 08, 2021, 01:22:02 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 08, 2021, 01:00:13 PM
Quote from: Last Man on September 08, 2021, 12:50:28 PM
Might just have a coffee with double cream/ couple of eggs with butter and salt or Natural yogurt with a few berries but more often than not I don't bother with anything till lunch at 12.30. Carbs really do drive the hunger! I go to the gym at 6.30 with nothing more than a pint of water in me. No issues at all.

Doent sound the healthiest.

Double cream and salt?

That's the bit that i'm struggling with, full fat milk and cream and butter in most dinner dishes we've had this week, that said, body wise I feel great for it.
What do you have with dinner, instead of spuds or rice or pasta. I would have one of those with every single dinner (unless having pizza or fajitas, which would be worse again presumably!)?

courgettes sliced make a great pasta base for lasagne, and either broccoli or cauliflower 'rice'.. you can't beat a good spud, but she made some cheesey chips the other day, not sure veg it was made from but it wasn't a carb
The cougetti spaggetti is a good one. Brocolli and cauliflower mashed up with plenty of butter was a decent mash substitute too. You'll have to find out what the chips were, sounds good.

It was Turnip chips!! Tasty, so making steak,  those chips,  homemade pepper sauce and veg trimmings on Friday!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

RedHand88

Your occupation is everything. More and more people work at a desk now. It's hard to make up the calorie deficit after sitting down all day.

Last Man

For any of you who are interested this site is worth a look.
Www.Prolongevity.co.uk
From one of their blog posts:

It seems that every TV commercial tells us we aren't happy, and all we need do is to "buy this and we'll be happy". Many of us have been brain washed into believing that all these fast food, confectionery and fad diet companies can make us happier versions of ourselves.

But this couldn't be further from the truth!

The food industry makes huge profits form selling highly processed foods that not only affects our bodies physically, but also has an impact on our mental state too.  Companies like McDonalds, Pizza Hut and KFC pump their products full of sugar, salt and additives that simulates our brain's addictive  pathways much in the same way as well-known drugs of addiction like cocaine.

In short, fast food is genuinely addictive. 

Processed foods  are also high in sugars, carbs and seed oils a lethal combination which lead you on the path towards pre-diabetes, type2 diabetes, heart disease, dementia and even some cancers (the list could go on)

But making small lifestyle changes with ProLongevity is your solution. To find plenty of free articles, videos and advice from "the Pharmacist who Gave Up Drugs (Graham Phillips) our founder who has been a registered Pharmacist for more than 35 years, head over to our Facebook group

Click here to join: https://www.facebook.com/groups/278916313071738/

#ProLongevity #foodfads #healthyliving #eatclean #fastfood #healthyliving #healthyfood #balanceddiet #advertising

thebigfella

Quote from: Last Man on September 09, 2021, 04:00:23 PM
For any of you who are interested this site is worth a look.
Www.Prolongevity.co.uk
From one of their blog posts:

It seems that every TV commercial tells us we aren't happy, and all we need do is to "buy this and we'll be happy". Many of us have been brain washed into believing that all these fast food, confectionery and fad diet companies can make us happier versions of ourselves.

But this couldn't be further from the truth!

The food industry makes huge profits form selling highly processed foods that not only affects our bodies physically, but also has an impact on our mental state too.  Companies like McDonalds, Pizza Hut and KFC pump their products full of sugar, salt and additives that simulates our brain's addictive  pathways much in the same way as well-known drugs of addiction like cocaine.

In short, fast food is genuinely addictive. 

Processed foods  are also high in sugars, carbs and seed oils a lethal combination which lead you on the path towards pre-diabetes, type2 diabetes, heart disease, dementia and even some cancers (the list could go on)

But making small lifestyle changes with ProLongevity is your solution. To find plenty of free articles, videos and advice from "the Pharmacist who Gave Up Drugs (Graham Phillips) our founder who has been a registered Pharmacist for more than 35 years, head over to our Facebook group

Click here to join: https://www.facebook.com/groups/278916313071738/

#ProLongevity #foodfads #healthyliving #eatclean #fastfood #healthyliving #healthyfood #balanceddiet #advertising

Ah the irony

No1

Last Man, have you ever read any of Charlie Spedding's stuff?

Last Man

Quote from: No1 on September 09, 2021, 06:09:04 PM
Last Man, have you ever read any of Charlie Spedding's stuff?
He's been recommended but haven't got to him yet. I've gone down a bit of a rabbit hole with this stuff a few weeks after the lockdowns began when I realised we have to take responsibility for our own health amidst this shit show. It's truly disturbing the more you read into it and how we've been duped in terms of our health although it has put C0v1d in perspective and I really couldn't care less about it any more. Just wish I'd realised all this 20 or 30 years ago when I look at the state of some of my older relatives and torture they have to go through.

Main Street

I'm 193cm tall and 80 kg would be my premium sporting activity weight.
For unknown reasons at the time, but for the past 3 years I gradually put on weight, going from 85kg to 113kg  without any proportional change in diet
I'm a lifelong  vegetarian since aged 15 y.o..
I made some changes to my diet in the direction of 'veganicity'. I replaced much loved foods like butter, milk and cheese with non dairy options, that actually was a painless transition.
I cut out  a most beloved large plate of chips for supper, but what had hurt the most and still does to an extent are Crisps. I use to open a 150gr pack and  chomp until  empty some 3 times a week.  And Crisps are the only forsaken product that I still have a craving for,  gives me the twang of nostalgia   when passing by when shopping. Pretty much I eat the same amount now but with no snacks in between meals. In two months I went from 113kg to 96kg.  I'm aiming for 85 - 88kg  whichever I land on. However the descent has slowed down from 2kg weekly to about 300gr - 500gr weekly. The hard grams.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Main Street on September 10, 2021, 10:19:05 PM
I'm 193cm tall and 80 kg would be my premium sporting activity weight.
For unknown reasons at the time, but for the past 3 years I gradually put on weight, going from 85kg to 113kg  without any proportional change in diet
I'm a lifelong  vegetarian since aged 15 y.o..
I made some changes to my diet in the direction of 'veganicity'. I replaced much loved foods like butter, milk and cheese with non dairy options, that actually was a painless transition.
I cut out  a most beloved large plate of chips for supper, but what had hurt the most and still does to an extent are Crisps. I use to open a 150gr pack and  chomp until  empty some 3 times a week.  And Crisps are the only forsaken product that I still have a craving for,  gives me the twang of nostalgia   when passing by when shopping. Pretty much I eat the same amount now but with no snacks in between meals. In two months I went from 113kg to 96kg.  I'm aiming for 85 - 88kg  whichever I land on. However the descent has slowed down from 2kg weekly to about 300gr - 500gr weekly. The hard grams.

What's that in old money
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

None of your imperialism here!
That plonk Tubridy on the Late Kate showcases one of the guests who mentioned weight loss to give his weight in stones, this the not the 1950s ffs.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: armaghniac on September 11, 2021, 12:35:23 PM
None of your imperialism here!
That plonk Tubridy on the Late Kate showcases one of the guests who mentioned weight loss to give his weight in stones, this the not the 1950s ffs.
Nobody can make me learn weight and height in kg and cm. Stones, lbs and feet please.

armaghniac

A desire to live in the imperial world of previous centuries is especially common in the northern part of the country, especially Antrim.