Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Truth hurts

Kilcoo has two weeks off now which will get Dabs and Dylan Ward time to recover. They are ahead of the rest by a bit but still can be caught but a team will need to take their chances. Mayobridge and Clonduff had plenty but never took them. There are only 4 teams left which on their day could beat the magpies and one will be eliminated at the weekend.

upandwin

Some draw last night...who in the world could have foreseen that we'd get drawn with Clonduff? That'll be the end of the road for our lads surely...in fairness we are miles off Burren and Kilcoo so it makes no odds whether we play Clonduff now or a better team later as there's a big gulf. Streamed the Burren game last night and I fancy them to win the whole thing. Two easy fixtures has given them a chance to give lots of lads plenty of football and not have to risk any injured players like Fegan and Toner. Liam Kerr and Danny Magill are different gravy. Kilcoo will be worried about Burren IMO...The rest of the teams in the county are a side act...County board will surely keep Kilcoo and Burren apart in the semi finals hoping for a showpiece event.

Not much excitement other than our game this wkend. Should be a good crowd there on Sunday night. Fancy Mayobridge to do enough against Bredagh, they'll win by 2/3 pulling up. Castlewellan will fancy their chances against Glenn but that game will be close and I think Glenn will edge it. Carryduff and Longstone will be tight as well but I think Carryduff will see it through.

Truth hurts

Quote from: upandwin on September 28, 2021, 09:16:58 AM
Some draw last night...who in the world could have foreseen that we'd get drawn with Clonduff? That'll be the end of the road for our lads surely...in fairness we are miles off Burren and Kilcoo so it makes no odds whether we play Clonduff now or a better team later as there's a big gulf. Streamed the Burren game last night and I fancy them to win the whole thing. Two easy fixtures has given them a chance to give lots of lads plenty of football and not have to risk any injured players like Fegan and Toner. Liam Kerr and Danny Magill are different gravy. Kilcoo will be worried about Burren IMO...The rest of the teams in the county are a side act...County board will surely keep Kilcoo and Burren apart in the semi finals hoping for a showpiece event.

Not much excitement other than our game this wkend. Should be a good crowd there on Sunday night. Fancy Mayobridge to do enough against Bredagh, they'll win by 2/3 pulling up. Castlewellan will fancy their chances against Glenn but that game will be close and I think Glenn will edge it. Carryduff and Longstone will be tight as well but I think Carryduff will see it through.

Thats correct the CCC will fix the draw to ensure Kilcoo play Burren in the final ::)

upandwin

Hopefully...would make for a good final in fairness lol

Truth hurts

If the Point doesn't win this weekend, I think it's the last chance for the so-called golden generation to win a championship as Burren is going to get stronger for the next few years. Looking at underage I cannot see CPN producing the same caliber of players in the next number of numbers as the other big division one clubs around them. Will the Warrenpoint committee be happy with a league title?

johnnycool

Quote from: Truth hurts on September 28, 2021, 09:24:58 AM

Thats correct the CCC will fix the draw to ensure Kilcoo play Burren in the final ::)

I'm presuming the 4 teams already into the quarter finals will be kept apart and each will end up playing a round three?? winner or are all 8 teams entered into an open draw?

ScarvaLegend

Quote from: johnnycool on September 28, 2021, 03:56:39 PM

I'm presuming the 4 teams already into the quarter finals will be kept apart and each will end up playing a round three?? winner or are all 8 teams entered into an open draw?

It'll be seeded. Round 2 winners play a Round 3 qualifier.

johnnycool

Quote from: ScarvaLegend on September 28, 2021, 03:57:50 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on September 28, 2021, 03:56:39 PM

It'll be seeded. Round 2 winners play a Round 3 qualifier.

Thought as much.
Those pesky members of the CCC will keep Burren and Kilcoo apart yet again..

thebar

In fairness I think you got this the wrong way round...Kilcoo have no fear of Burren and have shown that clearly over the past decade...Burren along with everyone else have it all to prove.

Smurfy123

Knockout football from here
Some big games no bigger than Sunday

Bredagh Mayobridge - Mayobridge by 6

Carryduff Longstone - Carryduff by 6

CPN Clonduff - CPN by 2 but we must improve on previous performances

Glenn Castlewellan - Glenn by 2 after extra time

Truth hurts

Quote from: Smurfy123 on September 29, 2021, 08:24:28 AM
Knockout football from here
Some big games no bigger than Sunday

Bredagh Mayobridge - Mayobridge by 6

Carryduff Longstone - Carryduff by 6

CPN Clonduff - CPN by 2 but we must improve on previous performances

Glenn Castlewellan - Glenn by 2 after extra time

If Ross is still out, Clonduff will beat yous, I just dont think CPN have the same zip as the last few years, they look laboured going forward. Clonduff sharpshooters cant have as bad a day again!

Truth hurts

Our lady and st Patricks Knock are entering the McRory cup for the first time ever, this is a massive achievement for the Belfast clubs and a great boost for East Down Gaels who are continually watching the Newry schools getting all the glory. That should be the aim of the Red High, to become a consistent McRory cup school, the clubs that feed the schools are strong clubs, this should be a target for Down GAA!

general

Quote from: Truth hurts on September 29, 2021, 10:34:59 AM
Our lady and st Patricks Knock are entering the McRory cup for the first time ever, this is a massive achievement for the Belfast clubs and a great boost for East Down Gaels who are continually watching the Newry schools getting all the glory. That should be the aim of the Red High, to become a consistent McRory cup school, the clubs that feed the schools are strong clubs, this should be a target for Down GAA!

Where could i find fixtures for the macrory games?

delgany

Quote from: general on September 29, 2021, 10:49:35 AM
Quote from: Truth hurts on September 29, 2021, 10:34:59 AM

Where could i find fixtures for the macrory games?

http://www.danskebankulsterschoolsgaa.com/

Smurfy123

Agree we looked laboured
But it's the same team that won the league and kicked 3.15 in out last league game and beat both Burren and Kilcoo along the way
How can we look so poor within 2 weeks of winning a league
That should have been the confidence we needed to kick on
I still think we can find our league form