Previous topic - Next topic

delgany

Quote from: Cobra on September 09, 2021, 11:35:53 AM
Quote from: delgany on September 09, 2021, 11:32:44 AM
Quote from: DuffleKing on September 09, 2021, 10:43:30 AM
Quote from: delgany on September 08, 2021, 10:21:16 PM
Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on September 08, 2021, 10:05:40 PM
Quote from: the goal was on on September 08, 2021, 09:52:07 PM
My child can now go anywhere she likes after testing negative but because the school has decided not to follow the guidance she can't attend school for the next 8 days.
Primary or post-primary?

I'm surprised that some schools are going against the guidance. There couldn't be many.

The current guidance in the North is complete bollocks tbh.
If a child has Covid , all close contacts should isolate for 10 days.
No variables allowed. Breaks the cycle of close contacts, spreading the virus continously around the classroom/ school.

I

This is not the guidance in the north.

If a child is deemed a close contact - and are not vaccinated - then they must pass a PCR test to return to school. In most cases, this is a 2 day turn around.

And as I said , that  guidance s complete nonsense .
A child/ pupil can be -ve on day 2 , if they are lucky enough to get a PCR test,  but be positive on Day 5 and spread the virus around the room. Research is indicating that Day 3 should be the opitimal day for testing in first place.
The guidance is not a statutory requirement.
Close contacts out for 10 days - IS the easiest way to manage in school. Straight forward to sort & manage !

Are you f**king mental? 10 days? There'll be nobody left in the schools.
Teachers should all be vaccinated. There is minuscule risk to the kids. There is absolutely no need to test for this virus.

How do you know schools are empty ?

So, do you think herd immunity is the way to go?
By isolating, you break the cycle, curb the infection rates, stop people getting sick.

Cobra

Quote from: delgany on September 09, 2021, 11:39:37 AM
My child can now go anywhere she likes after testing negative but because the school has decided not to follow the guidance she can't attend school for the next 8 days.
Primary or post-primary?

I'm surprised that some schools are going against the guidance. There couldn't be many.

No variables allowed. Breaks the cycle of close contacts, spreading the virus continously around the classroom/ school.

I

If a child is deemed a close contact - and are not vaccinated - then they must pass a PCR test to return to school. In most cases, this is a 2 day turn around.

A child/ pupil can be -ve on day 2 , if they are lucky enough to get a PCR test,  but be positive on Day 5 and spread the virus around the room. Research is indicating that Day 3 should be the opitimal day for testing in first place.
Close contacts out for 10 days - IS the easiest way to manage in school. Straight forward to sort & manage !

Teachers should all be vaccinated. There is minuscule risk to the kids. There is absolutely no need to test for this virus.

By isolating, you break the cycle, curb the infection rates, stop people getting sick.

We have the vaccine. Constant testing and isolation is no way to live going forward.
There is zero chance of breaking any transmission chain now. Nearly all sectors have fully reopened and mitigations relaxed. You want to reintroduce restrictions in schools. That is simply not a viable idea given what is happening in the rest of society.
Parents are rightly upset about all of this.

TMAC

Primary or post-primary?

I

Easiest for schools! What about the child or their parents - the same child could be a close contact time and time again - are they to remain out indefinitely!

TMAC

Quote from: the goal was on on September 08, 2021, 11:18:01 PM
If children are made to isolate even if negative they'll be off school most of year. How can people work if children are constantly isolating.

Apparently the teachers are all working!

TMAC

Primary or post-primary?

I

The close contacts are based on seating arrangements in a class, what about the bus to school the bus home - it's nonsensical and it's breaking no cycle - child A is a close contact of child B and is told to isolate for 10 days, day 11 Child A is a close contact of child C and again has to isolate for 10 days - you see what is happening her - complete shit show!

Saffrongael

Ulster Teaching Union says schools need to look at a longer self isolation period  ???
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

TMAC

Quote from: Saffrongael on September 09, 2021, 12:11:43 PM
Ulster Teaching Union says schools need to look at a longer self isolation period  ???

Of course they did, probably till Christmas - poor teachers are under so much pressure.

RedHand88

A primary school in Co Derry has asked parents of P3s to come and lift their children.

TMAC

A friend of my daughters came back yesterday after a negative PCR test on Tuesday only to be sent home again today - the shit show that keeps on giving.

TMAC

At start of week primary school in Armagh had all P4's sent home.

DuffleKing

Primary or post-primary?

I

Well now, this is just nonsense. There is no definitive research that day 3 is more optimal than day 2. Irrespective, this bananas approach of quarantining children with this thing is illogical. Who is it protecting?

TMAC

Quote from: DuffleKing on September 09, 2021, 01:04:37 PM

Well now, this is just nonsense. There is no definitive research that day 3 is more optimal than day 2. Irrespective, this bananas approach of quarantining children with this thing is illogical. Who is it protecting?

It is protecting no one just causing chaos in the communities.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: RedHand88 on September 09, 2021, 12:53:31 PM
A primary school in Co Derry has asked parents of P3s to come and lift their children.

id say naw

delgany

Quote from: TMAC on September 09, 2021, 01:09:57 PM

That proves my point - they dont know what is the opitmal day to test , but you think it is okay to congregrate in a classroom of 30 !

By isolating, you are protecting that same community and reducing covid cases , surely the target is to get case numbers as low as possible. I appreciate that is a tough ask , but by staggering covid cases in a school community over a 6 - 18 day period , it isnt the solution either

TMAC

Quote from: delgany on September 09, 2021, 01:53:49 PM
Quote from: TMAC on September 09, 2021, 01:09:57 PM

That proves my point - they dont know what is the opitmal day to test , but you think it is okay to congregrate in a classroom of 30 !

By isolating, you are protecting that same community and reducing covid cases , surely the target is to get case numbers as low as possible. I appreciate that is a tough ask , but by staggering covid cases in a school community over a 6 - 18 day period , it isnt the solution either

Care to address this?

Quote from: TMAC on September 09, 2021, 12:03:35 PM

The close contacts are based on seating arrangements in a class, what about the bus to school the bus home - it's nonsensical and it's breaking no cycle - child A is a close contact of child B and is told to isolate for 10 days, day 11 Child A is a close contact of child C and again has to isolate for 10 days - you see what is happening here - complete shit show!