TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Still scratching my head as to how the lad who plays Roy Kent in Ted Lasso won an actual Emmy... WTF???

Tony Baloney

Quote from: screenexile on September 27, 2021, 09:46:22 PM
Still scratching my head as to how the lad who plays Roy Kent in Ted Lasso won an actual Emmy... WTF???
Seen a few episodes. Is he the Roy Keane rip off?

Main Street

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 28, 2021, 12:10:03 AM
I suppose the Roy Kent name helped you to almost put 2+2 on that one ;D. No flies on you Tony!!!  He won the 'assistant' actor award, I wonder what the real Roy would say about that? 'he's a bluffer, a total  effin bluffer', 'an effin wooden statue'
Ted himself won the top Emmy, he's the outstanding comic actor on that show by a country mile, though Coach Beard is a good second.

nrico2006

Quote from: toby47 on September 27, 2021, 04:40:54 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on September 26, 2021, 11:04:15 PM
Kin is gathering a bit of momentum

Definitely the best of the first 3 episodes last night.

The storyline is good, but I'm still not gripped  & I'm not even sure why.

I like the show so far but not gripped either.  The story is one that has been done countless times before so maybe that's the reason. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

lurganblue

I'm not so sure yet. Some scenes i have enjoyed but at times i have been bored by the pace. Still, there is potential.

brokencrossbar1

Ah come here, I think it's great. It's easy watching with a lot of relatable shit. A bit cringe at times but I think that's the point.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: lurganblue on September 28, 2021, 10:28:40 AM

I'm not so sure yet. Some scenes i have enjoyed but at times i have been bored by the pace. Still, there is potential.

It's ok, and plenty of room to grow. However it's very predictable so far.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Main Street on September 28, 2021, 01:26:17 AM
I suppose the Roy Kent name helped you to almost put 2+2 on that one ;D. No flies on you Tony!!!  He won the 'assistant' actor award, I wonder what the real Roy would say about that? 'he's a bluffer, a total  effin bluffer', 'an effin wooden statue'
Ted himself won the top Emmy, he's the outstanding comic actor on that show by a country mile, though Coach Beard is a good second.
;D cheeky bollix! I actually didn't pick up from Screen's post OR watching the show what his name was! I haven't seen enough of it to pass any real judgement on the acting but I certainly wouldn't have said any of it was award winning from what I have seen to date.

bennydorano

Came across Scream Queens on Disney + having missed it first time around, only watched a few episodes but it's been really funny so far.

screenexile

Midnight Mass is some craic lads!!

lurganblue

Quote from: screenexile on September 30, 2021, 09:21:10 PM

Weird one alright. not too bad though if you like that type of thing.  Same makers as The Haunting of Hill House i believe?  It's not on that level.

Snapchap

Anyone watched this Squid Games thing? Seems to be getting good reviews everywhere. Also a new one on netflix getting good reviews is a Danish(?) series - The Chestnut Man. Anyone given it a go yet?

lurganblue

Quote from: lurganblue on October 01, 2021, 10:30:03 AM
Quote from: screenexile on September 30, 2021, 09:21:10 PM

Weird one alright. not too bad though if you like that type of thing.  Same makers as The Haunting of Hill House i believe?  It's not on that level.

Finished it there. The last 2 episodes were much better. Still though, the long drawn out monologues are not for me.

ONeill

Quote from: Snapchap on October 01, 2021, 03:15:40 PM
Anyone watched this Squid Games thing? Seems to be getting good reviews everywhere. Also a new one on netflix getting good reviews is a Danish(?) series - The Chestnut Man. Anyone given it a go yet?

Found Squid Games easy to watch and time flew by. Young ones love it. I'm on 5th episode and haven't got distracted which is unusual for me. Give it a go. First 2 episodes probably slowest but have decent hooks.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Oh and don't do the American dubbed audio. Best in original language.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.