Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Truth hurts

I am only seeing this now, why are Annaclone, Bosco, and Banbridge not fielding tonight?

redandblackareback

Quote from: Smurfy123 on August 27, 2021, 12:45:05 PM
Harps will have to much for Carryduff tonight. Carryduff bubble has well and truly burst
Kilcoo by 5
CPN by 8
Clonduff by 5

I see another 4 teams couldn't be bothered playing tonight

Who exactly would you like to see in as manager then if the above are not good enough? You talk about experience
Like who
We need to be realistic

Realistic? Dont make me laugh, this is a job that would be sought after the length and breadth of the country, are you trying to tell me Down job is a less attractive proposition than Louth wise up. We need fresh start, stop giving the buddies the job, zero connections to Queens, Jack Devanney and Sean og McAteer, no links to current clubs, no former players etc etc we have tried all this and it hasn't worked. Now is time for a totally fresh approach, look what happened in Derry when Rory Gallagher landed, he united the whole county, watch them storm past us next year as we twiddle away another 2/3 years wasted time and money on bluffers.

Smurfy123

But who red and black?
It's ok saying this and that
Who can we realistically get?

redandblackareback

Quote from: Smurfy123 on August 27, 2021, 01:22:30 PM
But who red and black?

That's the job for the expert 5 man panel, that's why they were appointed, but please don't come back to us with previous failures, former players, queen's old boys or someone off the buddy list. The people of Down deserve better. Antrim got McGinley, Derry got Gallagher, Armagh wanted someone got Donaghy, Monaghan got Buckley, Donegal got Rochford, just look at that list in comparison and tell me we can't do better?

ScarvaLegend

A very disappointing remark to make. You've absolutely no idea what's going on within some of these clubs. I was at a lower league game recently where both teams were straight up 15 v 15, no subs at all available for either side. Some of these clubs have senior squads of 20 or even less, and one or two injuries, covid cases or suspensions, not to mention work or family commitments, can scupper a club's ability to put a team on the field.

We can't all be blessed with the numbers to be able to put three senior level teams on the field every week.

manwithnoplan

Quote from: ScarvaLegend on August 27, 2021, 03:36:14 PM

A very disappointing remark to make. You've absolutely no idea what's going on within some of these clubs. I was at a lower league game recently where both teams were straight up 15 v 15, no subs at all available for either side. Some of these clubs have senior squads of 20 or even less, and one or two injuries, covid cases or suspensions, not to mention work or family commitments, can scupper a club's ability to put a team on the field.

We can't all be blessed with the numbers to be able to put three senior level teams on the field every week.

I wouldn't worry about that statement, if you read through the message board this particular "contributor" is full of negativity and sniping remarks. All reasonable people understand the struggles facing many club teams right now.

supersub

Quote from: redandblackareback on August 27, 2021, 02:51:55 PM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on August 27, 2021, 01:22:30 PM
But who red and black?

That's the job for the expert 5 man panel, that's why they were appointed, but please don't come back to us with previous failures, former players, queen's old boys or someone off the buddy list. The people of Down deserve better. Antrim got McGinley, Derry got Gallagher, Armagh wanted someone got Donaghy, Monaghan got Buckley, Donegal got Rochford, just look at that list in comparison and tell me we can't do better?

A complete kop out answer after a scathing initial comment. You may as well have posted nothing. If you've such a strong opinion lay out who you think this saviour should be.

Smurfy123

Agree supersub. Who do you want in as manager?
Don't come with Gavin or that.
No I was stating teams have forfeited matches if anyone really thinks it's covid need to get real. Can't play Friday but good for Monday. Get real.

Rostrevor poor tonight. Sad to see. A lot of young players. Maybe a tough year for them but it will stand by them next year where it really counts

supersub

Poor indeed, serious turnover of (mainly top13) players from last year has been a major contributing factor to the team/squad. A few hefty defeats has probably knocked confidence too.

ScarvaLegend

Quote from: Smurfy123 on August 27, 2021, 11:36:48 PM
No I was stating teams have forfeited matches if anyone really thinks it's covid need to get real. Can't play Friday but good for Monday. Get real.

Covid can be a factor, but one of many potential possibilities. Again, you've no idea what's going on within these clubs. I'd advise you not to comment further on the matter as you are clearly unaware of the current struggles of a lot of clubs. You don't seem to realise that some clubs are operating at bare bones, and as you come from a club with three senior level teams, your responses stink of 'spoilt child' syndrome.

befair

Clonduff have really taken their eye of the ball; defeats to Carryduff and, more surprisingly, Bryansford, have left CPN in the driving seat

SamFever

Harps will have to much for Carryduff tonight. Carryduff bubble has well and truly burst
Kilcoo by 5
CPN by 8
Clonduff by 5

Who exactly would you like to see in as manager then if the above are not good enough? You talk about experience
Like who
We need to be realistic
The mighty CPN didn't turn up for Feile today. Any reason for this Smurfy?

Godsown

Concentrating on SFC but think there was a curse put on them same time as Mayo.

Johnnysboys

First final of the year secured and should be strong favourites to win it with the experience we have on the panel.. Burren are a youthful setup so we should have too much for them..

upandwin

Burren will win the PRFC...CPN have a decent team but there were only a few teams that could win the PRFC...Burren are the best team by a street, Kilcoo and Clonduff next. CPN have played nobody decent until Carryduff. Burren will walk the final, their seconds would beat most senior teams...loads of U20s playing and that was a lot of the team who came through unbeaten in the whole of underage football. Burren people have never been more confident and they all say they will win the SFC and PRFC this year...they won't be beaten again this year at senior level...