Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WT4E

Would clubs agree to play at locations with suitable lights? There's a fair few grounds with he facilities.

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: Under Lights on August 31, 2021, 10:02:08 PM
Great work.

Have to think evenings will be gone in terms of double weekend of Friday Sunday. Playing to second week of December. So be it.
Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on August 30, 2021, 05:57:11 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on August 29, 2021, 09:25:47 PM
Lot of reserve games conceded today

Plenty of rumours floating around that relegation will be scrapped in ALC. Can't see it being true.
5 League games going to be played after All Ireland before Championship start date 1st October. Remaining 3 league games after the Semi Final Stage.
After the All Ireland Final league games are being played Tuesday (Senior Only) Friday (Senior) Sunday (Res & Senior) Tuesday/Wednesday (Senior) and Sunday (Res & Sen). 3 remaining league games will then be played - 1 between Semi Final and Final and final 2 after Championship Final.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on August 31, 2021, 10:25:09 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on August 31, 2021, 10:02:08 PM
Great work.

Have to think evenings will be gone in terms of double weekend of Friday Sunday. Playing to second week of December. So be it.
Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on August 30, 2021, 05:57:11 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on August 29, 2021, 09:25:47 PM
Lot of reserve games conceded today

Plenty of rumours floating around that relegation will be scrapped in ALC. Can't see it being true.
5 League games going to be played after All Ireland before Championship start date 1st October. Remaining 3 league games after the Semi Final Stage.
After the All Ireland Final league games are being played Tuesday (Senior Only) Friday (Senior) Sunday (Res & Senior) Tuesday/Wednesday (Senior) and Sunday (Res & Sen). 3 remaining league games will then be played - 1 between Semi Final and Final and final 2 after Championship Final.

Surely that's impossible due to the light and a sizeable number of clubs not having suitable lights?

Under Lights

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on August 31, 2021, 10:44:10 PM
Midweek or Friday ACL games might be possible where the round of the corresponding reserve game has already been played/awarded - the Tyrone CCC had provisionally fixed games for a couple of Tuesday evenings recently that had to then be postponed - but with evening light now fading fast the window for this is very narrow. Present sunset time is about 8.20pm, by 11th September it's 7.55pm, 7.30pm by Tues 21st & just after 7.00pm by the start of October. Tuesday 14th or Friday 17th September is an option but you'd want to be starting any games no later than 6.30pm, 6.15pm preferably, unless the venue has suitable floodlights. You might get away with it on the Friday, but the hassle of getting players together for a Tuesday fixture (especially if the away team has to do some travelling) might not be acceptable to a lot of clubs.

Quote from: WT4E on August 31, 2021, 10:17:57 PM
Would clubs agree to play at locations with suitable lights? There's a fair few grounds with he facilities.

Off the top of my head within Tyrone, the following venues have at least one full-size floodlit pitch...

* MUSA Cookstown
* Youth Sport Omagh (though it's a long time since I recall any competitive games being held there)
* Garvaghy (of course!)
* Healy Park
* Fintona (training pitch)
* Eoghan Ruadh, Dungannon
* Stewartstown
* Greencastle
* Dromore (training pitch)

...and I've probably missed out some others.

No way teams give up home advantage in a regulation scrap.

Redhand Santa

Hard to know if 6.30 in the evening is an option either. Very harsh on anyone working any distance from home (though will be less people currently with working from home etc). Also 3 games in a week is a lot to ask of players - some injuries picked up in the run up to the championship. Possibly 6.30 on a Friday will work for most - 6.30 on a Tuesday would be tough.

blewuporstuffed

Midweek or Friday ACL games might be possible where the round of the corresponding reserve game has already been played/awarded - the Tyrone CCC had provisionally fixed games for a couple of Tuesday evenings recently that had to then be postponed - but with evening light now fading fast the window for this is very narrow. Present sunset time is about 8.20pm, by 11th September it's 7.55pm, 7.30pm by Tues 21st & just after 7.00pm by the start of October. Tuesday 14th or Friday 17th September is an option but you'd want to be starting any games no later than 6.30pm, 6.15pm preferably, unless the venue has suitable floodlights. You might get away with it on the Friday, but the hassle of getting players together for a Tuesday fixture (especially if the away team has to do some travelling) might not be acceptable to a lot of clubs.

Off the top of my head within Tyrone, the following venues have at least one full-size floodlit pitch...

* MUSA Cookstown
* Youth Sport Omagh (though it's a long time since I recall any competitive games being held there)
* Garvaghy (of course!)
* Healy Park
* Stewartstown
* Greencastle

Carrickmore
Donaghmore
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

WT4E

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on September 01, 2021, 04:28:26 PM

* MUSA Cookstown
* Garvaghy (of course!)
* Healy Park
* Stewartstown
* Greencastle

Carrickmore
Donaghmore

Kildress

Will there be relegation though??

The Bearded One

It is what it is. Presumably.

Under Lights

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 05, 2021, 06:11:05 PM
Eskra are Division 3 league winners after beating Errigal thirds yesterday 0-16 to 3-3.

Just one round of league left in junior and then championship will start. Really looking forward to championship season rolling around again

Under Lights

I see the fixtures are out for this week.
Would have thought that the fixtures for the remainder of the season could have been issued.

square_ball

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 06, 2021, 03:30:51 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on September 06, 2021, 08:56:52 AM
Would have thought that the fixtures for the remainder of the season could have been issued.

I asked in the main All-Ireland final thread if the match was to be played to a finish, but no one could give a clear answer - I looked on gaa.ie and it states "extra time if necessary" but nothing about what would happen if the scores are still level by that point. Presumably a replay is a possible outcome and that's why the Tyrone CCC have kept their powder dry?

Any word on when the JFC is due to start?

Mikhailov

I asked in the main All-Ireland final thread if the match was to be played to a finish, but no one could give a clear answer - I looked on gaa.ie and it states "extra time if necessary" but nothing about what would happen if the scores are still level by that point. Presumably a replay is a possible outcome and that's why the Tyrone CCC have kept their powder dry?

Replay is needed if a draw on the day

bogball88

Quote from: square_ball on September 06, 2021, 03:37:38 PM

Any word on when the JFC is due to start?
I would hazard a guess and say either the w/e of 24th September or 1st October. Probably the latter

sidelineball

Any word of when the league will recommence?

Under Lights

It's up on the website. ACL games next two Sundays.