Doire v Mhuineacháin 24/5/09

Started by Oakleafer93, April 27, 2009, 12:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidelineKick

Quote from: INDIANA on June 11, 2009, 03:50:38 PM
Look at the incident again . Mullen can see at all times where the ref is when he did it. Do I have to post the bloody thing again?
As said above point out in the rulebook where a knee with intent is differentiated in the rulebook? You guys should be doing stand up. Des Bishop would be out of a job.

You can't possibly be as stupid as you're letting on.  Do you know that for a KICK you use your FOOT. And for a KNEE you use...go on have a go...that's right, your KNEE! If nothing else answer me this...did you know the difference before you posted that Mullan kicked him?

I have said Mullan deserves a ban whether he kneed him in the balls, stomach, eyebrow, calf, back, tooth, earlobe, big toe. It doesn't matter. My point is he deserves the same as Tommy McGuigan as it was the same offence.

HOW MANY TIMES AM I GOING TO HAVE TO POST THIS?!?!?!?!

You could do stand up yourself, although the sad thing is people would be laughing at you and not with you.  I do apologise though if you are actually very stupid as you can't help that.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

INDIANA

Youre just a f**king idiot quite frankly by attempting to come onto public website with damning video evidence and attempting to water down a disgraceful incident where the individual should have 8 months and then slating perfectly rational individuals for being critical of it.
I'm afraid you won't be getting an invitation in the post to join MENSA any time soon. If they have an equaivalent for stupid people , the form is probably on its way to you.

Will Hunting

Quote from: INDIANA on June 11, 2009, 04:18:14 PM
Youre just a f**king idiot quite frankly by attempting to come onto public website with damning video evidence and attempting to water down a disgraceful incident where the individual should have 8 months and then slating perfectly rational individuals for being critical of it.
I'm afraid you won't be getting an invitation in the post to join MENSA any time soon. If they have an equaivalent for stupid people , the form is probably on its way to you.

8 months?!?

Let me guess - 1 month for kneeing mcmanus, and 7 months for looking down the field to see where the ref was?

:D

SidelineKick

Quote from: INDIANA on June 11, 2009, 04:18:14 PM

Please show me some evidence of where I tried to water down Mullan's knee.

I have stated several times that it was disgraceful, unnecessary and downright dangerous.  All joking aside, are you f**king stupid? Are you actually incapable of reading certain words? I can't believe after the amount of times I have reiterated the fact I was against the knee to the groin area you still are unable to pick up on it. Seriously, I have more intelligence in my left knee (oops, don't mention knees).  Maybe you'll think I'm talking about feet anyway  ::)

Reported.

DennistheMenace

All his floundering credibility went whenever a ban of 8 months was mentioned, imbecile.

INDIANA

Jesus lads you actually think Derry has any credibility left- Priceless ;D ;D ;D. This thread is absolutely hilarious -who needs stand up .

SidelineKick

Quote from: INDIANA on June 11, 2009, 04:48:29 PM
Jesus lads you actually think Derry has any credibility left- Priceless ;D ;D ;D. This thread is absolutely hilarious -who needs stand up .

And you completely avoided my post.  Well done.

Reported.

INDIANA

Listen mate when you want to debate the issue at hand give us a shout. If you want to talk about ordonics I'm afraid thats not my field. If it was my county I wouldn't be opening my mouth. I'd let the individual cop all the flak because they would deserve it. County teams have no credibility left anymore. The Gaa system even less.

SidelineKick

Indiana, pleeeeease answer me this. Are you stupid? What part of my post makes me a piss-taker or a WUM or someone who is defending my county at all costs? I have openly said he deserves a ban, what the f**k is wrong with you? Are you stupid? Seriously?

I am happy to debate it now, you obviously aren't.

Reported.

Maguire01

Quote from: SidelineKick on June 11, 2009, 04:09:26 PM
I have said Mullan deserves a ban whether he kneed him in the balls, stomach, eyebrow, calf, back, tooth, earlobe, big toe. It doesn't matter. My point is he deserves the same as Tommy McGuigan as it was the same offence.
Looking at the bigger picture, two wrongs don't make a right. I know the recent McGuigan case is being cited, but 4 weeks is hardly appropriate for a knee in the nuts when, as i have already mentioned, Finlay got 8 weeks last year for verbals with the ref.

BTW, is there a video link to the Tommy McGuigan incident?

JMohan

Quote from: Maguire01 on June 11, 2009, 09:35:03 AM
Quote from: JMohan on June 11, 2009, 05:29:55 AM
Quote from: Main Street on June 11, 2009, 12:43:03 AM
Quote from: Maguire01 on June 10, 2009, 05:57:27 PM
Quote from: JMohan on June 10, 2009, 04:25:02 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on June 10, 2009, 09:07:00 AM
Tommy Freeman lost his appeal against his 8-week ban.

Doherty having his case heard tonight.

Have to laugh at the Monaghan Chairman saying how Tommay was never red carded in his life ...

Tommy Freeman has seen more Red Cards than almost any other footballer on that County team - he's got more cards than Hallmark
Can you list them?
Can he even list one?

I wonder are Derry going to use the Brolly defense?

No, there's been too many.  ;D

So now it's Saint Tommy is it? You pair mustn't have ever seen him play club football - he's far from an angel and if you saw any club football in Monaghan you'd know better than to start that ... as for Connolly spouting off he should also have known better.
I thought as much. Hot air.

I never said he was an angel - i never heard anyone saying that; that was the official line for Doherty as I recall.

I'm sure if we bring club records into it there's a fair few red cards on both teams. But you did appear to be talking about county football and so far haven't been able to give even one example. Hallmark must have very little stock.
We're not talking about both teams - We're talking about Tommy Freeman - I said he had been sent of many times for his club and was no angel - you called me out - well back it up then.

Well which is it? Hot air or truth?

You can't bullshit the truth ... has he been sent off many times for Magheracloone or not?

seamusthebard

Paul Finlay also got some thump to the jaw in the Derry/Monaghan game. It was the first incident in the game. As the referee threw the ball up to commence the game, Finlay's marker struck him from behind with his fist to the jaw.

JMohan

I would imagine they used the Doherty incident as a trip attempt not a kick.
I would also say that the Mullan one was explained as looking worse than it was and that he was kicking out to get McManus to release.

Monaghan possibly tried to go in with all guns blazing demanding the ban be scrapped completely and figured they could rely on influence to help.

In all cases I think they got it right.

SidelineKick

Quote from: Maguire01 on June 11, 2009, 05:27:47 PM
Quote from: SidelineKick on June 11, 2009, 04:09:26 PM
Looking at the bigger picture, two wrongs don't make a right. I know the recent McGuigan case is being cited, but 4 weeks is hardly appropriate for a knee in the nuts when, as i have already mentioned, Finlay got 8 weeks last year for verbals with the ref.

BTW, is there a video link to the Tommy McGuigan incident?

I completely agree Maguire which is why I said Tommy should have got 8 weeks, then Mullan would have had to take 8 weeks as well.  Perhaps contradicting myself slightly in the fact that if its there to be appealed then why not? I just think if the previous incident had have got the proper suspension Mullan's would follow with no questions asked.  Think that makes sense?

Reported.

Maguire01

Quote from: JMohan on June 11, 2009, 05:36:31 PM
We're not talking about both teams - We're talking about Tommy Freeman - I said he had been sent of many times for his club and was no angel - you called me out - well back it up then.

Well which is it? Hot air or truth?

You can't bullshit the truth ... has he been sent off many times for Magheracloone or not?
You clearly didn't. But it suits you now to change your story to club football when you've realised his disciplinary record for county.

And you may only be talking about Tommy Freeman, but it hardly makes sense to talk about his disciplinary record outside of the context of other players - you compared his record to "almost any footballer on that county team". Anyway, you still haven't cited any specific examples to support your argument - if there are many, as you claim, you should be able to mention 5 at least.