Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Value in what way Eamonn? In terms of prepping for a marathon? Ten miles and half marathon good race distances to get you started longer.

Tbf usually at the later times they have to start opening the roads up so there are some issues.

The Bearded One

Does anyone here know if there will be entries available for Dublin Marathon in 2022 or will it be closed due to the volume of carry overs from 2020 & 2021?
It is what it is. Presumably.

dec

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on October 04, 2021, 09:32:52 PM
I tip my hat to marathon runners. I ran a 10k yesterday and got it tight enough. Would love to commit to a marathon at some point. Would there be any value in starting with a half marathon? My level of fitness is I could go a 5k with no training, a 10k with about a week of preparation, and I've never done a half.

A half is definitely a good goal. I found the step up from 10K to half is not too bad. A marathon is a much bigger leap. I would say if you could get to a 10K in a week you could make a half in a month (though it would be worth training for longer).

laoislad

Quote from: The Bearded One on November 16, 2021, 09:41:54 PM
Does anyone here know if there will be entries available for Dublin Marathon in 2022 or will it be closed due to the volume of carry overs from 2020 & 2021?
Don't think there will be any available. I've seen people ask them on Twitter and that has been their answer. Now unless there will be a few available nearer the time because people who have entries have to drop out for whatever reason, but it will have been 3 years since a Dublin Marathon took place so next October is gonna be very popular and anyone that has a entry will be keen to do it.
Luckily I still have my entry from 2020
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

The Bearded One

That's disappointing. Trust me to have opted to take a year off in 2020 and now will miss out!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: The Bearded One on November 17, 2021, 06:29:52 PM
That's disappointing. Trust me to have opted to take a year off in 2020 and now will miss out!

Amsterdam race (if on) is pretty decent
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

Possible chance of a lottery for limited entries if enough people claim a refund according to this in the comments underneath the post.
https://twitter.com/dublinmarathon/status/1462707697468461056?s=21

Orior

Great performance by the Irish at the cross-country in Abbotstown
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

laoislad

Here you go, get your name in the hat..
https://www.facebook.com/291874688184/posts/10159911564238185/?d=n

The Bearded One

Thanks @laoislad it's great news (provided I am lucky!)

imtommygunn

Quote from: Orior on December 12, 2021, 11:19:08 AM
Great performance by the Irish at the cross-country in Abbotstown

Missed this. Great performance from McElhinny. The English boy that wee bit too strong but he did well. Dublin city track club re making some progress too. Wasn't there a boy finished top ten? McCormick / Britton strogn as an ox as usual.

laoislad

Worst part of a new year is my Strava stats reset to 0 😁
2300km ran this year, down a couple hundred on last year.Have a goal of getting to 3000km next year.
Hopefully all races return as normal next year. Have a half Marathon in Meath in March first up.

Milltown Row2

Try and get under 4 ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: laoislad on December 31, 2021, 06:40:12 PM
2300km ran this year, down a couple hundred on last year.Have a goal of getting to 3000km next year.
Hopefully all races return as normal next year. Have a half Marathon in Meath in March first up.

I feel can type in this thread now....looking forward to doing this half marathon,  all blame laying on your door and that Monaghan fecker!  Not doing your kinda mileage but getting there!

laoislad

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 31, 2021, 09:45:07 PM
Quote from: laoislad on December 31, 2021, 06:40:12 PM

I feel can type in this thread now....looking forward to doing this half marathon,  all blame laying on your door and that Monaghan fecker!  Not doing your kinda mileage but getting there!
You're doing mighty. Should be good craic alright. I reckon we kick the shins off him before the start 😁