Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

6th sam

Quote from: Truth hurts on November 01, 2021, 10:31:52 AM
Into another week, 9 weeks to the start of intercounty football and we still have no manager. I think the clubs need to start putting pressure on the board as it's a disgrace that no one has been announced. As a supporter, I am really worried.

I would sooner wait another few weeks for the right appointment . Many good options still
Involved with clubs . I would have confidence in the selection panel picking the right person at the right time

SamFever

Conor Deegan,Conor Laverty,Jim McGiinness,Malachy O'Rouke and Damian Cassidy
have been appointed as Joint Managers of Down Senior Footballers!

SHEEDY

Quote from: SamFever on November 01, 2021, 05:16:48 PM
along with Micky Moran, Conleth Gilligan and Peter Canavan
nil satis nisi optimum

Nanderson

Quote from: SHEEDY on November 01, 2021, 05:36:47 PM
Quote from: SamFever on November 01, 2021, 05:16:48 PM
along with Micky Moran, Conleth Gilligan and Peter Canavan
could probably throw in nuno espirito santo now that hes available now too

Smurfy123

I think we all now know that the to be appointed new Down manager is still involved
Moran
Laverty
Mal O R (even though he said no)
Cassidy out now
Adams
Gilligan

Outsiders but no reason to suggest if it wasn't one of those then it should be announced
Deegan
Mulholland
Walsh

Hard2Listen2

Truth hurts

Can any Burren poster confirm if Oran Murdock has been approached to play Aussie Rules?

Smurfy123

6th Sam it's ok saying you would rather wait and get the right man but seriously every weeks delay will have a huge impact on Downs season.
Over 4 months since Tally left the post. 4 months
Every other team in Ireland will be doing something that goes without saying.
Every week really counts now.
If a manager is appointed after next weeks county finals which looks to be the case as it must be someone who is involved then it could be December before the meeting man gets his squad up and running
Any time for trialling players or getting a look at some lads is gone

Truth hurts

I just was told in the shop there now that there has been a few hefty bans sent by the county board after the battle of Esler and that the CCC will be busy with appeals in the next few days trying to free up bodies for the final.

Johnnysboys

Quote from: Truth hurts on November 02, 2021, 09:19:33 AM
I just was told in the shop there now that there has been a few hefty bans sent by the county board after the battle of Esler and that the CCC will be busy with appeals in the next few days trying to free up bodies for the final.

As if the county board are going to argue with Kilcoo. If they want someone available to play - done
If they want a particular ref - done
Forget about appeals - county board are scared shitless of them..

Hard2Listen2

Quote from: Johnnysboys on November 02, 2021, 03:09:22 PM

As if the county board are going to argue with Kilcoo. If they want someone available to play - done

Why?

Truth hurts

Quote from: Hard2Listen2 on November 02, 2021, 04:15:18 PM
Quote from: Johnnysboys on November 02, 2021, 03:09:22 PM

Why?

The CCC are not afraid of the magpies. Bigness has the biggest suspension which is hardly surprising

Truth hurts

Sad news in Byransford today with the passing of the great Oliver Burns, he was a colossus with the great ford team of the 70s and captained them to 2 ulster titles. A very proud clubman, East Down and Down gael. May he rest in peace.

terrifictommy

Johnny, you speak like Kilcoo are the New York mafia. As far as I can see the county board take Kilcoo to task at all times but technicalities seem to get them off the hook. Wouldn't it be better if a leaf was taken out of the Portglenone club, be gracious and go more more dignity.
And I'm fairly sure they don't appoint referees, have you ever read your posts ffs wise up fella. May be you believe your own hype.

Smurfy123

Have it on very good source the Michael Moran will be revealed as the new Down manager at Tuesday nights county board meeting
Mr Conleth Gilligan will join his backroom team
Not what I hoped but I'd like to wish both all the very best
How will they juggle both if Kilcoo win on Sunday ?