TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 21, 2021, 12:54:40 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on October 21, 2021, 11:34:13 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on October 21, 2021, 09:10:15 AM
I have just started watching a bit of the last season. I'm interested in how they finish it but from being a great show it really did die a death. There were some great series of it though - the guvnor and Negan were great villains.

Negan was brilliant.
It did lose its way a bit, but I stuck with it. This final season is just ok.
A bit of a poor villain I thought. Just interested to see how they finish it off really.

I just watched a short series on IPlayer, The Cleaner with Greg Davies. It was really good.

Its crazy how we view things, anything he's in or on I turn over, just don't get his style

I find him like will Ferrell. In general I just don't like him but there's the odd thing I love that he's in. I loved cuckoo on bbc. With Ferrell I love other guys, old Skool and wedding crushers and can't look near anything else.

tbrick18

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 22, 2021, 07:44:47 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 21, 2021, 12:54:40 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on October 21, 2021, 11:34:13 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on October 21, 2021, 09:10:15 AM
I have just started watching a bit of the last season. I'm interested in how they finish it but from being a great show it really did die a death. There were some great series of it though - the guvnor and Negan were great villains.

Negan was brilliant.
It did lose its way a bit, but I stuck with it. This final season is just ok.
A bit of a poor villain I thought. Just interested to see how they finish it off really.

I just watched a short series on IPlayer, The Cleaner with Greg Davies. It was really good.

Its crazy how we view things, anything he's in or on I turn over, just don't get his style

I find him like will Ferrell. In general I just don't like him but there's the odd thing I love that he's in. I loved cuckoo on bbc. With Ferrell I love other guys, old Skool and wedding crushers and can't look near anything else.

I actually think he's brilliant. Haven't seen cuckoo or taskmaster through.
I get what your saying about Ferrell though. He can be brilliant, but depends on the movie. He seems to have a persona he can do and that's it. I loved the Daddy's home movies, Step Brothers, Taladega Nights and the Other Guys and the first Anchorman movie. But he's been in some sh*te too.

BennyCake

Ah jaysus, Will Ferrell? I've never found anything he's ever done in any way funny.

Robin Williams the same. He always reminded me of a child sugared up to the tits on sweets, who should be hit a slap in the bake and told to sit the f**k down.

Taylor

Quote from: BennyCake on October 22, 2021, 11:48:47 AM
Ah jaysus, Will Ferrell? I've never found anything he's ever done in any way funny.

Robin Williams the same. He always reminded me of a child sugared up to the tits on sweets, who should be hit a slap in the bake and told to sit the f**k down.

Good Will Hunting?? A masterpiece

JoG2

Quote from: Taylor on October 22, 2021, 12:57:28 PM

And Doubtfire!

JimStynes

None of Will Ferrell's stuff gave you any sort of laugh at all? Tough crowd

JimStynes

Great show!

gallsman

quit yo jibbajabba

Dead Poets Society too in fairness.
Tho yeah he can be annoying as can Ferrell, not as funny as he thinks he is

BennyCake

Quote from: JimStynes on October 22, 2021, 01:02:26 PM

None of Will Ferrell's stuff gave you any sort of laugh at all? Tough crowd

Not a titter. Screaming random shite at the top of your voice is not my idea of funny.

BennyCake

Quote from: JoG2 on October 22, 2021, 01:01:07 PM

And Doubtfire!

Doubtfire is fine. Because it's not him being him. You can sort of pretend it really is an aul doll. When he stops the stupid voices and dicking about, I could get through some of his stuff but I tend to avoid him if I can.

Never seen Hunting. Sounds very tedious.

BennyCake

Quote from: gallsman on October 22, 2021, 01:12:15 PM
Good Morning Vietnam?

Just the sound of him screaming those three words,  puts me off ever going near that film.

Taylor

Ferrell is hit and miss - but Frank The Tank was funny

Ethan Tremblay

Quote from: BennyCake on October 22, 2021, 02:23:10 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on October 22, 2021, 01:01:07 PM

And Doubtfire!

Doubtfire is fine. Because it's not him being him. You can sort of pretend it really is an aul doll. When he stops the stupid voices and dicking about, I could get through some of his stuff but I tend to avoid him if I can.

Never seen Hunting. Sounds very tedious.

Good Will Hunting he is brilliant, shows he can actually act a bit. 

Anyone watching Maid on Netflix? Surprised me how good it actually is. 
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

An Watcher

Maid is a good show but it's a tough almost depressing watch a times to see kids living like that.