Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

manwithnoplan

The scoreboard done the math. Accept it and move on.

Too many steps

Quote from: Johnnysboys on September 05, 2021, 09:38:43 PM

Mcavoy in corner back
Fitzpatrick in corner back
Tony Magee in wing half
McCarthy played on down U20s team and their seniors
Fitzpatrick in half forward
Seàn murdock
Murphy in full forward
Toner in corner forward.

Brought on Poland and Zach murdock and both played Friday night v Ballyholland

That's 10....

We had Azza, Nidge, givran, Seàn O'Hare, Aaron D'Arcy and brought on Byrne and JG
That's 7...
Do the math...
[/quote]

You can knock 5 off that Burren list. The 2 Fitzpatrick's, McAvoy, Magee and S Murdock haven't played for Burren in the senior league this year much - Sean and Mal might have played a few minutes as subs. Can't remember the other 3 featuring at all - think they may have been subs but can't remember them getting on.

McCarthy, Toner and Zach are still only 18 (they'd still be minors in the old u18 system) so it's not surprising they're getting game time in reserves to get them used to adult football. They've mostly been subs in the league and in Toners case is coming back from injury.

New management and new players in have changed the landscape a bit. So players who may have been 1st picks last year have might not be this year.

Anyway as wobbler cleared up there were only 13 players ineligible which in a squad the size of Burrens isn't a lot (I think I heard they had about 60 or more senior players registered this year).  Burren probably could have declared a full match day panel of 24 ineligible and still put out that starting line up.

So all within the rules of the competition - time to move on.

upandwin

Burren were by far the better team on Saturday, no complaints...comhairdeas to them for a thoroughly deserved win. Our lads looked nervous and made so many poor individual errors that were capitalised on by Burren. In all honesty, only for the ref it could have been worse for us on the day but I don't think there's a 16pt difference in those two teams. Still a good weekend, Friday was great for our club and I'm sure Burren celebrated their win on Saturday just as much, as they should.

In terms of Championship, it's as wide open a SFC as there's been in 10yrs. Kilcoo won't have a 100% PD, Ward or JJ for the first couple of rounds and that could prove tough for their squad. Their league campaign won't raise too many eyebrows as they don't worry too much about the league at this stage. I think Burren and Clonduff are still the main threat but Mayobridge can beat Kilcoo first round...

IMO from what I've seen and heard I'd have Burren slight favourite and Clonduff and Kilcoo and CPN at a par, just because of Kilcoo's injury concerns. With a fully fit squad they'd win the SFC again.

Truth hurts

Let's be honest, no reserve championship should be played before the senior championship as most teams were backfilled with senior players who would not normally play in reserve championships but every team has the same rules.
In ref SFC Kilcoo are still the big favourites, dont be kidding yourselves despite the injuries. The chasing pack led by CPN are much of a muchness . CPN, Burren, Clonduff, Mayobridge, and Carryduff.
Harps and RGU will also be dangerous.

ScarvaLegend

Quote from: Truth hurts on September 06, 2021, 01:14:42 PM
In ref SFC Kilcoo are still the big favourites, dont be kidding yourselves despite the injuries. The chasing pack led by CPN are much of a muchness . CPN, Burren, Clonduff, Mayobridge, and Carryduff.
Absolutely. It almost feels like we have this same discussion every year "oh Kilcoo aren't the team they were" then they get to yet another final, and all bar one win it. It definitely feels like the chasing pack are getting closer though and having more teams in it will make for a fantastic championship.

On that note, does anyone know if the county are doing a season ticket pass like they have in Armagh and Derry?

Truth hurts

Quote from: ScarvaLegend on September 06, 2021, 01:30:41 PM
Quote from: Truth hurts on September 06, 2021, 01:14:42 PM
Absolutely. It almost feels like we have this same discussion every year "oh Kilcoo aren't the team they were" then they get to yet another final, and all bar one win it. It definitely feels like the chasing pack are getting closer though and having more teams in it will make for a fantastic championship.

On that note, does anyone know if the county are doing a season ticket pass like they have in Armagh and Derry?

How much are they, would love something like that, or a season pass for the streamed games. Any odds on intermediate?

ScarvaLegend

Over in Derry, £70. £80 for Armagh. Sounds like a lot but let's be realistic, the lowest amount we'd be charged in to games is £8, maybe even £10 or £12. Given the fact there's 27 games in the senior championship alone, you could easily take in 8-10 games in the first two rounds and the rest of the championship would effectively be free for you.

Truth hurts

a even a round pass for £30 would be good

Truth hurts

Well down to Bright on winning division 4 , they are a club on the up.

ck

Anyone know when the C/ship draw is on?

SamFever

Truth hurts

No word of the Annaclone and Loughinisland game last night? If it was the RGU involved there would have been ten pages on it.

thewobbler

Quote from: Truth hurts on September 09, 2021, 08:31:54 AM
No word of the Annaclone and Loughinisland game last night? If it was the RGU involved there would have been ten pages on it.

I think you'll find that when there's a 5-minute video of unpleasant scenes doing the rounds, it'll generate 10 pages.

The clubs involved are inconsequential.

But you carry on being paranoid.

Sandstorm

The ten pages was generated by a 'lady' supporter of RGU putting up the video so don't complain when it goes viral.