Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christmas Lights

Man Marker

Are we talking about the same Errigal team that mustered 3 pts in a county final two seasons ago V Trillick and got beat in the semi final last season by Dungannon. Frightening prospect!!

LeoMc

Quote from: Tres Bien on October 06, 2021, 03:19:20 PM
Anyone give Eglish a decent chance at a run this year?

With the McKennas and youngesters like the McGleenans, Jordan, Donnelly and Colm Byrne they have a crop of very good young players and Mattie McGleenan in charge is bound to have a good buzz around them this year.

They're very much a wild card for me, the fact McKenna has played so little for them gives them that suprise factor. Defence could be dodgy but they've got serious scoring power across the team.
They do have a good mix but are coming up against an experienced defensive side and will struggle to get enough scores to win.

Tres Bien

Quote from: LeoMc on October 06, 2021, 03:37:25 PM

With the McKennas and youngesters like the McGleenans, Jordan, Donnelly and Colm Byrne they have a crop of very good young players and Mattie McGleenan in charge is bound to have a good buzz around them this year.

They're very much a wild card for me, the fact McKenna has played so little for them gives them that suprise factor. Defence could be dodgy but they've got serious scoring power across the team.
They do have a good mix but are coming up against an experienced defensive side and will struggle to get enough scores to win.

I think there's a lot of potential there but inexperience might go against them. I think they certainly have the quality to make a semi final anyway and I think they will be the surprise package of this championship.

giveherlong

Anyone able to put up a link to an archive of the all County league tables going back over the years?

Aaron Boone

Quote from: Tres Bien on October 06, 2021, 03:41:04 PM

I think there's a lot of potential there but inexperience might go against them. I think they certainly have the quality to make a semi final anyway and I think they will be the surprise package of this championship.
Eglish the dark horses is the general consensus across the county.  They have won the Senior Championship before and this year could see it coming back home. 

skeog

Aaoor Boone are you serious Eglish winning championship.Is today 1st of April?.

StPatsAbu

Quote from: Man Marker on October 06, 2021, 03:32:16 PM
Are we talking about the same Errigal team that mustered 3 pts in a county final two seasons ago V Trillick and got beat in the semi final last season by Dungannon. Frightening prospect!!

Any team that loses by a point in extra time to the county champions must be shite alright!  ;D

LeoMc

By the sounds of it Eglish v Errigal has the makings of a great final.

sidelineball

Quote from: Aaron Boone on October 06, 2021, 06:00:01 PM
Quote from: Tres Bien on October 06, 2021, 03:41:04 PM

Eglish the dark horses is the general consensus across the county.  They have won the Senior Championship before and this year could see it coming back home.

"Won the senior championship before..." in 1970?! Yeah we'll with that type of form it's hard to look past them. Shut up you clampit.

Tyrone95

Washingbay Shamrocks had a fine team in '34.. Wonder would they get the band back together and give it a lash next year. Hard to look past if so

LeoMc

Quote from: Tyrone95 on October 07, 2021, 07:56:53 AM
Washingbay Shamrocks had a fine team in '34.. Wonder would they get the band back together and give it a lash next year. Hard to look past if so
The Carrickmore men know the value of a championship tradition. ;)

PMG1

Donaghmore starting well against KC against the wind

redzone

Any reports of killyclogher and donghamore tonight and the minor championship final last night of donghamore and loughmacroy

Tres Bien

Young Cush looked good tonight, by far and away Donaghmore's best player on his senior Championship debut. Will be one to watch out for in the coming years.

Killyclogher don't look great. Very, very reliant on Tiarnan McCann and Bradley, don't really look like a well drilled side and without those two players their side seems to lack any impetus.