Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnnysboys

I know we disagree on many things on this forum but the one thing I think we all agree on is that Paul Falloon is a top referee and at present is head abs shoulders the best in our county. Why are we even having a discussion about who gets the final when we have him in our ranks?? Surely it should be his?? No affiliation to either club (don't think it would matter anyhow) and is very composed in high pressure games. Anyone else getting it is a fraud by the county board IMO.
But then there is of course the fact that Kilcoo don't like him due to him not buying their antics on the pitch or sideline - and that's the reason he won't be doing it. County Board need to have the balls to stand up to the thugs and show them who is actually running the county.

PTC

Has the referee been picked yet? The only reason Paul Falloon wouldn't get it is he lost his composure last year and finished a game early, if the match was to be live to tg4 and this happened it would be embarrassing

Smurfy123

Damian Cassidy to be installed as Down manager
Assistant by Danny Hughes and Dan Gordon

SamFever

Quote from: Smurfy123 on October 28, 2021, 07:59:16 AM
The 3 D's.

Truth hurts

Quote from: Johnnysboys on October 27, 2021, 11:59:01 PM
I know we disagree on many things on this forum but the one thing I think we all agree on is that Paul Falloon is a top referee and at present is head abs shoulders the best in our county. Why are we even having a discussion about who gets the final when we have him in our ranks?? Surely it should be his?? No affiliation to either club (don't think it would matter anyhow) and is very composed in high pressure games. Anyone else getting it is a fraud by the county board IMO.
But then there is of course the fact that Kilcoo don't like him due to him not buying their antics on the pitch or sideline - and that's the reason he won't be doing it. County Board need to have the balls to stand up to the thugs and show them who is actually running the county.

Falloon is the best by a country mile and he will referee an all Ireland final someday

Truth hurts

How many announcements are you on now?

Nanderson

Quote from: Truth hurts on October 28, 2021, 09:07:25 AM

How many announcements are you on now?
A random survey by hoganstand.com has predicted that by 2022 4 out of 5 people will have been linked to the vacant Down job

Mourne Red

You on the wacky backy smurfy?

PTC

Brendan rice confirmed as the referee for the final

Truth hurts

Quote from: PTC on October 28, 2021, 11:51:05 AM

Colm Gribben Intermediate
Conor Curran Junior

Rice is an experienced campaigner but if my mind serves me right did he send a McGovern off in a Burren/Kilcoo game a few years ago, or was it Ciaran Brannigan? He should not be influenced .
Good to see young Curran getting a final, he has potential

Truth hurts

Can any Ballyholland or Kilcoo poster confirm was there  any suspensions from Sunday's game?

Johnnysboys

Quote from: PTC on October 28, 2021, 11:51:05 AM

Congratulations to Kilcoo on winning another county title.. A clubman of mine but will be bullied by Kilcoo - again.. how can a man who referees their in house games get the county final - it's wrong on so many levels.

thewobbler

Kilcoo must have some amount of in-house games.

terrifictommy

Great to see new referees getting the nod, new blood needed. Seems to be approach this year to get them through and get experience to move up next year. Disappointed that our best ref isn't in line for final though.

upandwin

Rice will crumble when it comes to the pressure of this year's final. He knows full well all the Burren people hate his guts after the McGovern sending off and he'll try to undo that mistake this year and gift Burren a SFC...Burren will win this final by 5/6 and they'll be one of the favourites to win Ulster