FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Entertaining enough game and I think you can see Kennys vision for the team becoming more solid. We looked relatively comfortable at the back for a change and opened up Portugal a few times. The next qualifying campaign the results will have to follow as the honeymoon period will be over then.

The booing of Ronaldo was a tiresome sideshow. He shut them up showing a little of class at the end giving his jersey to the young girl who ran on the pitch. Why the need to boo a player just because he is world class or for god knows what reason.

Milltown Row2

Are the republic below Luxembourg because they haven't played them yet?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Quote from: Itchy on November 12, 2021, 11:14:39 AM
Entertaining enough game and I think you can see Kennys vision for the team becoming more solid. We looked relatively comfortable at the back for a change and opened up Portugal a few times. The next qualifying campaign the results will have to follow as the honeymoon period will be over then.

The booing of Ronaldo was a tiresome sideshow. He shut them up showing a little of class at the end giving his jersey to the young girl who ran on the pitch. Why the need to boo a player just because he is world class or for god knows what reason.

There are too many LIverpool fans. The same happened Fernandes when he went off...

MR2 because of results. Far from given we'll beat them.

Itchy

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 12, 2021, 11:26:23 AM
Quote from: Itchy on November 12, 2021, 11:14:39 AM

There are too many LIverpool fans. The same happened Fernandes when he went off...

MR2 because of results. Far from given we'll beat them.

You think people would identify as Irish fans first and Liverpool/Man Utd fans 2nd. My kids were there and they were looking forward to seeing Ronaldo and while he wasnt at his best they will remember fat arm chair fans roaring at him that he is a sex offender and booing him instead. This is why I can never understand this "we" fascination with English club soccer.

laoislad

I've been at games where ex and current Rangers players were booed, no one seemed to care afterwards. Can't see any difference to the booing last night. Not that I agree with booing anyways but if it's wrong to boo Ronaldo then it's wrong to boo any player..
Bit ridiculous also for anyone to suggest it was Liverpool Irish fans doing all the booing...
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Armagh18

Quote from: laoislad on November 12, 2021, 12:37:40 PM
I've been at games where ex and current Rangers players were booed, no one seemed to care afterwards. Can't see any difference to the booing last night. Not that I agree with booing anyways but if it's wrong to boo Ronaldo then it's wrong to boo any player..
Bit ridiculous also for anyone to suggest it was Liverpool Irish fans doing all the booing...
Awk now theres a difference boing a Rangers player and booing a Liverpool/United player...

Itchy

I think it is stupid to boo an ex rangers player too.

laoislad

Quote from: Itchy on November 12, 2021, 12:54:07 PM

I think it is retarded to boo an ex rangers player too.
I think it's disappointing you used the word retarded.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Itchy

Quote from: laoislad on November 12, 2021, 12:55:00 PM
Quote from: Itchy on November 12, 2021, 12:54:07 PM

I think it is retarded to boo an ex rangers player too.
I think it's disappointing you used the word retarded.

Fine, I changed it to stupid. No offence was meant

Rudi

The best supporters in the world, didn't cover themselves in glory; with the booing of one of the finest players, the world has produced. Fair play to Ronaldo at the end a nice gesture to give the wee girl his jersey, of course he was a great lad then with the boo boys.
On the game itself, playing well delighted for Kenny. He's a down to earth honest sort of fella, league of Ireland grassroots through & through, shrove your Trappatonis up your arse

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Armagh18 on November 12, 2021, 12:53:09 PM
Awk now theres a difference boing a Rangers player and booing a Liverpool/United player...

Is there? Is it not the same - importing foreign football 'rivalry' where it isn't needed or wanted?

weareros

Thought Okoflex, who is in great form for West Ham u23, would be involved with U21s tonight but not listed as a sub. Still pondering England? Wonder why we are not in home jersey.

imtommygunn

There was a fight in the crowd near me.

I wasn't serious about the Liverpool comment. I would say no offense intended but that would be a lie :D

Cunny Funt

Certainly can't fault the effort of the lads in the last couple of games, plenty of potential in this group of players, are improving with each game and to qualify for a major competition in the years ahead has to be a objective.

Egan, Duffy was the best defenders on show last night, Coleman showed his good and bad sides, the good the block on Ronaldos shot 1st half, bad totally switching off to allow Ronaldo in for a free header 2nd half and more often than not he scores those type of chances. Robinson, Doherty, Ogbene put in a serious shift for their side.

mouview

Quote from: Cunny Funt on November 12, 2021, 06:23:19 PM
Certainly can't fault the effort of the lads in the last couple of games, plenty of potential in this group of players, are improving with each game and to qualify for a major competition in the years ahead has to be a objective.

Egan, Duffy was the best defenders on show last night, Coleman showed his good and bad sides, the good the block on Ronaldos shot 1st half, bad totally switching off to allow Ronaldo in for a free header 2nd half and more often than not he scores those type of chances. Robinson, Doherty, Ogbene put in a serious shift for their side.

Need so many more of them playing at a higher club level though, until then we'll be expecting them to be much greater than the sum of their parts. Particularly need more (creative) attacking options.