Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Truth hurts

It will be a good appointment if that is the case but you are as reliable as the front page of the Sunday World.

Some big names were announced on the Ballykinlar board, some strange names too. Hopefully, it gets off the ground soon. It should reignite Gaelic games in the area which at one time was a force in Down gaa circles.

wobbller

Quote from: Smurfy123 on November 03, 2021, 07:31:23 AM
Have it on very good source the Michael Moran will be revealed as the new Down manager at Tuesday nights county board meeting
Mr Conleth Gilligan will join his backroom team
Not what I hoped but I'd like to wish both all the very best
How will they juggle both if Kilcoo win on Sunday ?
Mr :o Smurf,you have all the most up to date news.What a wee gem you are.

lumpitin

Im hearing peter Canavan new manager, confirmed

Smurfy123

So that's it

Joint managers
Peter Canavan
Mickey Moran
Jimmy McG

Selectors
Conor Deegan
Pete McGrath
Damien Cassidy
Shane Mulholland
Brendan Hackett

Coach
Conleth Gilligan
Aidan O Rourke
Conor Laverty

Now that I would be happy with

I'm taking the piss btw

the goal was on

Strong word that M O Rourke is the new man but insisted no announcements until club season ends !!

5times5times

Quote from: the goal was on on November 03, 2021, 12:16:06 PM
Strong word that M O Rourke is the new man but insisted no announcements until club season ends !!

Why would he leave a club team that most likely could beat Down??

toby47

Quote from: 5times5times on November 03, 2021, 12:34:23 PM
Quote from: the goal was on on November 03, 2021, 12:16:06 PM

Why would he leave a club team that most likely could beat Down??

Also, If his club win on Sunday they will have Ulster.

Zero percent of O'Rourke I'd imagine

Smurfy123

I think the pull to manage an intercounty team goes beyond club
Both Moran and O Rourke have managed at the highest level why would they not want to manage Down?
Club management is big but county management is massive
To say why would either move from a successful club is just mind boggling
Another week almost gone and we don't look like making an announcement

manwithnoplan

Quote from: Smurfy123 on November 03, 2021, 06:13:28 PM
I think the pull to manage an intercounty team goes beyond club
Both Moran and O Rourke have managed at the highest level why would they not want to manage Down?
Club management is big but county management is massive
To say why would either move from a successful club is just mind boggling
Another week almost gone and we don't look like making an announcement

Sure we get announcements almost daily here

stiff breeze

Unai Emery today ruled himself out of the Newcastle job . That can only mean he's taking the Down job

Hard2Listen2

Is Steve Bruce a realistic candidate?

Big fan of 'traditional football' apparently but can also organise a defence.

Got a tidy payoff from last gig so might not be that hard to pay.

What's not to love?

Johnnysboys

Quote from: terrifictommy on November 02, 2021, 07:54:15 PM
Johnny, you speak like Kilcoo are the New York mafia. As far as I can see the county board take Kilcoo to task at all times but technicalities seem to get them off the hook. Wouldn't it be better if a leaf was taken out of the Portglenone club, be gracious and go more more dignity.
And I'm fairly sure they don't appoint referees, have you ever read your posts ffs wise up fella. May be you believe your own hype.

Not quite the mafia but they do pull sway.. technicalities - don't make me laugh. Our esteemed county secretary didn't get told to go to his office through Kilkeel and not Kilcoo for the craic. Your 100% they don't appoint referees but they do put in their objections if it's the one who challenges them and ain't afraid of them on the pitch - who then gets verbally abused leaving the pitch and through messages for days on end after the game (Mafia style). But in your eyes they are probably just a small parish of 600 who go to mass and have a few sheep each..

Truth hurts

Quote from: Johnnysboys on November 03, 2021, 11:40:07 PM
Quote from: terrifictommy on November 02, 2021, 07:54:15 PM
Johnny, you speak like Kilcoo are the New York mafia. As far as I can see the county board take Kilcoo to task at all times but technicalities seem to get them off the hook. Wouldn't it be better if a leaf was taken out of the Portglenone club, be gracious and go more more dignity.
And I'm fairly sure they don't appoint referees, have you ever read your posts ffs wise up fella. May be you believe your own hype.

Not quite the mafia but they do pull sway.. technicalities - don't make me laugh. Our esteemed county secretary didn't get told to go to his office through Kilkeel and not Kilcoo for the craic. Your 100% they don't appoint referees but they do put in their objections if it's the one who challenges them and ain't afraid of them on the pitch - who then gets verbally abused leaving the pitch and through messages for days on end after the game (Mafia style). But in your eyes they are probably just a small parish of 600 who go to mass and have a few sheep each..

There was a "Kilcoo mafia" flag at the 1991 all-Ireland final, the Kilcoo mafia is going a long time  ;) :) A strong East Down club with a few eijets but then again every club has them. The loss of Kerr on Sunday is massive. Jim is trying to crush the empire which he single handily built. I don't think the mafia will let that happen  :) :) Darragh and the Kindom is going to be a cracker and I expect the WJ Farrell cup to come to the East and reignite Gaelic games in the Crossgar /Saintfield area. These areas have been deprived by the county boards over the years and with more coaching and help these areas could flourish.
I have a sneaky suspicion that Dundrum can take the Fin, Dundrum has championship pedigree at this level and a few cute old foxes who know what it takes to win a junior championship. All the pressure is on the Fin, it should be a clinker.

Smurfy123

Big word around the County last night was Jimmy McG

Now I can't see it for the simple reason why has he not been announced

With the delay in the announcement it has to be someone involved in finals day

Jim McC no?
Moran yes
Gilligan yes
Adams yes
Mal O Rourke maybe
Cassidy already out so no

Other counties involved in finals
Antrim no
Tyrone no
Armagh no
Cavan no
Fermanagh no

So it has to be from top group that's the only reason for delay

Unless it's someone from
Meath
Dublin
Or that

My clear money is on Mickey Moran it makes sense

supersub

The only thing clear is no one has a clue who it is.

3 good games over the weekend, hard to predict the winner from all 3. Kilcoo will probably have too much for Burren, Intermediate in the balance, and Dundrum could cause an upset. Should be interesting.

Some nonsense about referees, Kilcoo, mafia etc the last couple of pages. Keep that for Hoganstand or Snapchat.