Previous topic - Next topic

delgany

Quote from: TMAC on September 09, 2021, 05:09:43 PM
Quote from: delgany on September 09, 2021, 04:01:05 PM
Quote from: TMAC on September 09, 2021, 02:05:52 PM
Quote from: delgany on September 09, 2021, 01:53:49 PM
Quote from: TMAC on September 09, 2021, 01:09:57 PM
Quote from: DuffleKing on September 09, 2021, 01:04:37 PM

Well now, this is just nonsense. There is no definitive research that day 3 is more optimal than day 2. Irrespective, this bananas approach of quarantining children with this thing is illogical. Who is it protecting?

It is protecting no one just causing chaos in the communities.

That proves my point - they dont know what is the opitmal day to test , but you think it is okay to congregrate in a classroom of 30 !

By isolating, you are protecting that same community and reducing covid cases , surely the target is to get case numbers as low as possible. I appreciate that is a tough ask , but by staggering covid cases in a school community over a 6 - 18 day period , it isnt the solution either

Quote from: delgany on September 09, 2021, 11:32:44 AM

Close contacts out for 10 days - IS the easiest way to manage in school. Straight forward to sort & manage !

You are looking children who have tested negative to keep isolating for 10 days - can you explain why apart from it is easiest for the school?

Yes because the PCR test could be -ve on Day 2 but +ve on Day 3, how can you determine what is safe for every child in a class.?  Most children are asymptomatic ...which is another problem.
Covid cases numbers arent coming down that significantly either

Many kids dying or in ICU, you would have the schools closed, when would you reopen when covid is wiped out?

I would isolate a class if positive case in it, which is a long way from closing a school.
I would maintain that position until +ve  case numbers are greatly reduced, rather than increasing as they seem to be doing !

TMAC

Quote from: delgany on September 09, 2021, 05:37:48 PM
Quote from: TMAC on September 09, 2021, 05:09:43 PM
Quote from: delgany on September 09, 2021, 04:01:05 PM
Quote from: TMAC on September 09, 2021, 02:05:52 PM
Quote from: delgany on September 09, 2021, 01:53:49 PM
Quote from: TMAC on September 09, 2021, 01:09:57 PM
Quote from: DuffleKing on September 09, 2021, 01:04:37 PM

Well now, this is just nonsense. There is no definitive research that day 3 is more optimal than day 2. Irrespective, this bananas approach of quarantining children with this thing is illogical. Who is it protecting?

It is protecting no one just causing chaos in the communities.

That proves my point - they dont know what is the opitmal day to test , but you think it is okay to congregrate in a classroom of 30 !

By isolating, you are protecting that same community and reducing covid cases , surely the target is to get case numbers as low as possible. I appreciate that is a tough ask , but by staggering covid cases in a school community over a 6 - 18 day period , it isnt the solution either

Quote from: delgany on September 09, 2021, 11:32:44 AM

Close contacts out for 10 days - IS the easiest way to manage in school. Straight forward to sort & manage !

You are looking children who have tested negative to keep isolating for 10 days - can you explain why apart from it is easiest for the school?

Yes because the PCR test could be -ve on Day 2 but +ve on Day 3, how can you determine what is safe for every child in a class.?  Most children are asymptomatic ...which is another problem.
Covid cases numbers arent coming down that significantly either

Many kids dying or in ICU, you would have the schools closed, when would you reopen when covid is wiped out?

I would isolate a class if positive case in it, which is a long way from closing a school.
I would maintain that position until +ve  case numbers are greatly reduced, rather than increasing as they seem to be doing !

This is gold, so a physics class has a positive case, the whole class is isolated for 10 days, what about the close contacts who were also in chemistry, maths, English etc. that same day?

TMAC

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on September 09, 2021, 05:39:48 PM
Quote from: TMAC on September 09, 2021, 05:34:20 PM
Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on September 09, 2021, 05:30:28 PM
It's just that you are coming across as though you are raging.

Hopefully you ain't teaching anything of importance, kids would be as well at home.
You are very abusive.

I hope for the sake of anyone close to you that you save this nasty side for internet discussion boards.

And for the sake of the kids you're more intelligent than you come across.

imtommygunn

What way will public health taking over the school isolation stuff impact stuff Duine inteacht eile? Will that be better or worse do you think?

Cobra

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-58512257

McBride more or less saying Teachers should be vaccinated and there's no risk to the kids. I agree. Time to get on with the business of teaching.

