Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

upandwin

Rostrevor will be kicking themselves today...they had the game well within their control 2mins before the second water break. The Ford kicked two frees to get back to 3pts going in to the last 15mins and Rostrevor froze. Yesterday has zero to do with management or coaching, they are lacking in leaders on the pitch and when big Parr stops playing, they're in serious trouble.

Big miss not having arguably the best keeper in the county not available and that comes down to a difference of opinion between management and him but the kickouts were a mess for the Reds yesterday. Fair play to Bryansford who kept at their task and didn't panic. Big no.9 for them looks a player, O'Higgins I think.

It always amazes me how some people have the nerve to slabber to the sidelines with more than 20mins to go, then crawl under their rock when the tide turns. Easy to be a mouthpiece when you're winning. Heard a Reds 'waterboy' give the big 'un' to a Group of Ford supporters behind the wire slagging them off for having 12 at training during the week...then last 5mins he slowly slid back off to the Rostrevor side for the last few mins...classic

Rebuild job but no doubt Rostrevor will waltz the IFC next year and give Ulster a decent rattle. Who will be taking them is another conversation entirely...I think they have a decent chance of staying in Div1 if they can get some players back committing. They're on a level with Loughinisland, Bryansford, Castlewellan and they just ahve to finish above two of those I think.

Also W'Point are on the way down it seems, Carryduff are anyones guess and I think RGU are the same...

ScarvaLegend

Quote from: upandwin on October 18, 2021, 02:48:21 PM
Rostrevor will be kicking themselves today...they had the game well within their control 2mins before the second water break. The Ford kicked two frees to get back to 3pts going in to the last 15mins and Rostrevor froze. Yesterday has zero to do with management or coaching, they are lacking in leaders on the pitch and when big Parr stops playing, they're in serious trouble.

Big miss not having arguably the best keeper in the county not available and that comes down to a difference of opinion between management and him but the kickouts were a mess for the Reds yesterday. Fair play to Bryansford who kept at their task and didn't panic. Big no.9 for them looks a player, O'Higgins I think.

It always amazes me how some people have the nerve to slabber to the sidelines with more than 20mins to go, then crawl under their rock when the tide turns. Easy to be a mouthpiece when you're winning. Heard a Reds 'waterboy' give the big 'un' to a Group of Ford supporters behind the wire slagging them off for having 12 at training during the week...then last 5mins he slowly slid back off to the Rostrevor side for the last few mins...classic

Rebuild job but no doubt Rostrevor will waltz the IFC next year and give Ulster a decent rattle. Who will be taking them is another conversation entirely...I think they have a decent chance of staying in Div1 if they can get some players back committing. They're on a level with Loughinisland, Bryansford, Castlewellan and they just ahve to finish above two of those I think.

Also W'Point are on the way down it seems, Carryduff are anyones guess and I think RGU are the same...

Isn't it four down next season? Just one of those rumours I'd heard

Truth hurts

It will be 3 down and 3 the year after, clubs won't agree to 4 down.
NMCA or John Fegan to take over the mantle in Rostrevor.
Bundy coming home to the blues.
Wee James To Carryduff.

Mourne Red

Already done as 4 down next season.. Was the agreement for no relegation this year. League is going to be interesting

Truth hurts

Quote from: Mourne Red on October 18, 2021, 03:56:50 PM
Already done as 4 down next season.. Was the agreement for no relegation this year. League is going to be interesting

Was not agreed on , fake news

Mourne Red

Quote from: Truth hurts on October 18, 2021, 04:26:37 PM

Dead on then Trump.. We will see next year 👌🏻 They restructured the divisions so 10 in each a couple of years ago.. They aren't going back to 12 a league

Smurfy123

A good few openings for next season from what I hear
Clubs need to be on the ball pretty soon

Bryansford decision imminent
Rostrevor
Loughinisland
Saul
Longstone
Castlewellan
CPN decision imminent meeting tonight
Newry Shamrocks
Newry Bosco
Carryduff
Bredagh decision imminent
Glenn decision imminent

A busy few weeks for clubs

Truth hurts

Quote from: Mourne Red on October 18, 2021, 05:16:32 PM
Quote from: Truth hurts on October 18, 2021, 04:26:37 PM

Dead on then Trump.. We will see next year 👌🏻 They restructured the divisions so 10 in each a couple of years ago.. They aren't going back to 12 a league

It was not finalized, it was agreed that the board would look at it later, they could get to 10 teams in two years,
go 11 teams in 2023

Truth hurts

Quote from: Smurfy123 on October 19, 2021, 08:53:03 AM

Rostrevor
Loughinisland
Saul
Longstone
Castlewellan
Newry Shamrocks
Newry Bosco
Carryduff
Glenn decision imminent

Decision imminent LOL

Hedgehunter

Rostrevor
Loughinisland
Saul
Longstone
Castlewellan
Newry Shamrocks
Newry Bosco
Carryduff
Glenn decision imminent

Your a head case...

terrifictommy

It's brought a bit of lightheartedness to this group😂

On a serious football note, games should be fairly exciting at the weekend. Are they being streamed, are they all a fiver still?

Johnnysboys

Rostrevor
Loughinisland
Saul
Longstone
Castlewellan
Newry Shamrocks
Newry Bosco
Carryduff
Glenn decision imminent

I really hope Hollo gets the road tbh.. brought us silverware yes - but his approach is all wrong.. we have players another year older now and still no championship.. Should've got McCorry before them Uns up the road did...

Nanderson

Quote from: terrifictommy on October 19, 2021, 07:55:24 PM
It's brought a bit of lightheartedness to this group😂

On a serious football note, games should be fairly exciting at the weekend. Are they being streamed, are they all a fiver still?
Only 2 senior games are live. Other 4 games are deferred coverage

Smurfy123

From reports the CPN lads believe the management need help so it may be interesting to see who they get in.
All the teams making decisions need to make it quick
Most clubs normally start Gym work in December

This weekend I'll go with
Kilcoo
Burren
An Riocht
Darragh Cross

Truth hurts

Quote from: Johnnysboys on October 19, 2021, 11:32:34 PM

Rostrevor
Loughinisland
Saul
Longstone
Castlewellan
Newry Shamrocks
Newry Bosco
Carryduff
Glenn decision imminent

I really hope Hollo gets the road tbh.. brought us silverware yes - but his approach is all wrong.. we have players another year older now and still no championship.. Should've got McCorry before them Uns up the road did...

I am hearing reports than Poacher will be heading to Rostrevor next season, interesting appointment