Meath Vs Kildare - 5/6/2011, Páirc an Chrócaigh

Started by thejuice, May 22, 2011, 05:36:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Claw

Quote from: DB_An_Mhi on June 04, 2011, 11:58:35 AM
The current economic situation doesn't help but if we are honest, Meath have a very poor support over more recent years considering our proximity to HQ. It is a case of quality (supporters) rather than quantity.
Couldn''t agree more DB, Meath fans have a very poor record recently in attending games and it disappoints me. As you say though, those that do attend are good supporters.

Main Street

The hype over this match has overshadowed the support act.
I wish Seamus (where there is harmony, let me bring discord) McEnaney all the best in his first championship game for Meath.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Jinxy

Quote from: Main Street on June 04, 2011, 02:03:11 PM
The hype over this match has overshadowed the support act.
I wish Seamus (where there is harmony, let me bring discord) McEnaney all the best in his first championship game for Meath.

True.
It's not fair on the Dubs and Laois.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

agorm

Very surprised that the ticket sales are so low.

However, because people know the game wont sellout many people leave it later & later to get tickets. I know a few people that say they are going but dont have tickets yet. The worry would be for GAA that because they havent got them yet that they would decide not to go at the last minute.

From a Meath point of view I am not surprised that they have low ticket sales. i have my own tickets but it is perfectly understandable as Banty's reign could be described as car crash management at best. One win in 9 competitive games or something like that & his alienation of management does not encourage people to go especially when the game is televised. Another side issue is that we have got crap tickets for the last few years - the family tickets are always in obscure parts of the stadium and the normal tickets we get are never near the centre. As a result I rarely get from the club lately.

I have also noticed that club championship games are just as expensive as during the boom. I suggested to our club chairman that club members should get  a reduction in championship games but he replied that the clubs need the money they get. I can see a drop in attendances at club games also - the problems facing people nationally is also there locally but the people running our games dont see it.

Anyway here's hoping for tomorrow. I think it will be close and wouldnt rule out extra time.

Donnellys Hollow

Should be a good match tomorrow as it nearly always is when these two teams clash. I have a feeling we're going to struggle without our first choice midfield pairing and all the paper talk re McEnaney/Geraghty is bound to get a big reaction from the Meath lads. If we can get Johnny into the match then I'd be hopeful we'll edge home but if Meath put the shackles on him then Kildare are in trouble. Bring on the belly ticklin'!!!!

CILL DARA ABÚ
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Hardy

I'm going, but only because I'm in Meath for the weekend. I wouldn't have travelled from Cork. The carry on over the last twelve months has sapped the enthusiasm that has illuminated and almost defined my summers since I was a kid. Until this year, I couldn't have imagined contemplating giving a miss to Meath's first outing in the championship. There's a feeling of a lack of honour in the whole enterprise. It's tawdry. What is McEnaney's purpose? Why does he want to be Meath manager? What is it all about? I'm sorry, but I can't get beyond these questions.

On the other hand, why am I apologising? What have I done to be sorry for? Whatever has happened to Meath football, and I haven't a clue what it is, it wasn't perpetrated by me or the people to whom it meant so much for decades.

What does it mean to McEnaney?

Blowitupref

Hardy, this time last year ye fired five goals past the Dubs to lift the spirits what's to say the same can't happen tomorrow?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

DB_An_Mhi

Wet this morning down in Navan, what's it like in the capital?

Groucho

Quote from: DB_An_Mhi on June 05, 2011, 10:40:11 AM

Raining here in Armagh also ;)
I like to see the fairways more narrow, then everyone would have to play from the rough, not just me

CavanCola

DB_An_Mhi

Quote from: Groucho on June 05, 2011, 10:45:57 AM
Quote from: DB_An_Mhi on June 05, 2011, 10:40:11 AM

Raining here in Armagh also ;)
Would you lot not keep the rain up there for the afternoon, help the apples to grow.

Might have similar underfoot conditions to ye're opener; same result would do nicely.

Jinxy

Soft day lads.
I'm worried that'll suit Kildares big, slow mullockers.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Dinny Breen

Bob, I got a bad feeling on this one, all right? I mean I got a bad feeling!
#newbridgeornowhere

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 05, 2011, 12:11:54 PM
Bob, I got a bad feeling on this one, all right? I mean I got a bad feeling!

Kildare by 5

Meath are desperate at the minute
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea