Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnnysboys

Quote from: Truth hurts on September 29, 2021, 10:34:59 AM
Our lady and st Patricks Knock are entering the McRory cup for the first time ever, this is a massive achievement for the Belfast clubs and a great boost for East Down Gaels who are continually watching the Newry schools getting all the glory. That should be the aim of the Red High, to become a consistent McRory cup school, the clubs that feed the schools are strong clubs, this should be a target for Down GAA!

Easier said than done this.. St Louis were there for a couple of years and have disappeared, St Paul's, St Malachys - all back at McLarnon level now..

Truth hurts

I was chatting with a Bredagh man today and they are confident of beating Mayobridge this weekend, they are really disappointed in getting hit by the sucker punch from Balyholland. Could they be worth a punt at 11/2?

SamFever

Quote from: Truth hurts on September 30, 2021, 04:30:41 PM
I was chatting with a Bredagh man today and they are confident of beating Mayobridge this weekend, they are really disappointed in getting hit by the sucker punch from Balyholland. Could they be worth a punt at 11/2?
Good luck with the punt

Nanderson

Quote from: Johnnysboys on September 29, 2021, 10:11:53 PM
Quote from: Truth hurts on September 29, 2021, 10:34:59 AM
Our lady and st Patricks Knock are entering the McRory cup for the first time ever, this is a massive achievement for the Belfast clubs and a great boost for East Down Gaels who are continually watching the Newry schools getting all the glory. That should be the aim of the Red High, to become a consistent McRory cup school, the clubs that feed the schools are strong clubs, this should be a target for Down GAA!

Easier said than done this.. St Louis were there for a couple of years and have disappeared, St Paul's, St Malachys - all back at McLarnon level now..
That St Louis team was a bit of a freak team. In 2005 they had at least 3 players in James Colgan, Marty Clarke and Joe Ireland that played on the Down U21 team whilst still in school which is a bit of a rare occurance, especially in Marty's case as he was still in Lower 6th. Marty and James were also both on the Down minor team that won the All Ireland a few months later. That team came together thanks to a lot of strong underage teams in the local clubs, namely An Riocht and Rostrevor in the early 00's

manwithnoplan

Folks is the online coverage from Pairc Esler decent this year? Won't make the games so was going to watch online if it does the job

Nanderson

Quote from: manwithnoplan on September 30, 2021, 06:17:44 PM
Folks is the online coverage from Pairc Esler decent this year? Won't make the games so was going to watch online if it does the job
Yeah pairc esler coverage is good

Lotto

Quote from: Nanderson on September 30, 2021, 06:25:16 PM

Just turn the volume down unless Patsy is commentating.

ScarvaLegend

Quote from: Lotto on September 30, 2021, 07:24:29 PM
Quote from: Nanderson on September 30, 2021, 06:25:16 PM

Just turn the volume down unless Patsy is commentating.

The commentary is fine. Only point is Patsy roars down the microphone at a goal/goal chance and its RIP eardrums. Hes a good commentator for 59 minutes of the matches though!

Truth hurts

you are paying £3 for a match, are you expecting Micheal O'Hir FFS, enjoy the games from the comfort of your home and stop complaining, please. These people are volunteers !!!!!!!!!!!

befair

Patsy is a legend, our very own Mícheál Ó Muircheartaigh.
CPN/Clonduff too close to call; betting has CPN slight favs which seems right.
Longstone could surprise Carryduff. Glenn/Castlewellan will be cannon fodder in the next round.

Truth hurts

Quote from: befair on October 01, 2021, 01:10:25 PM
Patsy is a legend, our very own Mícheál Ó Muircheartaigh.
CPN/Clonduff too close to call; betting has CPN slight favs which seems right.
Longstone could surprise Carryduff. Glenn/Castlewellan will be cannon fodder in the next round.

4 South Down and 4 East Down teams will be in the quarters

ScarvaLegend

Quote from: Truth hurts on October 01, 2021, 09:37:30 AM
you are paying £3 for a match, are you expecting Micheal O'Hir FFS, enjoy the games from the comfort of your home and stop complaining, please. These people are volunteers !!!!!!!!!!!

Apologies, I didn't want anyone to misinterpret my message, I agree Patsy is legendary and has provided a fantastic service to this county over the last 40 years. The other lads are doing a great job.

Regarding this weekend, absolutely agree that CPN/Clonduff is far too close to call. If you flipped a coin it would land on its side!
The Bridge should have too much for Bredagh this evening, and that's probably the only clear cut one of the weekend.
Carryduff should just edge out the Stone tomorrow, but I think it will be a lot closer than people anticipate, maybe only a point or two in Carryduff's favour at the end.
On Monday night, I think Castlewellan can just edge out Glenn but wouldn't be surprised in a reverse result here either.

All in all, we've a fantastic weekend of football ahead.

manwithnoplan

Have many of you watched the RGU yet? I haven't seen them myself but hear that they could be dangerous to some of the Div 1 teams if they meet in the quarters. Perhaps not for outright winning it but is a semi/final realistic if they avoid Kilcoo and Burren?

Truth hurts

Quote from: manwithnoplan on October 01, 2021, 01:47:54 PM
Have many of you watched the RGU yet? I haven't seen them myself but hear that they could be dangerous to some of the Div 1 teams if they meet in the quarters. Perhaps not for outright winning it but is a semi/final realistic if they avoid Kilcoo and Burren?

They won't play Kilcoo or Burren in the quarters

Ed Hardy

October and still haven't announced a new county management  set up. I thought they would have had someone in place before the championship got serious. Wonder what the hold up as been.