Paul Grimley - Statement to Armagh fans

Started by ranch, May 23, 2013, 12:04:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ranch

Quote from: Orior on June 10, 2013, 08:19:05 PM
Once again, a leaky defence and fulls backs being hung out to dry.

Plan A might work against Antrim if enough of their panel head of to USA, but then again....

Is this what happened? Or are you guessing that from the result? Genuine question by the way.

DuffleKing

We're back. Bet the shite outta dem derry heurs last night. Book the city west, we're on the road again...

armaghniac

I'm putting my money on Leitrim, who are obviously 17 points better than Derry, judging by these challenge games.  ::)
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

naka

Somebody in the squad leaking news doesn't help
Armagh beat Wexford by 10 last night
Morgan chb
Mc keever and dyas didn't play
Although a sweeper did?

T Fearon

Disturbing reports in I News today that Armagh players pleaded for tactical changes at half time at Breffni Park, but these were dismissed out of hand by the Fuhrer.

yellowcard

Quote from: T Fearon on June 19, 2013, 03:34:37 PM
Disturbing reports in I News today that Armagh players pleaded for tactical changes at half time at Breffni Park, but these were dismissed out of hand by the Fuhrer.

Haven't seen the paper but these sort of leaks are always concerning. Back when McGeeney ran the Armagh dressing room this would simply not have happened. Nothing got out, and the same applies with Donegal and McGuinness now.

theticklemister

Quote from: yellowcard on June 19, 2013, 04:53:04 PM

Haven't seen the paper but these sort of leaks are always concerning. Back when McGeeney ran the Armagh dressing room this would simply not have happened. Nothing got out, and the same applies with Donegal and McGuinness now.

THE ONLY THING THAT GOT OUT FROM THE DONEGAL CAMP DURING MCGUINNESS' REIGN WAS KEVIN CASSIDY.

Armamike

This story is nothing new - been doing the rounds since the Monday after the Cavan game.
For once Heaney is on the money with this though.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Orior

Who was it that thought Paul Grimley's Armagh would not win one game this year?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

orangeman

Quote from: Orior on July 17, 2013, 11:45:54 PM

Some boy Brolly.

But to be fair Armagh have been fed cannon fodder since the Cavan game.

Don't forget that Galway went out of last year's championship in Casement Park ( no disrespect meant to Antrim ).

Cork will be the real tester of how good Armagh are.

Brolly certainly has lit them up and they had no mercy at all last Saturday.

DJGaliv

Quote from: orangeman on July 17, 2013, 11:53:27 PM
Don't forget that Galway went out of last year's championship in Casement Park ( no disrespect meant to Antrim ).

Whereas Armagh lost to who last year? Kerry? Tyrone? I can't remember now.

Nice confidence coming through now. Grimley is the messiah it seems, he has risen again

orangeman

Quote from: DJGaliv on July 18, 2013, 10:22:28 AM

Nice confidence coming through now. Grimley is the messiah it seems, he has risen again

Tyrone in Athletic Grounds.

Armagh should have beaten Tyrone that day - Finny Mo taken off when doing a superb job on Harte - Harte took off when Finny was replaced. And then they started to lump ball into the square - buns to a bear.

yellowcard

Some boy Brolly.

But to be fair Armagh have been fed cannon fodder since the Cavan game.

Silly presumptuous statement. Galway in Pearse Stadium will be a difficult task I feel, if we were playing at home I would be confident of a win but based on League form Galway are probably at least the equal of Armagh. I suppose a lot depends on the Galway players attitude, they have been one of the poorest teams when it comes to their appetite for the qualifiers in recent years.

DJGaliv

Quote from: orangeman on July 18, 2013, 10:42:51 AM
Quote from: DJGaliv on July 18, 2013, 10:22:28 AM

Tyrone in Athletic Grounds.

Armagh should have beaten Tyrone that day - Finny Mo taken off when doing a superb job on Harte - Harte took off when Finny was replaced. And then they started to lump ball into the square - buns to a bear.

Like for like - Armagh lost to Roscommon in the qualifiers, as Galway lost to Antrim.

I think both counties have a lot to prove after last year

lawnseed

Armagh just don't feel right to me. the whole thing has a 'lack lustre' do rightly vibe. the manager "will hang around until someone better comes along', the reemergence of peter McDonnell, (already tried and failed)... the Morgan row.. then the disastrous cavan game.. followed up by players feckin off during the championship and on and on. what's going on? great players just not performing! Arron kernan former young footballer of the year- poor. ciaron mckeever captained Ireland against oz-poor. the players look unfit,disinterested and leaderless.
there 'IS' something rotten in the middle of this orchard. is it the lack of funds? maybe the players and the team are underfunded. has doing up "fortress athletic grounds" scuppered our county teams ambitions? do senior players like mckeever and kernan see their careers ebbing away and are just punching in the time? malachy mackin? what happened there? he was great in the league then dropped??? what ever is wrong ITS NOT WORKING!!!
We need to recognise that football is changing. the fast paced all-out Dublin style or the attritional Donegal style seems to be the way to go. we don't have the pace for Dublin's way so maybe a return to our attacking wingbacks and the diagonal ball to the forwards. either way if I were the manager i'd be handing the players dvds of matches featuring Andy McCann and cathal o rourke, ger reid players of lesser physical and football ability but guys who found a role in the making of a great team
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once