Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smurfy123

Well it's out first year of thirds so what do you expect?
It was my first game I seen them playing
I'm certain that Kilcoo thirds team clean up they are strong
But as I said I haven't followed it just our top 2 teams
On that note that Kilcoo thirds team would walk division 4 at a canter.

Truth hurts

Quote from: Smurfy123 on August 23, 2021, 10:18:01 AM
Well it's out first year of thirds so what do you expect?
It was my first game I seen them playing
I'm certain that Kilcoo thirds team clean up they are strong
But as I said I haven't followed it just our top 2 teams
On that note that Kilcoo thirds team would walk division 4 at a canter.

LOL Now a thirds team would win division 4 , wise up will you

Smurfy123

No I said KILCOO thirds would win division 4
I didn't say a thirds team I said Kilcoo
And they would

Truth hurts

Quote from: Smurfy123 on August 23, 2021, 10:33:49 AM
No I said KILCOO thirds would win division 4
I didn't say a thirds team I said Kilcoo
And they would

Because they hammered your thirds team? You are deluded

Smurfy123

No because they are an extremely talented thirds team
They would beat most seconds team and all
Anyway you brought up thirds I'm just giving my opinion like you

Nanderson

Quote from: Smurfy123 on August 23, 2021, 01:42:26 AM
What's with a division 2 team not wanting to travel to an away game and being accused of using Covid as the reason? Big big accusation that. And really can't prove that it is not covid. The same team played Friday night so they must have got covid results over the weekend
Few boys isolating as far as I'm aware on a squad that is already light enough due to several long term injuries that have been picked up this season. Those few boys isolating would have made the difference in fielding or not so covid is a valid excuse

Smurfy123

But they fielded Friday night at home

Truth hurts

Nanderson

Quote from: Smurfy123 on August 23, 2021, 12:49:16 PM
But they fielded Friday night at home
And have since picked up another long term arm injury and a head injury.

manwithnoplan

So a team, already missing players, lost a couple more and now cannot field. Seems like a fairly realistic scenario, not sure what the fuss is about.

Truth hurts

Surely with the build-up of fixtures, Saul should be happy.

Johnnysboys

A few interesting results tonight.. Clonduffs to lose now...

terrifictommy

Surely it'll come down to last game between the current top 2... Interesting end to the league

upandwin

Clonduff's to lose? Was looking at the table last night and it seems wide open but as far as I can see, only CPN have their fate in their own hands? If they win the last four games then they win the league? If Carryduff beat the Point next week then that opens the door for themselves and Clonduff and Kilcoo...with the yellas and Magpies playing each other on the last day of the season...

Warrenpoint have to be slight favourites at this stage but Carryduff is a very tricky place to go and get a result so nothing is given...I fully expect them to beat Rostrevor and the Ford but Ballyholland is never a straight forward fixture so tonight will be interesting, looking forward to that one...wonder what sort of side both teams will have available.

Were there any reports on last night's games? Rostrevor took another absolute hammering...they've gone to the dogs altogether. Clonduff are a great team but surely the reds can be better set up than getting beat by 13pts. Lots of rumblings about players not happy with their management, hard to make sense of it all from the outside looking in.