Last Man

I have a 16 month old grand daughter running a high temperature, loose mucous cough and inflamed ear. Our GP refuses to see her without a negative PCR. Where do you start to get a successful swab from an infant. Is it just me thinking that the GPs are the biggest cowards in all of this. The less we are beholding to them the better!

tiempo

Quote from: Last Man on September 10, 2021, 12:40:29 PM
I have a 16 month old grand daughter running a high temperature, loose mucous cough and inflamed ear. Our GP refuses to see her without a negative PCR. Where do you start to get a successful swab from an infant. Is it just me thinking that the GPs are the biggest cowards in all of this. The less we are beholding to them the better!

That clown should be reported

imtommygunn

You just do the nose at that age. (Also that is horrendous)

Armagh18

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on September 09, 2021, 05:09:19 PM
It's the "if you don't test for it, it doesn't exist" theory going into practice. It'll be interesting to see how it pans out.
Sure if we'd done that from the start there wouldn't have been a "pandemic".

6th sam

The NHS model means that
GPs manage the vast majority of patients in the health service. In 1 week up to 10% of the population contact their Gp surgery. A tiny percentage of these end up in other parts of the health service  eg A&e . So GPs are doing a poorly understood but massively important job . Though politicians don't say it, one of the biggest problems for the NHS is that some members of the public overuse and abuse the NHS , they fail to see the bigger picture, and use The NHS selfishly and irresponsibly. It's not the fault of those working in the NHS that it has been massively underfunded and underresourced over several years, which has left us Ill equipped to deal with this pandemic.
It is essential therefore to keep the NHS functional , GPs continue to function. For example , Thousands of children have temperatures at this time of the year, and most of them do not need to see a GP who need to prioritise the more serious cases. If GPs drop their threshold for seeing patients ,Covid could spread in Gp surgeries and the service would collapse and therefore more pressure in A&e etc. GPs are being responsible , not lazy or cowardly . Unfortunately this pandemic has resulted in people getting the boot into the Likes of teachers, and GPs, and this is creating an unhelpful negative culture which puts further pressure on health and education . I don't know anyone working in health or education during this pandemic who has not tried their very best. Just because they don't meet selfish, poorly informed and unrealistic expectations of some members of the public , doesn't mean they are "cowards " . We have massive challenges going forward , everyone needs to pitch in,  for many who don't actually work in health or education, they can make their own contribution by supporting those on the ground rather than getting the boot into them. Thankfully most members of the public support health and education services, those that are unfairly negative need to reflect .

armaghniac

Quote from: tiempo on September 10, 2021, 01:38:02 PM

Should be commended for doing his job. It isn't mainly a question of the GP getting Covid, it is a question of the GP giving Covid to the people he deals with, all of which are sick by definition. Even in the most optimistic scenario and the GP tests himself before he infects anyone else then he is off for a week or 10 days and all the other grandchildren will not have any GP to go and see.
Some people need to get a grip.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

RedHand88

Quote from: armaghniac on September 10, 2021, 09:59:11 PM
Quote from: tiempo on September 10, 2021, 01:38:02 PM

Should be commended for doing his job. It isn't mainly a question of the GP getting Covid, it is a question of the GP giving Covid to the people he deals with, all of which are sick by definition. Even in the most optimistic scenario and the GP tests himself before he infects anyone else then he is off for a week or 10 days and all the other grandchildren will not have any GP to go and see.
Some people need to get a grip.

I know of a case recently where half a surgery was out of action because of the actions of one covidiot. Do you know the effect that has on service to people in that area?  The GP is absolutely right.

RedHand88

If she has symptoms of covid you take her to the covid specific centre, not your GP practice. If you are Hightown, Belfast, your nearest one in guessing is A/town.

Try taking her to the dentist, hospital or any other healthcare setting when she has those symptoms and see what happens!

Last Man

Quote from: RedHand88 on September 10, 2021, 11:41:37 PM

If she has symptoms of covid you take her to the covid specific centre, not your GP practice. If you are Hightown, Belfast, your nearest one in guessing is A/town.

Try taking her to the dentist, hospital or any other healthcare setting when she has those symptoms and see what happens!
Cant the doctor put a mask and gloves on? They stop transmission don't they!

RedHand88

Quote from: Last Man on September 12, 2021, 12:23:38 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on September 10, 2021, 11:41:37 PM

Cant the doctor put a mask and gloves on? They stop transmission don't they!

No and I don't think anyone ever said they stop the spread 100%? They just reduce it. GPs do not have access to fit tested PPE the way they do in the covid centres. That is why anyone with symptoms is sent there.

I think the health board need to do more to explain to people why GP surgeries need to run differently now. There seems to be a social media vendetta against them that Dentists, hospital outpatient clinics etc have completely escaped.