Meath Vs Kildare - 5/6/2011, Páirc an Chrócaigh

Started by thejuice, May 22, 2011, 05:36:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mylestheslasher

Harsh calls against meath but at least the best team on the day won this game.

joemamas

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on June 05, 2011, 03:25:06 PM
Quote from: maigheo on June 05, 2011, 03:23:02 PM
dissallowed goal for GG

looked legit. Ref must have gave it, or else the other umpire, cause the young boy grabbed the green flag straight away

you can see all the louth smiles from here !

Screwed up thing it could be your or my county next week. gross incompetence

oakleafgael

Better team won but the Doyle family rode Meath from start to finish.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: oakleafgael on June 05, 2011, 03:33:57 PM
Better team won but the Doyle family rode Meath from start to finish.

maybe they are related to Johnny
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Rossfan

Best team won , a great 3rd Quarter esp by  Callaghan.
Seeing replays I felt Geraghty was in square . sending off looked too much.
RTE a disaster - game throwing in by the time they left Spillanebrolly bullshit , Morrissey worse than , usual ( if that's possible) " Meath not going tommake any changes yet" seconds after camera showed a Meath man going off, then he discovered they had made 2 subs, didnt know that when ball touches a ref it's a hop ball , when the ref moved the ball forward once he sadi "dissent2" although it was obvious it was for standing in the way, next game is also live on Sunday Game ........  Kearney annoying as usual...
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

spuds

Better team won, crazy sending off and the goal being disallowed by ref while overuling umpires is bizarre.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Farrandeelin

If I was a Meath man I'd be well pissed off with that refereeing decision about the goal. The sending off probably shouldn't be either. Sure Bolton lashed out too. Anyway, Kildare were fitter in 2nd half and deserved to win, but my God they are as bad as Mayo when it comes to shooting.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 05, 2011, 03:50:06 PM
If I was a Meath man I'd be well pissed off with that refereeing decision about the goal. The sending off probably shouldn't be either. Sure Bolton lashed out too. Anyway, Kildare were fitter in 2nd half and deserved to win, but my God they are as bad as Mayo when it comes to shooting.

ah now, come on :D

Capt Pat

Meath can't complain. The ref gave them a Leinster championship last year. He has throen them out today.

Dinny Breen

What was the Meath player sent off for? nobody in the stand had a clue!!

As for disallowed goal, the majority of accounts seem to dictate it should have stood so coupled with the sending-off  we definitely got fortuitous as the whole dynamic would have changed entering the last 10 minutes but I think when we raised the intensity of the game in the 2nd half we were much the better team. Meath I thought were very clever slowing down the game in the 1st half meaning we were quite ponderous and our half-back line were taking too much out of the ball and having a cut themselves from 35/40m with awful awful results, I think Chalky, Flanagan, MOF and Bolton must have been responsible for half those wides. In the 2nd half half we moved the ball much quicker with far better results.

Anyhow no trophies handed out in June so nice to win two championship games conceding only 15 points in total.

Sure we'll give it a lash against the Dubs now.
#newbridgeornowhere

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 05, 2011, 06:31:30 PM
What was the Meath player sent off for? nobody in the stand had a clue!!

As for disallowed goal, the majority of accounts seem to dictate it should have stood so coupled with the sending-off  we definitely got fortuitous as the whole dynamic would have changed entering the last 10 minutes but I think when we raised the intensity of the game in the 2nd half we were much the better team. Meath I thought were very clever slowing down the game in the 1st half meaning we were quite ponderous and our half-back line were taking too much out of the ball and having a cut themselves from 35/40m with awful awful results, I think Chalky, Flanagan, MOF and Bolton must have been responsible for half those wides. In the 2nd half half we moved the ball much quicker with far better results.

Anyhow no trophies handed out in June so nice to win two championship games conceding only 15 points in total.

Sure we'll give it a lash against the Dubs now.

he slapped bolton on the shoulder. horrific !!

INDIANA

Extremely impressed with Kildare. I think they'll beat Dublin in the semi-final.

Very fit, well organised and only lack a little bit of composure in front of goal to become a genuine all-ireland contender in my view.

A leinster title is needed by Mc Geeney to keep the masses happy in Kildare. I think their need will be greater in the semi final.

Terrible decision by the ref for the goal. That ref shouldnt get another game this summer. Has to be accountability.

However Kildare were 6-7 points a better side over the 70 mins in my opinion.

rolloutking

Anyone claiming that it is 'karma' or 'just what they deserve' in relation to Meaths disallowed goal is a typical bar stool analyst, know it all and know nothing narrow minded and simplistic fool.

If it was a legal goal it should have stood regardless of what has happened in the past.

agorm

Quote from: rolloutking on June 05, 2011, 07:06:57 PM
Anyone claiming that it is 'karma' or 'just what they deserve' in relation to Meaths disallowed goal is a typical bar stool analyst, know it all and know nothing narrow minded and simplistic fool.

If it was a legal goal it should have stood regardless of what has happened in the past.

I agree - however people like Mylestheslasher and some of the Louth crew do need something to cheer about and I wouldnt begrudge them that.  We have had our days in the sun and we cannot be champions every year. The referee did have a nightmare and I agree with Indiana in that he should be spared from any other teams this year. Whoever wrote that the GAA is truly f*cked if that is a sending off got it spot on.

Regarding the game I felt that the first half was very even as we had expected. Both teams had plenty of chances and possession was generally even. Meath missed a few chances and couldd have gone in a bot more ahead - however Kildare did hit their usual quota of wides.

Kildare were very slow coming out on to the pitch for the 2nd half and the Meath players were left hanging around for a few minutes. Once the half started however Kildare were on a different level to Meath and won the game in the 1st 15 minutes of the half. I think they scored 6 points in a row at that time, dominated possession in the middle third of the field and moved the ball much more fluidly. Of course the referees decisions could have influenced the result but we will never know.It is annoying from a Meath point of view but we cannot complain because, had we made a comeback, it would have been against the run of play in game overall.

To me the ineptitude of the ref's performance is just another in a line that includes last years Leinster final, a game I would have liked to have seen replayed as stated at the time on several threads. However, it is a totally different game and to try to link them as a few have done is just a bit silly.

Well done kildare, lets hope they can start to build on performances & get some silverware.