Started by Applesisapples, August 10, 2020, 02:20:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sid waddell

Quote from: johnnycool on March 18, 2021, 01:32:12 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 18, 2021, 01:23:55 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on March 18, 2021, 11:17:24 AM
No stone at Stormont

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40246625.html

The quicker the nationalist parties just ignore the 'celebrations' the better...

With the place still in lockdown and no intention of opening up for large gatherings this hopefully will pass off like a fart in the wind, unpleasant at the start but fade away in moments

Not one brass farthing of public money should be spent on these "celebrations".

As we've been told bi-lingual signage, the ILA and the likes are a waste of public money which instead should be spent on health and education.

What's good for the goose...

I agree

I also think not one cent of public money should be spent on commemorations for the War of Independence, Irish independence or any of the participants in it

Orior

I am disappointed that the leader of the Catholic Church in Ireland thinks his flock should join in the celebration.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Orior

Quote from: sid waddell on March 18, 2021, 01:44:31 PM
No stone at Stormont

The quicker the nationalist parties just ignore the 'celebrations' the better...

With the place still in lockdown and no intention of opening up for large gatherings this hopefully will pass off like a fart in the wind, unpleasant at the start but fade away in moments

As we've been told bi-lingual signage, the ILA and the likes are a waste of public money which instead should be spent on health and education.

I agree

I also think not one cent of public money should be spent on commemorations for the War of Independence, Irish independence or any of the participants in it

Whoops - my sarcasim detection meter is broken. On a scale of 0-10 and 10 is 100% sarcasim, where is your statement?

Denn Forever

And those people who were Excummunicated?  Will there be an Genera Amenstiy ?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

clarshack

No stone at Stormont

The way Rangers fans were allowed to celebrate I wouldn't be too sure on that.

sid waddell

Quote from: clarshack on March 18, 2021, 02:23:04 PM
No stone at Stormont

Given that you're so anti-lockdown I'd have thought you would have been fervently favour of Rangers fans celebrating and a big centenary celebration of NI's existence?

sid waddell

Quote from: Orior on March 18, 2021, 01:50:55 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on March 18, 2021, 01:44:31 PM
No stone at Stormont

I agree

Whoops - my sarcasim detection meter is broken. On a scale of 0-10 and 10 is 100% sarcasim, where is your statement?
Your post makes no sense

grounded

Quote from: Orior on March 18, 2021, 01:46:34 PM
I am disappointed that the leader of the Catholic Church in Ireland thinks his flock should join in the celebration.

See the SDLP were in favour of it too. I can't for the life of me understand that position. I suppose they realised that it couldnt go through anyhow. Still.

Angelo

Quote from: grounded on March 18, 2021, 06:30:11 PM
Quote from: Orior on March 18, 2021, 01:46:34 PM

See the SDLP were in favour of it too. I can't for the life of me understand that position. I suppose they realised that it couldnt go through anyhow. Still.
[/quote

It's typical SDLP
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

general_lee

I've noticed a pile of flags gone up on the Moira roundabout. Is there like a set date or week that these centenary celebrations take place? Or were those just a pile of Rangers flags I saw?

tonto1888

Quote from: general_lee on March 18, 2021, 07:52:56 PM
I've noticed a pile of flags gone up on the Moira roundabout. Is there like a set date or week that these centenary celebrations take place? Or were those just a pile of Rangers flags I saw?

Don't think they're rangers flags. They were there last week. What date is the anniversary anyway

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

clarshack

Quote from: sid waddell on March 18, 2021, 03:16:47 PM
Quote from: clarshack on March 18, 2021, 02:23:04 PM
No stone at Stormont

Given that you're so anti-lockdown I'd have thought you would have been fervently favour of Rangers fans celebrating and a big centenary celebration of NI's existence?

Aye sure why not if it's an excuse to have a few cans.

Applesisapples

Flegs on lamp posts of all hues are like dogs pissing on a garden fence. Eamon Martin will be ignored on the centenary as he is on most issues. It would serve him better if he began addressing the abominable treatment of women and LGBT people in the church. We need married and women priests ASAP.

Orior

Quote from: Applesisapples on March 22, 2021, 12:00:17 PM
Flegs on lamp posts of all hues are like dogs pissing on a garden fence. Eamon Martin will be ignored on the centenary as he is on most issues. It would serve him better if he began addressing the abominable treatment of women and LGBT people in the church. We need married men and women priests ASAP.

Agreed.