Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrifictommy

manwithnoplan

Quote from: thewobbler on September 09, 2021, 08:52:39 AM
Quote from: Truth hurts on September 09, 2021, 08:31:54 AM
No word of the Annaclone and Loughinisland game last night? If it was the RGU involved there would have been ten pages on it.

I think you'll find that when there's a 5-minute video of unpleasant scenes doing the rounds, it'll generate 10 pages.

The clubs involved are inconsequential.

But you carry on being paranoid.

There is a video going around, so what are you getting at?

And the clubs being inconsequential to whom exactly?

Truth hurts

I believe it's very important that the clubs are named and actions are taken, a video of fist fighting, people rolling around the ground after being struck, young kids being in close proximity, people heard shouting "get him" and "hit him". It's disgraceful and needs to be highlighted.

terrifictommy

Haven't seen it so can't comment. Don't even know which clubs are involved.
One in all in is too common now and a way to prevent it needs to be found.

bigarsedkeeper

Are you annoyed that there was a fight at an U19 match or that people aren't giving those clubs a hard time because your club did previously?

I haven't seen a video and wasn't at the match so can't comment on it.

Truth hurts

Firstly annoyed that people think it acceptable to have a free for all on a GAA pitch. Nothing is ever done about them as clubs always cry and appeal on a technicality.

Secondly, clubs in the county get less grief than other clubs when things such as this happen.

thewobbler

Quote from: Truth hurts on September 09, 2021, 02:04:02 PM
Firstly annoyed that people think it acceptable to have a free for all on a GAA pitch. Nothing is ever done about them as clubs always cry and appeal on a technicality.

Secondly, clubs in the county get less grief than other clubs when things such as this happen.

There's that paranoia again.

Truth hurts

Quote from: thewobbler on September 09, 2021, 02:12:46 PM

There's that paranoia again.

I call it facts, your club appealed the expulsion of the  senior championship after your fight in Kilcoo car park.

thewobbler

There were 7 neutral officials at the match, the chair of CCC was at the match, and a full length video of the incident was published and picked up by every media outlet in Ireland.

Both clubs were evidently guilty of bringing the game into disrepute. This was beyond dispute.

The severity of the punishments though is undefined for such occurrences so both clubs naturally did what they could to mitigate their initial sanctions.

But if you're expecting every melee to be investigated and administered in equal fashion, you need to understand that CCC are bound initially to the referee's report, and where appropriate and fair, the use of video evidence. If neither is conclusive in their need to deliver sanctions, then you really can't expect CCC to go on a wild goose hunt.

Harps v RGU in Kilcoo, in terms of misdemeanours to investigate, was beyond clear cut.

bigarsedkeeper

Annaclone have more than their fair share of heavy punishment over the years, before the days of lawyers appealing suspensions, so I don't know where you're getting that out of.

You've watched a clip on a video and want 2 smaller clubs smashed over the head because RGU got punished for being involved in high profile incidents.

Truth hurts

Quote from: bigarsedkeeper on September 09, 2021, 03:39:30 PM

Annaclone have more than their fair share of heavy punishment over the years, before the days of lawyers appealing suspensions, so I don't know where you're getting that out of.

You've watched a clip on a video and want 2 smaller clubs smashed over the head because RGU got punished for being involved in high profile incidents.

Annaclone getting punishment, somehow i find that hard to believe  ;D

Cuan12

If the two clubs are inconsequential god help us with the we  future of Down football, the Wobble Gob would be picking the county team from Newry/Warrenpoint, there isn't one club that can stand up and claim they have never been involved in a dust up, don't condone it but annoys me when people try to take the moral high ground, especially those dickheads among us from Burren or Warrenpoint.

Truth hurts

Quote from: Cuan12 on September 10, 2021, 07:50:27 AM
If the two clubs are inconsequential god help us with the we  future of Down football, the Wobble Gob would be picking the county team from Newry/Warrenpoint, there isn't one club that can stand up and claim they have never been involved in a dust up, don't condone it but annoys me when people try to take the moral high ground, especially those dickheads among us from Burren or Warrenpoint.

What have you again Burren and Warrenpoint?

thewobbler

Quote from: Cuan12 on September 10, 2021, 07:50:27 AM

Ah for fucks sake.

Read it again, without an agenda.

Whichever teams involved are inconsequential in terms of sanctions. Not inconsequential in terms of their worth as clubs. CCC don't judge the severity of sanctions by the colour of jerseys. That's the point I'm making.

Truth hurts

So Conor Deegans will be announced as the new senior manager soon, what are your thoiughts? Is he keeping it warm for Laverty?