Saval Ronan Sexton
Darragh Cross DJ
Annaclone Seamy Quinn
An Riocht John Clarke

A lot of movement
Bernie and Mussen wil finish out ulster first

Some man for one man.

upandwin

How does everyone see next year panning out in the leagues? Any surprise packages on the horizon, clubs on the rise?

I can see a new wave of Burren dominance coming for the next decade or more with too much talent coming through at underage, it's going to be a serious dilemma for their senior managers to keep players happy and you can't play them all. Kilcoo got their last championship for a while this year I think, Burren just missing their two best players, otherwise it'd have been a very different outcome. Clonduff don't have the bite to win Frank I don't think, IMO they'll be a good competitive team for the next 5/6yrs but can't see them getting past any of the big teams. Warrenpoint are a spent force, they are ageing and will be lucky to stay up next season in Div1 but their race is run and they've missed the chance to win one. Next year will be two mini leagues in Down, Burren/Kilcoo/Clonduff/Bridge/Carryduff and then the rest scrapping it out.

Div2 should be Longstone's to lose. Benny taking Rostrevor is a mental move IMO, surely he'd have been better staying with the stone for another year and getting promoted. He must think there's an Ulster IFC on the horizon. Rostrevor people I've spoken to are confident of a rebuild under BC, apparently there's a red moon rising and they're very confident of waltzing an Intermediate next year and will do enough to finish mid table in Division 1. Fair play to them because any time I saw them this year they were in a bad way.

Will Laverty and co. continue on for another season in the black and white or is ten the right time to step away? Be very afraid of Burren coming strong now lads....you heard it here, they'll win it all next year and could go the season unbeaten in 2022 league and championship.

Truth hurts

Quote from: upandwin on November 11, 2021, 09:53:09 AM
How does everyone see next year panning out in the leagues? Any surprise packages on the horizon, clubs on the rise?

I can see a new wave of Burren dominance coming for the next decade or more with too much talent coming through at underage, it's going to be a serious dilemma for their senior managers to keep players happy and you can't play them all. Kilcoo got their last championship for a while this year I think, Burren just missing their two best players, otherwise it'd have been a very different outcome. Clonduff don't have the bite to win Frank I don't think, IMO they'll be a good competitive team for the next 5/6yrs but can't see them getting past any of the big teams. Warrenpoint are a spent force, they are ageing and will be lucky to stay up next season in Div1 but their race is run and they've missed the chance to win one. Next year will be two mini leagues in Down, Burren/Kilcoo/Clonduff/Bridge/Carryduff and then the rest scrapping it out.

Div2 should be Longstone's to lose. Benny taking Rostrevor is a mental move IMO, surely he'd have been better staying with the stone for another year and getting promoted. He must think there's an Ulster IFC on the horizon. Rostrevor people I've spoken to are confident of a rebuild under BC, apparently there's a red moon rising and they're very confident of waltzing an Intermediate next year and will do enough to finish mid table in Division 1. Fair play to them because any time I saw them this year they were in a bad way.

Will Laverty and co. continue on for another season in the black and white or is ten the right time to step away? Be very afraid of Burren coming strong now lads....you heard it here, they'll win it all next year and could go the season unbeaten in 2022 league and championship.

Burren definitely won't clean up everything in the next few years but they should win a few championships, but you have to remember that they have had strong underage teams the last number of years and I am sure they are losing plenty of players. Burren is a great club but they tarnish themselves by taking players from the Point, Saval, Ballyholland, and Mayobridge parishes. With 2 underage teams at every age group, it would be impossible not to be a success at the senior level. I cannot see much underage success with Kilcoo at A level for a while but they always take a few through each year. Ballyholland seems to be on the horizon with underage successes as too are the Bridge and Bryansford. The problem in Down is that at A level in Down at underage we have the same teams competing Burren, Kilcoo, Mayobridge, Clonduff, Ballyholland, Bredagh, Carryduff, and Bryansford. There will be a good team come up the odd time but the general rule of thumb is that those 8 clubs are usually in the top divisions. We need more clubs to break that stranglehold and to break into the A division. I would like to see that happening more in the Town clubs as they have the numbers. Lurgan is an example of hard work in an urban area, We need to look at their model and see how they are such a success.

Lloyd p

Quote from: Smurfy123 on November 11, 2021, 08:49:33 AM
Club managers

Kilcoo Moran
Burren McCorry
Clonduff McBride
Mayobridge hearing Bernie Ruane/Mussen have been approached
Ballyholland Lynch?
CPN Mulholland
Loughinisland DJ o toole
Carryduff Paddy O Rourke
Rostrevor Benny Coulter
Castlewellan Mickey McVeigh
Downpatrick Gracey
Bryansford Ambrose R

Glenn Kennedy
Longstone??
Saul Fegan
Liatrom Fitzpatrick
Saval Ronan Sexton
Darragh Cross DJ
Annaclone Seamy Quinn
An Riocht John Clarke

A lot of movement
Bernie and Mussen wil finish out ulster first

There's no other way to put this smurfy, you talk absolute shite! Some amount of made up lies there lol

Truth hurts

The Duffin's away to Loughinisland

lumpitin

Im hearing pete mcgrath is seriously being considered as the new down boss now

Godsown

Laura Kuinsberg quoting a Downing source that EU talks  with UK on NI Protocol have been put on hold as Lord Frost and Maros Sefcovic have joined forces to try and get the Down Managers Job sorted before Christmas.

Smurfy123

Would Pete take it is the question?
Maybe Pete as manager and Laverty and Clarke in as coaches but still over the 20s

urbangael

Smurphy on the beer again... The fcukin Sun wouldnt print as much trash!!

lumpitin

From what i seen of down championship players that should be called up
Jerome, Ryan, Shealan Johnston, Micheal Rooney kilcoo
Oran Murdock, Danny magill burren
Loughran from Ballyholand
Close from clonduff
Adam Lynch, Donach McAleenan point
Shane Annett,  Smyth mayobridge
Ronan Beatty cduff
Ruari O'Hare saul
Ronan Mccarthy saval
Murdock Rostrevor
Mcpolin DGath

supersub

Quote from: upandwin on November 11, 2021, 09:53:09 AM

The biggest load of nonsense in a while, and that's saying something.

Johnnysboys

So our old mentor has headed to Armagh club football for the next while.. I thought for sure he would pick up a club in down with all the vacancies out there..

rosskarr

Quote from: Johnnysboys on November 11, 2021, 09:23:09 PM
So our old mentor has headed to Armagh club football for the next while.. I thought for sure he would pick up a club in down with all the vacancies out there..
Oil £££'s pay is better

Smurfy123

Laverty and Clarke to be announced soon

I think both are terrific but to take that team away from the under 20s is very short sighted

We are trying to fix things from the top instead of fixing them from the bottom up

Get the foundations right

Last seasons 20s was a small stop in the right direction

thewobbler

Quote from: Smurfy123 on November 12, 2021, 08:33:04 AM
Laverty and Clarke to be announced soon

I think both are terrific but to take that team away from the under 20s is very short sighted

We are trying to fix things from the top instead of fixing them from the bottom up

Get the foundations right

Last seasons 20s was a small stop in the right direction

If you want to fix things from the bottom up then you don't start with u20s.

Again, why is GAAboard so convinced that this year's crop of u20s can emulate last year's?