Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

general_lee

Bad luck with injuries aside still suspect at the back which is costing us. Ajeti is another dud and needs sent on his way, the sooner Kyogo is back the better, huge test on Thursday night.

StPatsAbu

The lack of depth in the squad can't be laid at Ange"s door and it's really difficult to cope without all of Jullien, Forrest, Mcgregor and Kyogo most of the season. At full strength Celtic would not drop many points in the league. While a run in Europe might be nice, staying in touch with Sevco heading into the new year is most important

toby47

When is Jullien due back?

May hope this Greek striker is better than Ajeti.

Link

When will league cup semi date and time be confirmed?

toby47

Quote from: Link on September 28, 2021, 11:55:13 AM
When will league cup semi date and time be confirmed?

Confirmed today.

Saturday 20th November - 5.15PM - Hampden Park

Live on Premier Sports

bennydorano

Initial promise fading quickly. Celtic are easily played by teams with a bit of quality (& Leverkeusen are a cut above), just push up and go man to man and if Celtic can't get out then it's a defensive shambles waiting to happen. Ange is going to have to get real, BL aren't Raith Rovers, set up and play accordingly. First goal was just bad luck gone wrong but it hasn't been good since.

charlieTully

Quote from: bennydorano on September 30, 2021, 08:51:28 PM
Initial promise fading quickly. Celtic are easily played by teams with a bit of quality (& Leverkeusen are a cut above), just push up and go man to man and if Celtic can't get out then it's a defensive shambles waiting to happen. Ange is going to have to get real, BL aren't Raith Rovers, set up and play accordingly. First goal was just bad luck gone wrong but it hasn't been good since.

Yeah. Horses for courses. Set up accordingly. Tbf rodgers had a similar philosophy and it let to some tankings in Europe. Trying to play it out against these boys is a disaster. Unfortunately the days of celtic being a force at home in Europe are well gone. But sure win lose or draw.

StPatsAbu

Defence a shambles alright but on clear chances Celtic should prob be 4-3 up here. Good teams punish you tho

toby47

I agree with the above, Celtic had as many clear chances last night as Leverkusen last night.

How Celtic didn't score is beyond me. Kyogo is a complete livewire although the defence is a complete shambles.

If everyone in the squad was fit what would your starting defence be?

themac_23

I really dont know what to think, we look so good going forward but we waste so many chances its criminal, you cant expect to get anything out of games with the chances we miss. at the back I actually think we've the basis of a good defence, Hart has been class CCV and Starfelt are decent with Jullien to come back. the RB and LB are killing us though, Ralston is exactly the kinda player I feel any celtic fan would be with full time athlete training, hard working, heart on sleeve but just not good enough. Midfield we cant Play Rogic and Turnbull in the one team, zero legs and against teams with energy and pace we are completely over run. Our front 3 are class and when they get settled they will be a top unit.

I know people want Ange out but I give him a bit of slack for the crazy injury list we had, but I really think he needs to rethink the fullbacks coming in the pitch, might work if you've top class players but not Ralston and Montgomery against top top players.

Ive heard he's been given the next 4 games to turn the ship, to be honest when you start talking bout games and timescales you're on borrowed time

toby47

Quote from: themac_23 on October 01, 2021, 08:25:38 AM
I really dont know what to think, we look so good going forward but we waste so many chances its criminal, you cant expect to get anything out of games with the chances we miss. at the back I actually think we've the basis of a good defence, Hart has been class CCV and Starfelt are decent with Jullien to come back. the RB and LB are killing us though, Ralston is exactly the kinda player I feel any celtic fan would be with full time athlete training, hard working, heart on sleeve but just not good enough. Midfield we cant Play Rogic and Turnbull in the one team, zero legs and against teams with energy and pace we are completely over run. Our front 3 are class and when they get settled they will be a top unit.

I know people want Ange out but I give him a bit of slack for the crazy injury list we had, but I really think he needs to rethink the fullbacks coming in the pitch, might work if you've top class players but not Ralston and Montgomery against top top players.

Ive heard he's been given the next 4 games to turn the ship, to be honest when you start talking bout games and timescales you're on borrowed time

The chances missed in the past 2 games alone is madness. The chances missed on Sunday (hit the bar 3 times) and last night. The fact only 1 goal was scored with these chances is beyond crazy.

ned

Quote from: themac_23 on October 01, 2021, 08:25:38 AM

I agree with most of this but even with proper RB and LB I'm not sure much changes with his system.
Good source for your last sentence?
If results continue as they are he should be gone but this was the same last season. No confidence in the board.

bennydorano

I suspect the Ange out chat is the usual Social media shite, I would doubt there's talk of change among the power brokers - look at how long Lennon got ffs and getting a replacement in. I think there's potential there.

Applesisapples

I would agree with Chris Sutton's belief that he needs time, given how far the team had fallen. Watched the second half of the Rangers match, they are no defensive masters either. Should have been beaten by 5 or 6, outplayed by a less than average team, at least Leverkusen are quality. Nearly choked on my tea when Lennon described Celtic's defending as naive, given the defending (lack of)that he coached.

JimStynes

Lennon's some neck on him all the same. There is a real lack of quality in the Celtic team. More effort this year but there are some very poor players running about.