Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersub

Quote from: Silver hill on September 16, 2021, 02:36:04 PM
Quote from: general on September 16, 2021, 02:25:26 PM
In regard to streaming of the SFC;

All matches can be bought individually for £5 or a bundle offer for all six games is available at a price of £18. There is also a Super Sunday bundle for the three games at a price of £10

Hopefully the quality of the service is good. its great value for anyone who wants to watch from home.

https://downgaa.tv/events/?activity_type_checked_ids=&locations_checked_ids=&sport_teams_checked_ids=&competitions_teams_checked_ids=&start_date=&end_date=&search_for_an_event=

Maybe it was just myself and my internet but I paid for a few games last year from the Down championship last year with Pairc and the quality was decidedly dodgy with constant freezes.
Was that a problem for anyone else or just my bad luck?

Last year it was excellent. The year before there were some issues.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Smurfy123 on September 16, 2021, 05:55:15 PM
CPN double digits and that's no disrespect to Longstone as they are a great club but the golf between 1 and 2 is a lot
Ryan McAleenan also back in the frame for us
Good luck to all competing teams

;D

Mourne Red

Jesus, CPN still on the drink from winning the league were they?

charlieTully

Your a twat Smurfy. You really are. Maybe just button it from here on in. 

Targetman

Brutal coverage from Pairc TV, commentator was blaming the weather!! Anyway fair play to Longstone, never scored in the second half but still beat the league winners!!

thebar

Some amount of disrespect to the stone on here earlier after reading some of their posts...total fools if they believed the stone wouldn't make a game of that tonight. There are a few teams you never get anything handy from them the stone being one. Fair play Longstone well deserved and not one bit surprised.

Hedgehunter

Be right back folks, away to stick on the kettle 😁😁

charlieTully

Quote from: Targetman on September 16, 2021, 09:21:08 PM
Brutal coverage from Pairc TV, commentator was blaming the weather!! Anyway fair play to Longstone, never scored in the second half but still beat the league winners!!

It was shocking. Doesn't instill much hope for the rest of the matches. Super Sunday lined up ffs.

ScarvaLegend

Quote from: thebar on September 16, 2021, 09:25:56 PM
Some amount of disrespect to the stone on here earlier after reading some of their posts...total fools if they believed the stone wouldn't make a game of that tonight. There are a few teams you never get anything handy from them the stone being one. Fair play Longstone well deserved and not one bit surprised.

I'll hold my hands up, got that one badly wrong.
I did get a run down to the game, and even for a neutral, the low scoring game was very entertaining. Walking out at the end I heard a few CPN supporters saying they kicked an awful lot of wides, but I have to give top marks to the Stone defence. They were forcing the shots from the wings. Every time a CPN player crossed the 50 they were met with a wall of red jerseys. CPN seemed to run out of ideas at the end.

I also have to say Ballymartin have to get credit for hosting the game, thought they done a great job considering they rarely get SFC games. The pitch and the lights were fantastic.

befair

Good game, the Stone were full value for the win; much better drilled and disciplined. They had slight wind advantage in the first half, but wind became much stronger in the second half and the Point couldn't make use of it.

On a side note, hats off the Ballymartin; their facilities really are superb and a credit to the club

Johnnysboys

Well that was a shambles... inept, no ideas, out fought, out thought and that's just the management.. missing players - yes - but getting v beat by a division 2 team (2022) is a farce and serious questions need asked of management.. to make matters worse - having a Longstone man on the management - surely he knew what matchups to make etc.. ffs football is frustrating..

Leftmidfield

We have been beaten twice this year (so far). Once  by Ballyholland (Shane Mulholland's club) and once by The Stone ( Polie's club). I think both clubs had extra incentive and a f**k you attitude

Brick Tamlin

Leftmidfield

Burren, Kilcoo and The Bridge can't beat us but ballyholland and Stone can. I am just pointing out the common denominator(s) !

Brick Tamlin

Yes you're right. The points new management team have been conspiring against them all along.