Stephen Cluxton

Started by Tommo2, September 18, 2011, 05:34:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gael85

Quote from: mup on July 09, 2021, 10:16:14 PM
Quote from: TheGreatest on July 09, 2021, 07:56:51 AM
Quote from: trailer on July 08, 2021, 10:09:09 PM
Parkinson had plenty to say on it. Doesn't seem to have much love for Cluxton.

It was no bother to Scruff taking the dollar to play for  Parnells, Scruff has a chip with everyone. Cluxton didn't like that all the mercs were joining the senior team, he probably did not like scruff and all the other blow ins.

Oh the irony of Cluxton not liking the mercs in his club.

No bother with it when playing for Dublin.

;D ;D When did Kildare people get so bitter?

Blowitupref

First time in 19 cup presentations to a Dublin captain it hasn't been Stephen Cluxton.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Silkyskillssunshinee

Quote from: Blowitupref on August 01, 2021, 06:01:03 PM
First time in 19 cup presentations to a Dublin captain it hasn't been Stephen Cluxton.

Fair sure Johnny Cooper was captain against Laois in the Leinster Final  a couple years ago and Comerford was in goal.

yellowcard

Was Dessie asked about Cluxton in the post match interview today?

Halfquarter

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 08, 2021, 09:55:09 PM
Glen Whelan never retired from playing for Ireland.

Cluxton is doing the same!

Or Ciaran McDonald never retired from Mayo 😀

larryin89

Quote from: Halfquarter on August 01, 2021, 08:29:07 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on July 08, 2021, 09:55:09 PM
Glen Whelan never retired from playing for Ireland.

Cluxton is doing the same!

Or Ciaran McDonald never retired from Mayo 😀

He wasnt picked or a more accurate description woiuld be he was ostracised by johnno
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

yellowcard

McDonald and Whelan were deemed surplus to requirements. The situation with Cluxton is different where the player has opted out himself. Most people can deduce at this stage that there has been a falling out between player and manager. I know Dublin are well schooled in saying absolutely nothing in media interviews but the media have given them a free ride on the Cluxton situation.

In hiding

Quote from: yellowcard on August 01, 2021, 08:41:25 PM
McDonald and Whelan were deemed surplus to requirements. The situation with Cluxton is different where the player has opted out himself. Most people can deduce at this stage that there has been a falling out between player and manager. I know Dublin are well schooled in saying absolutely nothing in media interviews but the media have given them a free ride on the Cluxton situation.
Why are you interested if Cluxton and his manager have fallen out.
Let it go

yellowcard

Quote from: In hiding on August 01, 2021, 08:43:11 PM
Let it go

Of course the Dubs themselves want to let it go or continue to pretend that it's not an issue. But I've had several debates at the local GAA club over the Cluxton situation and people are genuinely interested in it - I think that's only natural for the unexplained absence of the captain of the current AI champions.

It was never going to be an issue as Dublin breezed through Leinster but if Dublin don't win the AI title this year then even Dublin fans themselves will want to know why their captain opted out pre championship.

Baile Brigín 2

Let it go

Sorry but nope. The mainstay of the best team of all time retiring on the sly is going to be discussed

StPatsAbu

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on August 01, 2021, 09:43:56 PM
Let it go

Sorry but nope. The mainstay of the best team of all time retiring on the sly is going to be discussed
Best financed team of all time you mean. He'll sure miss that gravy train.

TheGreatest

It was no bother to Scruff taking the dollar to play for  Parnells, Scruff has a chip with everyone. Cluxton didn't like that all the mercs were joining the senior team, he probably did not like scruff and all the other blow ins.

A jealousy comment.

This is the attitude that will leave all other counties behind, i hope you dont bring this attitude to your club scene.

The Subbie

Quote from: Gael85 on July 09, 2021, 05:16:06 PM
Quote from: thejuice on July 09, 2021, 04:10:09 PM
Trying to remember who played in goals for Dublin between John O'Leary and Cluxton. I'm sure there must have been one or two.

David Byrne played in goal in 98-01. He managed Ratoath in Meath for a couple years.

Played football with Davy Byrne in what was the then Dundalk RTC ( now IT)
Great fella and keeper

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: The Subbie on August 09, 2021, 12:07:06 PM
Played football with Davy Byrne in what was the then Dundalk RTC ( now IT)
Great fella and keeper

He played in the two big games against Kerry in Thurles in 2001 and I seem to recall a bad error that cost a goal. That match (replay) of course was the end of the road that year for Dublin and Cluxton was in in 2002.

I've said it before, but Dublin have more or less had three great goalkeepers in the number one jersey since the early seventies, which beggars belief! 

tonto1888

Quote from: TheGreatest on August 09, 2021, 08:57:42 AM

A jealousy comment.

This is the attitude that will leave all other counties behind, i hope you dont bring this attitude to your club scene.

Best t ignore that poster. A complete WUM