County Manager Merry go round

Started by Rossfan, August 11, 2015, 02:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on October 07, 2021, 12:20:11 PM
McEntee wasn't expected was it? Obviously delighted to see Meath in turmoil and I am agin Jacko at Kerry too now, so I am happy to see gripes and the likes in both place.

But who is lined up for Meath?

To answer your question, NO ONE!!

That would have meant there was a plan or something resembling forward thinking by the board.

This is the most bone headed knee jerk decision I've seen since the 2010 debacle. Honestly this seems like nothing more than a few disgruntled heads angry about the U20s. Ever since then there have been a good few clueless ejits shouting "Andy Out" on social media with no idea of who'd replace him, maybe Bernard Flynn because.....??? No idea, or Colm O'Rourke who is Stone Age judging by his punditry.

Whether you like him or not Andy is passionate about Meath, that's why he gets a bit mad, And that's fine by me. He gives a damn. and he'll stick around and not f**k off to Kerry or wherever.

You won't even get that passion from O'Rourke or Flynn either. They've got a comfortable life in journalism and punditry. They'll put their hand in for a year or two with a large back room team to do the real work no doubt and if it doesn't go well they'll jump. Andy had a rough few years to begin with but stuck to it and it was starting to pay off. There have been a few wobbles recently like losing to Kildare in the league this year but you can't ignore the effects the pandemic has had too.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

From the Bunker

McEntee will have plenty of lucrative offers from Dublin Clubs. He made sure to no burn that bridge when he was on Prime Time when they done a bit on Dublin's financial Doping/advantages. He gave Pat Gilroy a free pass that night.

Farrandeelin

I hope Kildare can compete in Leinster again. They have a serious statement of intent made anyways, which might boost players' morale.

PS, no harm to be bitter Scarlet. A bit of 'get it off your chest' never did anyone harm.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Captain Scarlet

I'm due another rant after this - https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/arid-40716857.html

So, Kerry fans make sure to read Jack's body language as he doesn't always actually tell you what he is doing.

He was on the Podcast at the end of August where he was introduced as the CURRENT Kildare manager. But, again it's hard to read the body language over Zoom...

Like FFS!
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Blowitupref

Andy McEntee has been given the go-ahead to oversee what will be his sixth season in charge of the Meath senior football team.

The Nobber native got the nod after an emergency county board meeting in Trim's Knightsbrook Hotel tonight, with the vote on his future as Royals boss falling at the hands of the club delegates.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

dublin7

Normally this would lead to resignations at board level after such a resounding and humiliating defeat for them, but GAA county board members are a different breed and I doubt you'll see any of them step down

Blowitupref

Keith Ricken is set to take over the Cork senior footballers after a five-person selection committee recommended that the county executive propose his appointment on a two-year term.

Ricken, who will need to be confirmed at a full county board meeting, managed the Rebels' U20s to the All-Ireland title in 2019 and a second Munster crown this year. He also led Cork IT to their sole Sigerson Cup success in 2009.

I think Ricken could turn out to be a very good appointment. Cork have been one of the most if not the most underachieving teams in Ireland for the last number of years.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Duine Eile

Not technically a manager but announced this evening that Cian O'Neill has joined Padraic Joyce's backroom team as coach.

Silver hill

Quote from: Duine Eile on October 18, 2021, 08:44:28 PM
Not technically a manager but announced this evening that Cian O'Neill has joined Padraic Joyce's backroom team as coach.

Another man who's stealing a living on the circuit.
I'd put him in the same bracket as Poacher and tally.
Complete bluffers but some county/club always fool enough to take them on, irrespective of traci record of continued failure.

yellowcard

Quote from: Silver hill on October 19, 2021, 08:04:41 AM

Complete bluffers but some county/club always fool enough to take them on, irrespective of traci record of continued failure.

You can't underestimate an ability to sell yourself, talk the coaching lingo and give a good powerpoint presentation.

Manning18

What are you talking about? He has an impeccable record as a coach from his time with Tipp (fitness), Mayo and Kerry. Word was he was one of the most innovative coaches in the country and his training sessions were excellent. His stints into management since have been mixed, but Galway aren't looking for a manager, just a trainer which they've lacked bigtime supposedly over th past 2 years

thebackbar1

The press statement from Galway GAA is telling "The Kildare man will join Padraic Joyce next season as a coach."

"a coach" not "the coach"

We haven't seen any detail behind this, how involved will he be ? Its a five hour round trip for him to Galway, its hard to see him coming up to Galway that often, maybe i'm being cynical.

An Fhairche Abu

We'll see how it goes but it's not like things could get much worse I suppose, you couldn't be that optimistic all the same, would be a miracle turnaround.
Be right back to square one in 2023 I'd say.

Hound

Quote from: yellowcard on October 19, 2021, 09:01:17 AM

You can't underestimate an ability to sell yourself, talk the coaching lingo and give a good powerpoint presentation.
The title of the thread is incredibly apt. Same names going round and round. It's hard to get on this merry go round, but it's harder to get off!

thebackbar1

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on October 19, 2021, 11:49:22 AM
We'll see how it goes but it's not like things could get much worse I suppose, you couldn't be that optimistic all the same, would be a miracle turnaround.
Be right back to square one in 2023 I'd say.

If players walk away it will get worse, if Mayo progress on the current path with proper s&c and Galway don't the gap will get wider, no doubt about it. Standing still is going backwards.