The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nanderson

New Zealand nullified south africas power play and the bomb squad scrum and south africa wiped out new zealands fast counter and wide play.

Wildweasel74

Probably the worse final since 1991, Imagine England had this lot beat.

Gael80

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on October 28, 2023, 10:07:51 PMDeserved? I think they poor enough, France be kicking themselves.

I think they were tired. It was a punishing schedule for SA. Great teams find a way though.

Nanderson

And the south africa manager wanted to leave Pollard at home...

Rudi

Not a great tournament overall. 3 games stand out.
SA v France
NZ v Ireland
SA v Ireland

Portugal only decent outsiders.

Former Irish fullback very popular with SA players.

bennydorano

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on October 28, 2023, 10:08:54 PMProbably the worse final since 1991, Imagine England had this lot beat.
You'd be safer watching Laois v Kildare playing out a 2.20 to 2.19 game that nobody gives a f**k about

Captain Obvious

Two best sides in the World of rugby for the last 16 years. A bruising encounter decided on fine margins.

An Watcher

Yep, overall a disappointing tournament that owes much to the draw than anything. 
Can't 8magine an expanded version will improve much.  More dead rubbers

Wildweasel74

Benny, the standard was poor shite. Compared to previous finals! Shouldnt be oh the occasion!!

bennydorano

Blowitupref

The South Africa management team almost as big in numbers as Dublin footballers management or Limerick hurlers.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

gallsman

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on October 28, 2023, 10:06:30 PMThey may have won but I still don't think they the best team in the Tournament. I still think France and Ireland are better than them. Cane red card the difference. SA didn't score in the 2nd Half against 14 men.

Doesn't matter at the end of the day I guess.

Don't think Ireland or NZ, as good as the game was, could have come close to the level both SA and France were at in theirs.

burdizzo

Quote from: gallsman on October 28, 2023, 10:36:20 PMDon't think Ireland or NZ, as good as the game was, could have come close to the level both SA and France were at in theirs.

Definitely not. However, don't understand why McKenzie wasn't on earlier, esp. when their conversion kicker was so poor. He'd have nailed that one, whatever about the one Barret missed.

gallsman

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on October 28, 2023, 10:15:54 PMBenny, the standard was poor shite. Compared to previous finals! Shouldnt be oh the occasion!!

What finals have you been watching?

2019 - Wipeout
2015 - Wipeout, albeit with a hint of a comeback
2011 - Shite
2007 - Shite
2003 - Decent
1999 - Wipeout

Wildweasel74

Forgot about how crap 2011 was in all honestly, but the actual standard of play was very poor closeness of the final aside.