China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barnster

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 16, 2022, 03:43:09 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 16, 2022, 10:48:31 AMI don't understand this. What age are you? What are you afraid of? Previous vaccines have been over-rated/over-stated as to immunity. Do you really believe them this time as to its efficiency? Do you really want a substance put into your system that creates an eightfold increase in Antibody levels? Does something as artificial as that seem strange for a disease that you have a 99%+ chance of surviving.

why do you care so much?

Why do you care that he cares?

Barnster

Quote from: J70 on August 16, 2022, 03:50:16 PM
Quote from: Last Man on August 16, 2022, 11:13:16 AM
If you want to get the booster get it, if you don't that's fine also. It's a personal choice that no-one should be penalised for.
Thankfully we now have plenty of data to review so we can make informed decisions. It's inconceivable to me at least that we would react in the same way against a similar threat in the future. Hopefully lessons have been learned.

Even if we find ourselves where we were in March/April 2020?

Novel virus, about which we know little in terms of transmission, except that it is highly contagious; hospitals and their staff overwhelmed to breaking point; people dying; little known in terms of how to treat, never mind cure it; no vaccine; massive PPE shortages?

A lot more folks lives were destroyed because of the draconian measures taken, governments lost the run of themselves.

thebigfella

Quote from: Barnster on August 16, 2022, 04:37:10 PM
If you want to get the booster get it, if you don't that's fine also. It's a personal choice that no-one should be penalised for.
Thankfully we now have plenty of data to review so we can make informed decisions. It's inconceivable to me at least that we would react in the same way against a similar threat in the future. Hopefully lessons have been learned.

Novel virus, about which we know little in terms of transmission, except that it is highly contagious; hospitals and their staff overwhelmed to breaking point; people dying; little known in terms of how to treat, never mind cure it; no vaccine; massive PPE shortages?

A lot more folks lives were destroyed because of the draconian measures taken, governments lost the run of themselves.

what does that actually mean  ::)

J70

Assuming, purely for the sake of argument, that what you say is true, how should it have been handled?

Barnster

They bowed to scaremongering from everyone with a medical background peddling their crap on every TV and Radio station in the land, mainstream media fanning the flames of an apocalyptic world unless we were all locked up.

Barnster

Quote from: J70 on August 16, 2022, 04:47:41 PM

Assuming, purely for the sake of argument, that what you say is true, how should it have been handled?

There is an inquiry in UK to answer that https://covid19.public-inquiry.uk
UK Covid-19 Public Inquiry

J70

Quote from: Barnster on August 16, 2022, 04:51:48 PM

That's a (messed up) link to an inquiry which is just getting up and running. I'm assuming they're keeping an open mind and will conduct a professional and informed investigation and make appropriate recommendations.

Given your virulent claims however, I assumed you yourself had some ideas about how things should have been handled given the state of affairs at the time?

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Barnster on August 16, 2022, 04:29:13 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 16, 2022, 10:48:31 AMI don't understand this. What age are you? What are you afraid of? Previous vaccines have been over-rated/over-stated as to immunity. Do you really believe them this time as to its efficiency? Do you really want a substance put into your system that creates an eightfold increase in Antibody levels? Does something as artificial as that seem strange for a disease that you have a 99%+ chance of surviving.

why do you care so much?

Welcome back Angelo

Barnster

Quote from: J70 on August 16, 2022, 04:57:52 PM

That's a (messed up) link to an inquiry which is just getting up and running. I'm assuming they're keeping an open mind and will conduct a professional and informed investigation and make appropriate recommendations.

Given your virulent claims however, I assumed you yourself had some ideas about how things should have been handled given the state of affairs at the time?

I'm beginning to see how this works, do you think it was all handled correctly given the state of affairs at the time?

J70

Quote from: Barnster on August 16, 2022, 05:33:47 PM
Quote from: J70 on August 16, 2022, 04:57:52 PM

I'm beginning to see how this works, do you think it was all handled correctly given the state of affairs at the time?

Beginning to see how what works? That someone who makes wild assertions should be asked to support them?

As for my opinion, yes, I do think the conservative approach was appropriate at the time. There was no playbook, partly due to lack of proper preparation for a pandemic, partly due to the novelty of the virus and the absence of knowledge about how it spread and how it could be treated. The resulting chaos in the health sector meant that a "let it rip" approach would have been wildly irresponsible.

Gmac

First and foremost where and how the virus came about has never been addressed properly, is it man made and where did it come from ? Stuff that's common knowledge now was seen as blasphemy on here and would get you banned on social media for stating it 6 months ago .It's amazing if you look at the mandatory vaccine pages how "normal people " on here wanted to shun people from society for not wanting to take what is at the most a therapeutic with limited efficacy and some side effects, but same guys still want to shout you down . Not happening

J70

I agree that the origin of the virus is important to establish.

Nature did a good summary back in March. Not sure if much progress has been made since. It does refer to a recent study of viruses in game animals in China - although they didn't detect the Covid virus, they did detect 21 others which were dangerous to humans. Which is obviously very problematic with these live wild animal markets.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-022-00732-0

From the Bunker

If you were not part of the cohort who did not get vaccinated, you were treated socially like a Jew in 1930's Germany. The world around you were doing the same old things, but the non-compliant were discreetly exorcised from society. Every moment became an awkward moment or a non event - going to the Cinema, going to wakes, going to the Pub. 

Anyone who took the Jab were oblivious in the main to this. The Jab became a badge of honour and people talked of the freedom they felt and seen it as patriotic.

Ireland lost the run of itself, but at least we did not get the complete Bullshit people had to endure in Austria, Australia, New Zealand and Canada. F**k me, they ran some sh1tshow.

So many governments in the world had their heads in the Trough of mass hysteria, that none of them could come back now and say it was all a mistake. Most are letting it fade away and not really doing any analysis of it anymore.

They know the figures were greatly exaggerated. Extra Nurses and Doctors that were asked to return to fight the fight, were told to go back later on the next flight.

Climate change, the War on Ukraine, The imminent recession, the LGBT+ stuff have all taken the limelight away from the Big Scam. What ever RTE department Geroge Lee has moved to will be a good indicator of where the next narrative will go.

Anyway that part is all in the past for the moment. The unvaccinated have become a confused entity to the righteous. Things have become sporadic in relation to vaccination. Less and less are getting the Jab or the booster. Some because they realise it's not really worth a shite. Some because they don't fear Covid anymore. Some because they don't have the time. Some because they have heard whispers. Some because they realise they were taken for a ride.

With such sporadic jabs you'd wonder how does herd immunity from the vaccine work these days?

Gabriel_Hurl

Quotethe complete Bullshit people had to endure in Austria, Australia, New Zealand and Canada

I'd love to hear this now  ::)

imtommygunn

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 16, 2022, 05:14:22 PM
Quote from: Barnster on August 16, 2022, 04:29:13 PM

why do you care so much?

Welcome back Angelo

Was thinking that. And so it begins again  :o