All Ireland final tickets thread

Started by Farrandeelin, August 22, 2016, 10:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Quote from: BennyCake on September 08, 2021, 06:57:05 PM
Quote from: Itchy on September 08, 2021, 06:40:28 PM
Was up in North mayo today, ballina stephites, knockmore and crossmolina all raffling 2 tickets by selling lines to all and sundry. Personally I think that's real shitty on their members, taking tickets away from members. Half the county going around moaning about no tickets and clubs doing that?

Is it any worse than the secretary/treasurer/chairman slipping a ticket to his son/daughter/partner/window cleaner? At least this way, they're up front about it,

Is it any worse than corruption, eh no its not. I'm thinking you don't follow. Club gets 138 tickets and has 200 members. Raffles 136 tickets to their members, 64 people don't get one. 2 tickets are then set aside and ticket sellers charge people a fiver to enter a draw for 2 tickets. Mary from outer Mongolia wins the draw and the tickets don't go to club members. Totally disgraceful.

LeoMc

Quote from: Itchy on September 08, 2021, 07:04:53 PM
Was up in North mayo today, ballina stephites, knockmore and crossmolina all raffling 2 tickets by selling lines to all and sundry. Personally I think that's real shitty on their members, taking tickets away from members. Half the county going around moaning about no tickets and clubs doing that?

Is it any worse than the secretary/treasurer/chairman slipping a ticket to his son/daughter/partner/window cleaner? At least this way, they're up front about it,

Is it any worse than corruption, eh no its not. I'm thinking you don't follow. Club gets 138 tickets and has 200 members. Raffles 136 tickets to their members, 64 people don't get one. 2 tickets are then set aside and ticket sellers charge people a fiver to enter a draw for 2 tickets. Mary from outer Mongolia wins the draw and the tickets don't go to club members. Totally disgraceful.
So either 69% of members get a ticket or 68% get a ticket and the club gets €1000 to keep the place running?

NotedObserver

What way are things out there? Many people still looking tickets?

larryin89

Quote from: NotedObserver on September 08, 2021, 08:41:38 PM
What way are things out there? Many people still looking tickets?

Lol , are you been sarcastic?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Cobra

Loaning about clubs raising money to pay bills next. f**k me. Can't please everyone I suppose.

larryin89

Quote from: Cobra on September 08, 2021, 09:20:50 PM
Loaning about clubs raising money to pay bills next. f**k me. Can't please everyone I suppose.

Yeah no bother , just dont understand how these clubs survive when mayo aren't in a final.

Club I know of in the uk , three entries that's right three entries in 2014 for kerry v donegal ticket .  Draws for mayo in an all Ireland anywhere up to 5k profit . 

Mayo pure box office that's for sure .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

RedHand88

Quote from: larryin89 on September 08, 2021, 06:42:38 PM
112 euro I've spent on raffles , I'm embarrassed for myself

Bear in mind alot of those raffles are a Father Ted "number 11" sort of draw  :D

RedHand88

That is desperate. Anything for a few grand.

thewobbler

I think you'll likely find same committee members are the ones running small scale stuff like bag packs, car washes, community walks, table quizzes, etc.

Basically anything for a few grand.

Optics are everything.

Milltown Row2

The tickets are allocated to a club and as the committee is voted in by its membership to carry out its duties then this stuff is agreed by the club.

If this allocation process is wrong the members will not vote in these thoughtless no good sons a bitches.... no wait they won't cause their lazy ass's wouldn't know how to run a bath!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BennyCake

Yes, it is disgraceful. But is what I said not disgraceful?

stiffler

Were any tickets released to overseas clubs/affiliates this year?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

StPatsAbu

If a county is in the final the clubs will get a lot of tickets. This approach using 2 tickets as a fundraiser is fine provided its agreed beforehand and the remaining tickets are balloted fairly. What's not fine is where the chairman or committee decide there will be a raffle, but nevertheless guarantee themselves tickets from the remainer.

delgany

Quote from: StPatsAbu on September 09, 2021, 08:24:09 AM
If a county is in the final the clubs will get a lot of tickets. This approach using 2 tickets as a fundraiser is fine provided its agreed beforehand and the remaining tickets are balloted fairly. What's not fine is where the chairman or committee decide there will be a raffle, but nevertheless guarantee themselves tickets from the remainer.
Catch a grip. The chair, secretary , treasurer of any club with in a competing county are entitled to a ticket for the hours they commit to their club alone .

Cobra

Quote from: StPatsAbu on September 09, 2021, 08:24:09 AM

Chairpersons, committee members, mentors, groundskeepers and other club volunteers should absolutely 100% get sorted first for tickets as opposed to Mickey and Mary who drop of Johnny and never lift a finger around the club. There can be no argument on this. The amount of work it takes to run a GAA club nowadays is incredible. These people give up their time free of charge and you begrudge them a few AIF tickets when the county eventually reaches a final?