Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Quote from: JuniorBAllstar on April 22, 2020, 09:36:33 AM
Quote from: WT4E on April 21, 2020, 10:51:02 PM
Forget about football this year lads.

Only person that seems to be talking about of sense. Who gives a f**k about football in times like this

So we should all sit at home in isolation and think and talk about nothing other than the impending doom? Catch a grip.
That was never a square ball!!

Smurfy123

Some doom and gloom merchants about the place. You would think a lot of people are getting a hit out of sayin we will have no football.
2 choices
Wait for a vaccine and cancel all sport for 3/4 years
Get out and get on with it whilst taking all the measures possible. (Temperature taken, Washing hands, Come to matches stripped, if sick stay away)
Let's be real lads the comedown from this will cause more deaths in the north than the virus. Now you may say it's only sport but it's a lot of people lives.

laceer

As much as I'd love football to be played this Summer there's a much bigger picture here. How could we send a team out to play with a risk that one of the lads could contract this virus from a teammate or opponent? Or that someone who shows up to watch is infected? Or the physio? Is it practical to test everyone who plays, manages or attends every game up and down the country?
I know I wouldn't be putting my lad in that harm's way over the sake of a game of football.

RedHand88

Quote from: Smurfy123 on April 22, 2020, 12:40:29 PM
Some doom and gloom merchants about the place. You would think a lot of people are getting a hit out of sayin we will have no football.
2 choices
Get out and get on with it whilst taking all the measures possible. (Temperature taken, Washing hands, Come to matches stripped, if sick stay away)
Let's be real lads the comedown from this will cause more deaths in the north than the virus. Now you may say it's only sport but it's a lot of people lives.

Its only sport.

Christmas Lights

2 choices

You reckon the cure cant be worse than the disease Smurfy123?

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: RedHand88 on April 22, 2020, 03:54:57 PM
2 choices

Its only sport.

Only have to read recent interviews with Ronan McNamee and Cathal McCarron etc to realise that "it's only sport", but to them it was something that kept them going in very dark days. I'm sure there are many more articles that will attest to the benefit of sport that has kept people from going or doing things, that looking back I'm sure they are very glad they did not.

What Smurfy, I think is trying to say, it's all some people have and you have no idea what might happen lads that have this focus in life now completely gone and it's a very appropriate point to make as we delve deeper into the understanding of mental health in Ireland.

trailer

Quote from: JuniorBAllstar on April 22, 2020, 09:36:33 AM
Quote from: WT4E on April 21, 2020, 10:51:02 PM
Forget about football this year lads.

Only person that seems to be talking about of sense. Who gives a f**k about football in times like this

Please present yourself to a trained medical practitioner.

Goals_Will_Come

Behind-closed-doors sports listed to resume in Phase 3 (June 29), but only where participants can resume social distancing

Team sports like Soccer and GAA projected to resume under Phase 4 (July 20), subject to limits on attendance and social distancing

Angelo

Looks like no more association football will be played in front of spectators in 2020 in the big leagues.

Hard to see any intercounty GAA action this year as a result.

Think they should endeavour to finish the leagues off behind closed doors and the U20 Championship but I'd forget about the intercounty championship for this year.

Club season could conceivably go ahead as you should be able to control spectator social distancing.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

redzone

Quote from: Angelo on May 01, 2020, 08:37:53 PM
Looks like no more association football will be played in front of spectators in 2020 in the big leagues.

Think they should endeavour to finish the leagues off behind closed doors and the U20 Championship but I'd forget about the intercounty championship for this year.

Club season could conceivably go ahead as you should be able to control spectator social distancing.
How do you propose the social distancing with players

redzone

Quote from: redzone on May 01, 2020, 10:59:14 PM

In 1 round in Tyrone acl you would have over a 1000 players involved in both reserve and senior every weekend, never mind training. Multiple that by 32 counties. You can't serious saying club football could go ahead

Angelo

It depends when contact sports will be going ahead. I presume we will get to a stage in September where they will be lifting many of the restrictions.

Without a vaccine that means social distancing is a necessity but does that mean no contact sports will be played across the world for the next 2/3 years? No, it doesn't.

redzone

Quote from: Angelo on May 02, 2020, 08:04:03 AM

It depends when contact sports will be going ahead. I presume we will get to a stage in September where they will be lifting many of the restrictions.

Without a vaccine that means social distancing is a necessity but does that mean no contact sports will be played across the world for the next 2/3 years? No, it doesn't.
Professional sports that have the money to test players and keep them quartined yes, but for someone to say that club could go ahead is very naiave indeed. You don't understand what the gaa is about if that's your take on it

Angelo

Quote from: redzone on May 02, 2020, 11:37:13 AM
Quote from: Angelo on May 02, 2020, 08:04:03 AM

Professional sports that have the money to test players and keep them quartined yes, but for someone to say that club could go ahead is very naiave indeed. You don't understand what the gaa is about if that's your take on it

It's not what the GAA want, it will be what people want. There is plenty of signs of people getting restless about the lockdown. The virus is out there and it's not going away, what is being done is trying to control the spread of it so ICUs aren't swarmed.

We are far more likely to see sports at an amateur level return than high volume spectator sports, so in that essence I think we are likely to see club football return before county football in that regard. When and if will depend on the progress made against controlling the spread to an acceptable level.