China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudi

Quote from: BennyCake on October 21, 2021, 01:31:41 PM
Quote from: Eire90 on October 21, 2021, 12:59:44 PM
The vaccine gives people a false sense of protection leading to them gallivanting all over the place

100% correct.

Yes, thats true. Some people went mental last year when restrictions were reduced prior to Christmas. Sicken you the way the vaccinated ones feel no shame in passing it on to the unvaccinated ones ;D

trueblue1234

Maybe they need to reintroduce some of the restrictions again. When you look at some of the less vaccinated countries you have to be thankful of the higher rates here. Could have been an absolute clusterfuck as people were becoming slacker with the precautions.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Milltown Row2

How many fans are now allowed at PL games? full house? How many away fans are heading to these games and what restrictions were imposed? taken directly to the ground and straight back to airport? or allowed to freely go to bars cafes and so on?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

Winter is when Covid takes off.
Plus vaccines become less effective over time
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rudi

Quote from: seafoid on October 21, 2021, 02:14:19 PM

Take your daily dose of Vitamin D & C & Niacin and you'll be fine. If your health is compromised get the booster.

lenny

Quote from: Rudi on October 21, 2021, 02:20:32 PM

Take your daily dose of Vitamin D & C & Niacin and you'll be fine. If your health is compromised get the booster.

There's plenty of young healthy people who've died or been left with serious health issues as a result of Covid. Those vitamins pretty close to useless with regard to protecting you from a novel virus. The vaccine gives good protection.

seafoid

NPHET are expecting ICU cases to double by end of November.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

I've a relative in ICU.

In 30s but had repeated episodes of pneumonia and chronic asthma throughout his life. Hopefully he will improve.

Dire Ear

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 22, 2021, 12:44:55 PM
I've a relative in ICU.

In 30s but had repeated episodes of pneumonia and chronic asthma throughout his life. Hopefully he will improve.
Good luck to that man,  bad combinations of illnesses

bennydorano

I was never sure why the ROI stopped publishing covid death stats (no doubt a political decision) but it should be the best deterrent / publicity for Covid compliance - 63 Covid deaths in the past week. That should be an eye opener for a lot of people.

sid waddell

Quote from: bennydorano on October 22, 2021, 01:45:02 PM
I was never sure why the ROI stopped publishing covid death stats (no doubt a political decision) but it should be the best deterrent / publicity for Covid compliance - 63 Covid deaths in the past week. That should be an eye opener for a lot of people.
155 Covid deaths in September and that could rise further yet due to backdating.

If we have 155 dying in September, a month when we should be seeing one of the lowest totals for the whole year, that's a big problem. Averaged out over a year that's 1,800. And it's not going to stay near that average over the winter.

screenexile

Quote from: Rudi on October 21, 2021, 02:20:32 PM

Great but even though I can get infected and not be that sick it means others can get it. If getting vaccinated reduces transmission why not get vaccinated??

At this stage I'm all for trying to keep things open as best we can and live with it but we still need to be vaccinated and taking precautions all the time to limit the spread!

armaghniac

They originally stopped because the computer hack fecked up their system and then they decided not to start again. One problem is that they were not reporting the deaths promptly, something they should have fixed last April. Deaths have risen and the 26 counties is gradually approaching the North in death rate. I think the booster jabs will put a ceiling on the deaths though.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Quote from: sid waddell on October 22, 2021, 02:21:44 PM
155 Covid deaths in September and that could rise further yet due to backdating.

If we have 155 dying in September, a month when we should be seeing one of the lowest totals for the whole year, that's a big problem. Averaged out over a year that's 1,800. And it's not going to stay near that average over the winter.
Numbers are high given that Covid activity is low from April to now.
I can't see nightclubs staying open. The key numbers are free ICU beds and % unvaccinated.